Team Cyclops forum down?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by striderx, Apr 1, 2009.

Apr 1, 2009

Team Cyclops forum down? by striderx at 6:06 AM (8,007 Views / 0 Likes) 37 replies

1. striderx
    OP

Member striderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For the past couple of days I haven't ben able to access the Team Cyclops forums. Have any of you experienced the same problem?

When I visit this site: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/ my browser delivers the following:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=1) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=18) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Any ideas? Site hacked? Corrupted? Negelected?

striderx

2. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    It;s probably just a problem with their host. There's nothing to be worried about.

3. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    and...how long might that take to get fixed? It's been down for a considerable time now...

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Geez, this downtime has been going on for too long. :\

I emailed them about it, and some other things about firmware, and they said they're working on it, but still...how long can I take to just restore the forum software?

5. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    You know, you would think that a team like Team Cyclops, who makes such a great flashcart with excellent firmware updates would be able to fix a relatively simple thing like their forums. I don't think they're trying all that hard.

6. spinergy

Newcomer spinergy Member

United States
    Yea i am a bit more that slightly pissed that their forums have been down this long. Especially since they have not mentioned anything concerning it on the main page. Looks like none of their products have been updated since the forums have gone down either. I'm gonna try to track down Shane Monroe in a minute and see if he knows anything about it.

7. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    You know, I hope they offer Paypal donations for their hosting. I'd donate $5 if they'd stay up for the next year 95% of the time.

8. unz

Member unz Chaotic Neutral

Australia
    No offence intended jester, but there's people who are generous, and then there's people who are just plain gullible. We've already paid top dollar for their product. TC aren't short of cash.

They could easily get a decent forum host if they really wanted to. If you remember the spamming problems and all the complaints one always gets on forums, you can't really blame them for letting the TC forum fall over for a while.

They probably just want some peace and quiet so they can get on with developing the iCyclo, or whatever it's going to be called. Wanna take bets on how fast the TC forums will return once that new cart hits the market?

9. jameswalker85

Newcomer jameswalker85 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I can understand that they'll be working on the CycloDSi/iCyclo, but wouldn't they have someone on the team who would be solely responsible for maintaining the forum.

I don't know how they work, but I'd have thought that they'd at least have different departments. Like Hardware, Programming, Web, etc...

Maybe I'm wrong. I usually am.

10. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The forum is for ALL their products, not just the evolution. 360 and wii modchip users are out in the cold too. I highly doubt the delay in fixing the forum is in any way related to development of a dsi capable flash cart.

Going on 2 weeks now, any chance of it being a simple fix they just haven't gotten around to is a poor excuse.

I've jinxed another card maker. Its the only plausible explanation.

11. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    Yeah, it definitely seems weird that their forum's been down for so long now, with not even a mention on their main site.

I hope there's some big news when it finally does come back up... like a new product for the DSi, or something equally cool.

12. Hocus Cadabra

Newcomer Hocus Cadabra Newbie

United States
    Has anyone gotten any reply from them, email or anything?

Whether they are working on a new product or not, having forums down for weeks and no web site update is concerning. They have built their reputation on great support of their products.

13. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    The Cyclo has now become the new R4.

14. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    I was on the other day (how many months ago) and I was taking a look around, and I saw one of the mods say that they need to update the forum software (don't quote me on this) maybe that's wat they're doing?

15. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    presumptive much?

16. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Great support, well worth paying for, it gives me a warm feeling inside.

17. Amak

Newcomer Amak Advanced Member

United States

It takes this long to update the software?

18. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am also concerned. It has been almost 2 weeks. With the DSi out in wide distribution now, there have to be a lot of people looking for a DSi compatible cart. Without the forums and/or an official answer to the DSi question, Team Cyclops is making them look elsewhere and losing money.

19. Deyardly

Newcomer Deyardly Newbie

United States
    Hiya people, just wanted to give an update:

I tried, for fun, to access the team cyclo forums today, and apparently they have tried to update it or something. In any case, there is a new error message, which leads me to believe that they are currently working on the forum, so I'm starting to hope that it might be up in a day or two.

Error message:
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.teamcyclops.com Port 80

Concerning the reason for a complete shutdown of the forum I have a theory if it was intentional. Perhaps it was to avoid a swarm of people coming to there forums asking when they would release a DSi compatible cart when they weren't ready. So, they chose to shut down the forums untill they had something substantial to show us?

Mind you, I'm really new in the flash cart scene, I just got my DS 2 days ago, and am still waiting for my cart. So what I posted above is only my theory.

20. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    I did try e-mailing them about the forum last night, and they did send a response this morning. So I think calling it the next R4 is a bit premature [​IMG].