Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So iv bought most of the best wii games and im dieing for a new game and iv got it down to these 2 games and i can only really afford to buy one of them atm and it'll be quite a while before i can buy another new game so im wondering which of these 2 games i should get right now even tho i intend to get both eventually so which should i get?

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since you told us so much about the type of games you like to play, what you're looking for, what type of multiplayer, etc.. i'm going to say go with that other one.

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
So iv bought most of the best wii games and im dieing for a new game and iv got it down to these 2 games and i can only really afford to buy one of them atm and it'll be quite a while before i can buy another new game so im wondering which of these 2 games i should get right now even tho i intend to get both eventually so which should i get?

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, because it has online play. Even if you do everything in single player you will still always be able to get online and play with new people and there will always be someone out there that can kick your ass without any problems.

NSMBW is a fun game don't get me wrong. But if your any good at Mario games you can breeze through it in one sitting. After you beat it all there is left to do is search for hidden items in the levels you've already played to unlock hint videos and a handful of "hidden" stages.

Out of the two TvC has more replay value. It should keep you busy until you have enough cash to get NSMBW.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ossot said:
Well since you told us so much about the type of games you like to play, what you're looking for, what type of multiplayer, etc.. i'm going to say go with that other one.
*grinnn*
I disagree with that! I'd go with the OTHER one!
evil.gif

But seriously: those 2 games are totally different, and they're both very good within their field, so it all comes down to preference.

Personally, I don't get the hype for NSMBW. Sure, it has very decent graphics and music, but at its core it's still a 2D platformer. A good one, but nonetheless...I think the only ones who are going ecstatic over it are the same ones who have played the previous ones to death. The multiplayer and the use of the wiimote to control moving platforms is about the only thing that truly set it apart from previous versions. Still...it's a nice and casual game, so it's worth your buck.

I have barely played TvsC - or fighter games in general - so I can't comment much on it. I do know that these kind of games cater more for gamers who favor trained skill and practice over a casual jump 'n stomp game. Oh, and the multiplayer is more competitive.
I wouldn't suggest this game if you're planning on using it just on a lazy afternoon or when you're throwing a party, but if you're into fighters and can get a kick out of stringing multiple difficult button-pressing patterns together...then this game'll give you more satisfaction than Mario.

awsome8

Trophies
XP
Country
get tatsunoko vs capcom. it is a great fighting game (if you like combo based fighting). also it has far better gameplay than NSMB. sure NSMB is fun but it will take you 1-2 days to beat and then it gets very VERY boring, whereas tatsunoko is always fun due to it's online multiplayer.

D

Deleted User

Mario games barely drop in price, and I'm sure tatsunoko vs. capcom will drop in price. The choice is yours.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Describe to me this...buying...thing.
Mod yer wii for the cost of a small SD card and be happy playing both.

New super mario bros is infinitely more fun and has more fun gameplay to it.
T vs C gets old fast. It lasted me all of...a single day before it got boring. Fun for that day, but yeah.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm gonna kick this semi-old topic a bit to make some propaganda for NSMBW.

My girlfriend came over last weekend. Though we usually know better ways to spend time together, she was a bit curious about the wii. I wasn't sure which game we'd play, but it's not like I have that many co-operative games. So I decided to check out how that multiplayer aspect of Mario would pan out.

It was flat out AWESOME! Even though we wasted just about every continue we had, it was remarkable how fun it was, even considering the skill gap between us (I had finished NSMBW earlier with about 40 lives left...she didn't even know that holding the '1' button caused her character to run). Simple tactics like picking up the other player or retreating into a bubble made our game flat out hilarious (heck...she enjoyed it even more than I did).

So...yeah. I never thought that women actually liked playing a Mario game. But they exist. And my girlfriend's one of 'em!
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill