Gaming Tatsunoko VS. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Centimetro said:
Do it. Just got the official TvC Fightstick today. I was doing fine with Classic controller, but not only is the stick better, it's about 100X more fun

didja get one of those cards personally signed by the producer of TvC? something like 1 in every 100 fightsticks
tongue.gif

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theeboredone said:
What version of Neogamma are people using with this? With cios rev?

I think the cios rev14 works fine with neogamma r7
But you should have no problem with the lastest version(cios rev 17 and neogamma r8 lastest beta)

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Centimetro said:
Dwight said:
Man, I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely in love with this game. The classic controller is perfect for now, but I might have to splurge and get a fighting stick to get into more advanced stuff.

Do it. Just got the official TvC Fightstick today. I was doing fine with Classic controller, but not only is the stick better, it's about 100X more fun
I might after my next paycheck. My dad got mad at me for spending $7.00 on a CD Booklet thingy to hold all my Wii Backups, so I don't know how he'll feel about an $80 controller lol.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
Centimetro said:
Dwight said:
Man, I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely in love with this game. The classic controller is perfect for now, but I might have to splurge and get a fighting stick to get into more advanced stuff.

I might after my next paycheck. My dad got mad at me for spending $7.00 on a CD Booklet thingy to hold all my Wii Backups

Well you could've bought 7 at the dollar store. I picked one up from a dollar store and it holds 100
ohmy.gif

SexyPenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
a guy told me that I should download something before Im burning the Europe TvC and do something to do ISO. Is that true? what do I need to download?

Not quite sure if I need to write it here.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SexyPenguin said:
a guy told me that I should download something before Im burning the Europe TvC and do something to do ISO. Is that true? what do I need to download?

Not quite sure if I need to write it here.

if you're not sure how to pirate the game, and your explanation is as clear as "i gotta do something to do something" .. i recommend you buy the fucking thing and save us all a lot of time and headache.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fighting sticks are a money milking technique.
They serve no real benefit to own. People who claim they are better then controllers tend to be oldschool gamers who actually played games in an arcade, and thus may be better on a stick then on a controller.
However for most people, a controller works as good, or better then a fighting stick. Costs a hell of a lot less too.

As for the game itself...
Great game. Lovin' it.
Roll and Zero are easily my favorite. Though I really like most characters.

Wish I could find online matches more. I've tried a few times and found nothin'.
Granted, I tried during school hours so I doubt a whole lot of people were actually on, if any.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
meanwhile I tested the controls with a gc pad and the classic controller.
both worked out pretty good. anyway forget wiimote and nunchuck for that awsome game.
be sure to get yourself any kind of pad... just get a pad...

As for the fighting sticks, I go with Omocho, for the moment.
I don't like the sticks I found across the net, so far...
If there will be an original quality Nintendo ScoreMaster for Wii I definitely would get it.
until that I stick with my classic controller.

It just feel like good old StreetFighter II on SNES... definitely best fighting game on the wii so far!

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omocho said:
They serve no real benefit to own. People who claim they are better then controllers tend to be oldschool gamers who actually played games in an arcade, and thus may be better on a stick then on a controller.
However for most people, a controller works as good, or better then a fighting stick. Costs a hell of a lot less too.

haha oh wow. there's a reason why tourney players use fightsticks, if controllers were as good or better, there'd be a couple people using 360/ps3 controllers at comps. there's no way in hell you can input on a pad as fast as you can as on a fightstick. the actual stick is much more and accurate responsive than any analog stick. a majority of people tend to get blisters of sorts using a d-pad. it also feels much better using them. yeah the price is often unjustified but you just need to know what to look at, its a lot cheaper to buy a cheap one and replace the parts. but not everyone wants to/is able to replace them (requires a bit of skill in soldering and a bit in circuitry) they so go for the more expensive ones (in the ball park of 70 and up). you can easily build one yourself for $40. granted its going to be a very shitty material. the 100+ ones are going to have a nice weighty plastic/wood case and what you expect out of something that you need to bash around. heck there's people who spend up to 3x on the material used to build that case than the actual electronics/case. you also need to look at shipping the suckers, ones with decent casing can weigh anywhere between 900grams to 4kg, usually in the 2-3kg mark. i was trying to buy one from playasia. 29.99, shipping was around 35 to australia shipping out of china.

yeah a controller works fine for people who play fighters casually and initially you are always going to be worse on fightsticks. but if you intend to get any decent at fighters, getting yourself a fightstick and a couple friends is probably the best way to start. yeah you can get decent at it with a controller, but you're wasting your effort away at using a controller thats not suited for fighting games anywhere outside casual play.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online connect problem

Sorry if i posting this in the wrong thread, but i just got my copy today. I put in and installed it on my HD.

Settings:

Install Partions: All
Install 1:1 Copy: No

When try to use the wi-fi is errors,

incident code:61070
Communication error.

i'm using pal 3.1

Does any1 know if the the pal servers up?
Any ideas...?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.Radiant said:
Omocho said:

haha oh wow. there's a reason why tourney players use fightsticks, if controllers were as good or better, there'd be a couple people using 360/ps3 controllers at comps. there's no way in hell you can input on a pad as fast as you can as on a fightstick. the actual stick is much more and accurate responsive than any analog stick. a majority of people tend to get blisters of sorts using a d-pad. it also feels much better using them. yeah the price is often unjustified but you just need to know what to look at, its a lot cheaper to buy a cheap one and replace the parts. but not everyone wants to/is able to replace them (requires a bit of skill in soldering and a bit in circuitry) they so go for the more expensive ones (in the ball park of 70 and up). you can easily build one yourself for $40. granted its going to be a very shitty material. the 100+ ones are going to have a nice weighty plastic/wood case and what you expect out of something that you need to bash around. heck there's people who spend up to 3x on the material used to build that case than the actual electronics/case. you also need to look at shipping the suckers, ones with decent casing can weigh anywhere between 900grams to 4kg, usually in the 2-3kg mark. i was trying to buy one from playasia. 29.99, shipping was around 35 to australia shipping out of china.

yeah a controller works fine for people who play fighters casually and initially you are always going to be worse on fightsticks. but if you intend to get any decent at fighters, getting yourself a fightstick and a couple friends is probably the best way to start. yeah you can get decent at it with a controller, but you're wasting your effort away at using a controller thats not suited for fighting games anywhere outside casual play.

Tourney players tend to be fighter veterans.
Say it with me, people who are used to fight sticks. They may even be kids 'tricked' into using fight sticks because they 'are better'. (AKA, people fooled by other poor fooled saps that say sticks > controllers)

The fact is, fight sticks are not better unless you absolutely suck at a controller. I can do moves with 100% accuracy on the crap wiimote+nunchuck combo, same with a GC controller. I can play equally good on my friends stick (hahaha). But i'd never choose the stick over a controller if I had a choice, because making moves is just that much faster and easier on a thumbstick.

If we think about this from a logical standpoint as well, is it faster to move your entire hand (fight stick), or your thumb (controller)? I'd say 9 times out of 10, and especially in a long tourney, you'd want to just be moving your thumb.
I'm sorry to crap on your fantasy that fight sticks are actually better, but unfortunately they aren't.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People use fight sticks so they can recreate that arcade feel, and people love to feel like they're at the arcade. Not to mention some "old time" veteran fighters used to play fighting games on fighting sticks in the arcades.

Even then, who cares? The point of multiple control schemes is so that anyone can choose what they feel is right. Everyone is better at their own control scheme. That's the point. Fight sticks aren't a "gimmick" or "way to sap people of their cash", it's just a control set-up some people like.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omocho said:
Tourney players tend to be fighter veterans.
Say it with me, people who are used to fight sticks. They may even be kids 'tricked' into using fight sticks because they 'are better'. (AKA, people fooled by other poor fooled saps that say sticks > controllers)

The fact is, fight sticks are not better unless you absolutely suck at a controller. I can do moves with 100% accuracy on the crap wiimote+nunchuck combo, same with a GC controller. I can play equally good on my friends stick (hahaha). But i'd never choose the stick over a controller if I had a choice, because making moves is just that much faster and easier on a thumbstick.

If we think about this from a logical standpoint as well, is it faster to move your entire hand (fight stick), or your thumb (controller)? I'd say 9 times out of 10, and especially in a long tourney, you'd want to just be moving your thumb.
I'm sorry to crap on your fantasy that fight sticks arhttp://gbatemp.net/style_images/2/folder_editor_images/rte-quote-button.pnge actually better, but unfortunately they aren't.

tourney players tend to be vets? uh no. there's plenty of teens(and by teens i mean 14+) entering tourney's Who all use fightsticks.

you have way more control using your entire hand than your thumb. and playing in long tourney's? guess you haven't been to any, depending on the game, they go for 2-3 minutes max and depending on the size(evo anyone?) you'd be playing up to 10 matches in a day. unless you're a fatass it shouldn't affect at you all.
analogs are hardly stiff and are made to go in every direction, they don't have a particular gate as compared to arcade sticks (square or octo), in that fact they feel way better and are much more accurate for fighters. with any fighter, its generally not about how fast you can move your directional input, everyone gets to that same level sooner or later, its about how accurate you can move it at that speed. you don't want to be doing a d, df,f and magically presssing up. or trying a d, f, df and the analog registering d,df,f.

also pressing buttons faster on a controller than a fightstick? its like typing with a single finger compared to using both hands. watch players like daigo or j.wong e.t.c and watch how their hands move. there's no way you could pull that off using a controller. let alone keep up with the speed of some games.

like i said, the controller is the easier to use for casual level of play, heck button layout for games is designed for it to be that way with certain buttons getting macros (ex mode, focus, lp+mp+hp) but at higher levels you do want to be using a fightstick.

when i was first introduced to fightsticks, i hated them with a passion, i couldn't get the hang of them cause i'd been playing fighters so long on the ps1's dpad. eventually i got the hang of them through going to arcades a few times and haven't looked back. the games are designed ultimately for use with fightsticks, not for use with a controller. though TvC leans towards controllers more with only Light medium and heavy attacks.

chA1nBull3t

Trophies
Website
www.kalam1ty.co.cc
XP
Country
United States
It mostly comes down to feel. However, most people tend to sway towards sticks because they tend to be easier in making quick movements (because of hand movements vs. thumb movements).

There are tourney grade sticks out there that are more responsive; however there are tourney grade pads that are just as responsive as well (lolz..pad players *cough*). But it mostly comes down to personal preference.

Last year's EVO, there are a GG2X player who used a PS2 pad and made it to quarterly finals. Sure, he didn't win but he has a pad player.

I personally enjoy using sticks more because they are easier to control for me (as with most other people), but when it comes down to control standards, it's really just a personal preference.

Edit:
just realized Radiant said half of what I just did. lol, maybe I should read his post first. Opps! xD!

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you'll see good pad players at tournies and ranbats, they just don't win alot. even most of the tekken players switched to stick. im a GG/BB player myself and to play those games you need a stick. (even more in games like TvC and Marvel, try trijumps and infinites on a pad...)

but if you prefer a game pad over an arcade stick thats just fine.
wink.gif

EDIT: arcade sticks are also not there to recreate any "retro/arcade feeling", there are even some moves that can't be performed on a pad. (square gate>d-pad)

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just read, Capcom wanted to bring new fighters to TvC, via DLC, but Nintendo got to give the go, first.
That would be just awsome, if DLC comes for TvC, it'll be the first game that uses all online functionality of the wii.

I would love to see at least Phoenix and Ingrid as DLC... And if Capcom won't port StreetFighter IV to the wii, why not adding more StreetFighters to TvC? Would be soo great.

Invalidrobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So after renting this from gamefly I've come to love using Viewtiful Joe & Ken the Eagle.

Sadly I don't really have anyone to go against, and the couple times I tried online I suffered terrible lag. Needless to say I didn't keep it very long, and I have no real interest in buying it right now. I really am tired of trying to play online with the Wii it's just not worth the time, and I truly am spoiled by XBL.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While commercial fightsticks have no inherent benefit over commercial controllers, it's a lot easier to make a custom fightstick than it is to make a custom controller. In fact making a custom controller is a pain in the ass and cost hundreds of dollars messing around in stuff like vacuum forming to create the shell, way more complex PCBs to make the controller insides/buttons and more actual electronics overall.

Because of this you can make a fightstick that fits you perfectly for 100~200 bucks with all sanwa/seimetsu parts, but you can't make a controller for under 200 even if you're lucky.

I speak from personal experience trying to find people who have made their own controllers (very VERY few) and their techniques for doing so (most of them ended very poorly like the 'one handed xbox 360 controller). There are very few to begin with.

It was never about fightsticks vs controllers to begin with, it's player vs player and in the end no matter what it comes down to skill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o