Hacking Tatsunoko vs. Capcom music hack

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joshwraith said:
I don´t like the original USA music for "Orbital Ring", I would like to have a cool music for this stage like the one used in wasteland on USA version cause the actual music sucks a lot...

I used the 2nd pack and everything works fine, but the select character screen sounds weird...I don´t know how to describe it!

I'm going to switch it to Roll's theme in English.

As for the character select screen, it sounds fine to me so it will stay.

DJPlace said:
i thought of something can this ever be played online?

Yes, I've tested it and it works the exact same.

QUOTE(Eerpow @ Jan 30 2010, 11:44 AM)
Can you keep the Daigo Temple Cherry Blossom and Daigo Temple Moonlight music, please?

No, but if you want to keep the original I'll post a tutorial on how to add your own music tomorrow.

smk2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does the pack in the OP work or does it have all of the fuzzy problems I've been reading?

I want the JPN version of Roll's theme on a stage btw.

Another thing, wouldn't Karas's theme better suit the Orbital Cargo Bay? It's rather dark and evil looking... idk.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smk2 said:
So does the pack in the OP work or does it have all of the fuzzy problems I've been reading?

I want the JPN version of Roll's theme on a stage btw.

No, the fuzzy glitches are gone. They're not that bad anyway, and this hack is reversible.

Like I said in the last post, I'll post on how to add custom music, just not now, I'm not taking requests.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Joshwraith said:
I don´t like the original USA music for "Orbital Ring", I would like to have a cool music for this stage like the one used in wasteland on USA version cause the actual music sucks a lot...

I used the 2nd pack and everything works fine, but the select character screen sounds weird...I don´t know how to describe it!

DJPlace said:

Can you keep the Daigo Temple Cherry Blossom and Daigo Temple Moonlight music, please?

No, but if you want to keep the original I'll post a tutorial on how to add your own music tomorrow.

thanks. also is this gong be able to download yet? i mean the roll english music on it? cause i download your one piece thing on your youtube page... are you going make a youtube video for this to preview it? let me know.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Joshwraith said:

DJPlace said:

thanks. also is this gong be able to download yet? i mean the roll english music on it? cause i download your one piece thing on your youtube page... are you going make a youtube video for this to preview it? let me know.

I don't have a capture device, but I may just be a cheap ass and reupload the opening and put the links there. I should have a new new pack in about 15 hours (It's night here). I also figured out I broke the ending credits which needs to be fixed too
unsure.gif

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, for those with a high hacking skill, it would be great if you could release a patch so that the steps aren't as complicated (With a reverse) once I'm done. It would also be nice if I knew how to patch something without inflating the patch to the size of the iso. Another thing that would be nice is if someone could hack the game to play the ending movies after the slideshows. If you can that is...

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Also, for those with a high hacking skill, it would be great if you could release a patch so that the steps aren't as complicated (With a reverse) once I'm done. It would also be nice if I knew how to patch something without inflating the patch to the size of the iso. Another thing that would be nice is if someone could hack the game to play the ending movies after the slideshows. If you can that is...

Wait for Riivolution, it might be exactly what you're looking for. In the meantime, sure, WiiScrubber will work.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Tonitonichopchop said:

Wait for Riivolution, it might be exactly what you're looking for. In the meantime, sure, WiiScrubber will work.

Yeah, but what about our pirates out there? I'm sure someone will find a way to use it with iso's so I'll go ahead with that once Riivolution is released.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little update for you all, I can confirm the Japanese opening is unable to be used instead of the US intro to my knowledge. I'm going to upload a tutorial on how to change it, and the best part is is that you download ZERO files to do this.

Edit: And sorry about the file pack. Here is what the final changes will be:

The training stage music will go back to normal (For the US version)
The credit music will be fixed
The wasteland music will go back to normal unless a suitable replacement is suggested

The tutorial to choose which song for a certain stage will hopefully be up by tommorrow, but I will warn you that you should keep a backup of the original sound files for the US and Japanese versions before attempting this.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put together a patch EXE for the first sound pack. I'll do the same for future releases. By the way, I recommend using Trucha Signer instead of Wii Scrubber and Partition Builder. Less work.

EDIT: I'll post a download in a little bit.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vashgs said:
I put together a patch EXE for the first sound pack. I'll do the same for future releases. By the way, I recommend using Trucha Signer instead of Wii Scrubber and Partition Builder. Less work.

EDIT: I'll post a download in a little bit.

I've tried trucha signer. I haven't had good experience with it (I get it to work, but it doesn't do what I want). If you get it to work and it's easier for you I'll post it as an alternate tutorial (Since getting the Common key is a pain and not allowed here).

And wait for the patch. After I've thouroughly checked the game for sound errors I'll let you know it's ok.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Some changes that could be useful:

Wasteland ----> s_bgm_07.ssd: Ippatsuman's Theme (works well, little noise at first time but later is all ok).
Orbial Ring Systems Cargo Bay --> s_bgm_03.ssd: Tekkaman's Theme (excelent for this stage, without fuzzy)
Willamette Parkview Mall ---> Unchanged (can be unchanged or Roll's Theme English , s_bgm_19.ssd US).
Training Stage ---> s_bgm_24.ssd US Version (not the Japanese one, works REALLY well
biggrin.gif
)

Biskmatar100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have been at this for about 3 hours now and...nothing. I've done everything the guide told me up to the partition builder part, and for some reason, when I try to load the new partition, it turns the original partition to [BAD]. Can someone tell me what happened? I really want to try this out. :l

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try swapping the intro? It doesn't but from config usb loader for me. I'm going to do a second test, so until then I would advise you not to follow my tutorial unless you want to see if it works for you.

Biskmatar100 said:
Alright, I have been at this for about 3 hours now and...nothing. I've done everything the guide told me up to the partition builder part, and for some reason, when I try to load the new partition, it turns the original partition to [BAD]. Can someone tell me what happened? I really want to try this out. :l

Make sure you have the appropriate files in the appropriate slots. Here's a pic of what should be where:
partitonbuildersetup.jpg

Remember that the source file directory is a folder NOT THE ISO.

FSLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since someone earlier posted that texture hacks are possible, any way to change the character portraits and stuff pre battle?
The US got some REALLY nice new art, but they aren't used in-game aside from the intro, and it's disappointing.

For example: http://tatsunoko.vscapcom.com/ Main page, different art that the one used in-game (still the old art from CGoH)

Secondly hopefully this game will get a nice hacking scene so we can get nifty stuff like SD Music/Texture loader codes like Brawl did.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FSLink said:
Since someone earlier posted that texture hacks are possible, any way to change the character portraits and stuff pre battle?
The US got some REALLY nice new art, but they aren't used in-game aside from the intro, and it's disappointing.

For example: http://tatsunoko.vscapcom.com/ Main page, different art that the one used in-game (still the old art from CGoH)

Secondly hopefully this game will get a nice hacking scene so we can get nifty stuff like SD Music/Texture loader codes like Brawl did.

If we can get some hacking gurus behind this (I am not one of them sorry to say) I can see that. I think this game is deserving of brawls hacking treatment since it is a game I can see myself playing in 5-10 years.

On another note, I'm releasing what will hopefully be my final sound pack. I'm working on it now and hope to start the upload in an hour, and it will be in the new video (From the link in my tutorial).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs