Hacking Team Cyclops forum down?

DrkXShadowZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That response seems...automated to me. Their response doesn't mention anything about an announcement (e.g. whether if it's a good idea or not). It just seems like a typical reply to anyone that sends them an e-mail about the forums being down.

EDIT: Here's what I mean: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1870557
Someone else sent them an e-mail a while back and the reply is basically the same.

And Deyardly, I still get the same error message. How were you able to get a different one?

elemcee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After days of trying to access the CycloDS forums to get info on skinning, I gave up and found the info elsewhere. I found the evo-skinning-info.zip file on an Italian forum. You have to register to get to it, so I thought I'd host the file myself for those who don't speak Italian or don't want to register.

So if you're looking for detailed info on how create skins for the CycloDS Evolution, click here.

I just registered to share this. Hope someone finds it helpful.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is the EXACT same email response that DrkXShadowZ linked to. Down to the line breaks. Definitely looks automated to me. Of course, Copy/Paste is the non conspiracy theory answer ;-)

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose someone who's been a Cyclos owner/TC patron longer than me (A bit over a year now) would have more experience with their forums going down (I've heard its happened before), but how many times does this same exact thing have to happen before they fix it permanently or just use different forum software and/or a different host?

Like I said, I've only had a CycloDS for a year, but I've never seen the server crash as many times as it has in the past few weeks.

Deyardly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrkXShadowZ said:
And Deyardly, I still get the same error message. How were you able to get a different one?

Well, it would seem that the "old" error message is back, so I guess my "new" error was just a fluke. I now get the same old :

QUOTEWarning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=1) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=18) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

I'm guessing the fluke stems from my personal internet connection back home, because when I tried from my college campus, I got the message you see in this post.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd not heard anything about updating the software, but even if they were it's no excuse to have the forum down for over half a month without so much as a word on their site. Any words from Shane anyone?

DrkXShadowZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shane owns his own forum. Someone had already posted about the CycloDS forum being down and he has no idea why. This thread seems to be about the exact same topic as the thread I made a while back. Maybe merge the two together or something?

striderx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrkXShadowZ said:
Shane owns his own forum. Someone had already posted about the CycloDS forum being down and he has no idea why. This thread seems to be about the exact same topic as the thread I made a while back. Maybe merge the two together or something?

You mean that other topic you started three and a half hours after I started this one?

Yeah, sure, merge 'em.

striderx

striderx said:
For the past couple of days I haven't ben able to access the Team Cyclops forums. Have any of you experienced the same problem?

Any ideas? Site hacked? Corrupted? Negelected?

striderx

QUOTE(DrkXShadowZ @ Apr 1 2009, 01:28 AM)
Topic title pretty much says it all. All I get are a bunch of "Warning"s when I try to access the forum. Anyone having the same issue and/or know what's going on?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did talk about updating the forums so they could control spam posts more efficiently. That was one of the reasons they stopped registration for a while. Now that the site bombed on them, they just might update in the process of restoring the forums. Who knows.

Munin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The error given when you try to enter the forums has changed, it now shows.

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.teamcyclops.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.teamcyclops.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

- They are probably changing the forums code.

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens all the time with them. At least 5 or 6 times that I remember off the top of my head, and I don't really check that often. They are horrible at keeping up their forums... sometimes their site is down for days and the forum is up.

Oh well, as long as they keep the updates coming I really don't care much.

nokillmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both cyclopsds.com and teamcyclops.com are down for me, both showing a "Firefox can't find the server at www.cyclopsds.com." and "Firefox can't find the server at www.teamcyclops.com.", respectively. I tried IsItDownForEveryoneOrJustMe, and they say its down too.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know what people are talking about - I've been using the TC forums for the last few days constantly and haven't encountered any errors or problems of any kind.

edit: Those two posted within about 27 minutes of each other, so it might've only been down for an hour or two...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto