Ok, i figured now how this whole things works and why is a fuzzy music in the swapped ones:
* TvC uses sound music with .ssd format.
* This format NEEDS a bgm.srt to work.
* bgm.srt are different between CGoH and UAS.
* If we uses one of this bgm.srt, the other foreign musics will be fuzzy automatically.
The thing is, to work 100%, we need ALL JAP music to make sure that all works fine, AND the bgm.srt of CGoH.
And, the only problem, is that 2 songs will be fuzzy (Dead Rising and Tekkaman Blade Stage).
I think that will be better if we change the Tekkaman Blade music with the Tekkaman's Theme song.
About Dead Rising stage, will be better to change to another (because the song itself isn't from Dead Rising, is only a "generic mall music").
nice i just wish the new peeps had there own music and i wish roll's music of the japan would be in the mall or the other new stage but nice job i'm going check this out. also for the LOL you should be the genie's theme in one of the stages.
Ok, i figured now how this whole things works and why is a fuzzy music in the swapped ones:
* TvC uses sound music with .ssd format.
* This format NEEDS a bgm.srt to work.
* bgm.srt are different between CGoH and UAS.
* If we uses one of this bgm.srt, the other foreign musics will be fuzzy automatically.
The thing is, to work 100%, we need ALL JAP music to make sure that all works fine, AND the bgm.srt of CGoH.
And, the only problem, is that 2 songs will be fuzzy (Dead Rising and Tekkaman Blade Stage).
I think that will be better if we change the Tekkaman Blade music with the Tekkaman's Theme song.
About Dead Rising stage, will be better to change to another (because the song itself isn't from Dead Rising, is only a "generic mall music").
nice i just wish the new peeps had there own music and i wish roll's music of the japan would be in the mall or the other new stage but nice job i'm going check this out. also for the LOL you should be the genie's theme in one of the stages.
nice i just wish the new peeps had there own music and i wish roll's music of the japan would be in the mall or the other new stage but nice job i'm going check this out. also for the LOL you should be the genie's theme in one of the stages.
I'm gonna post a file map I'll use in a bit. Since I changed what was what I'll need to make sure I don't make a mistake. I noticed the fuzziness now. It isn't bad, but I'll try to do what you said and fix it. The file will be in the same video when I'm done (If it works).
I don't think replacing the .srt file will work. I just checked and what it does is probably direct which sound plays where. The fuzziness is minimal so we'll have to live with it.
The fuzziness is in some musics (FEW, NONE, A LOT):
- stage_01.ssd: Wasteland ----> s_bgm_02.ssd: Casshan's Theme A LOT
- stage_02.ssd: Yatterman's Workshop ---> s_bgm_05.ssd: Yatterman-1's Theme FEW
- stage_03.ssd: Washinkyo, Amehon ----> s_bgm_17.ssd: Viewtiful Joe's Theme NONE
- stage_04.ssd: Galactor Base ---> s_bgm_01.ssd: Ken the Eagle's Theme (Gatchaman I) VERY FEW (nearly NONE)
- stage_05.ssd: Burning Wasteland ---> s_bgm_11.ssd: Gold Lightan's Theme NONE
- stage_06.ssd: Les Vagas ---> s_bgm_10.ssd: Karas's Theme NONE
- stage_07.ssd: Daigo Temple (Cherry Blossoms) ---> s_bgm_21.ssd: Kajin no Soki's Theme FEW
- stage_08.ssd: Gesellshaft (Clear Skies) ---> s_bgm_18.ssd: Megaman Volnutt's Theme NONE
- stage_09.ssd: Aensland Castle ---> s_bgm_15.ssd: Morrigan's Theme A LOT
- stage_10.ssd: Uncharted Region of China ---> s_bgm_13.ssd: Chun-Li's Theme A LOT
- stage_11.ssd: Daigo Temple (moonlight) ---> s_bgm_12.ssd: Ryu's Theme FEW
- stage_12.ssd: Gesellshaft (storm) ---> s_bgm_23.ssd: PTX-40A's Theme NONE
- stage_13.ssd: Orbial Ring Systems Cargo Bay --> s_bgm_03.ssd: Tekkaman's Theme NONE (this i put recently)
- stage_14.ssd: Willamette Parkview Mall NONE
- stage_17.ssd: Training Stage ---> s_bgm_24.ssd JP Select Character Screen FEW
The problem are with stage 1, 9 and 10.
Stage 1 can be fixed with another theme, like Polimar's Theme.
Stage 9 isn't so easy to be replaced, because the main theme here is from Chun-Li, but, if we replace, it can be with Batsu's Theme.
Stage 10 cannot be replaced, because the stage is from Darkstalkers.
Other thing that i'm thinking is about edit .srt file, but the problem is how and if exist a tool to do that.
The fuzziness is in some musics (FEW, NONE, A LOT):
- stage_01.ssd: Wasteland ----> s_bgm_02.ssd: Casshan's Theme A LOT
- stage_02.ssd: Yatterman's Workshop ---> s_bgm_05.ssd: Yatterman-1's Theme FEW
- stage_03.ssd: Washinkyo, Amehon ----> s_bgm_17.ssd: Viewtiful Joe's Theme NONE
- stage_04.ssd: Galactor Base ---> s_bgm_01.ssd: Ken the Eagle's Theme (Gatchaman I) VERY FEW (nearly NONE)
- stage_05.ssd: Burning Wasteland ---> s_bgm_11.ssd: Gold Lightan's Theme NONE
- stage_06.ssd: Les Vagas ---> s_bgm_10.ssd: Karas's Theme NONE
- stage_07.ssd: Daigo Temple (Cherry Blossoms) ---> s_bgm_21.ssd: Kajin no Soki's Theme FEW
- stage_08.ssd: Gesellshaft (Clear Skies) ---> s_bgm_18.ssd: Megaman Volnutt's Theme NONE
- stage_09.ssd: Aensland Castle ---> s_bgm_15.ssd: Morrigan's Theme A LOT
- stage_10.ssd: Uncharted Region of China ---> s_bgm_13.ssd: Chun-Li's Theme A LOT
- stage_11.ssd: Daigo Temple (moonlight) ---> s_bgm_12.ssd: Ryu's Theme FEW
- stage_12.ssd: Gesellshaft (storm) ---> s_bgm_23.ssd: PTX-40A's Theme NONE
- stage_13.ssd: Orbial Ring Systems Cargo Bay --> s_bgm_03.ssd: Tekkaman's Theme NONE (this i put recently)
- stage_14.ssd: Willamette Parkview Mall NONE
- stage_17.ssd: Training Stage ---> s_bgm_24.ssd JP Select Character Screen FEW
The problem are with stage 1, 9 and 10.
Stage 1 can be fixed with another theme, like Polimar's Theme.
Stage 9 can be with Ryu Stage and Daigo Temple (moonlight) with another.
Stage 10 cannot be replaced, because the stage is from Darkstalkers.
Other thing that i'm thinking is about edit .srt file, but the problem is how and if exist a tool to do that.
Some corrections:
- Stage 10 can be with Batsu's Theme.
- Stage 9 can be NONE or the USA version (meanwhile will be fix the fuzziness problem).
- Training Stage: Use a copy of the s_bgm_24.ssd from the USA version.
Well, that's not the proper thread I guess, but I don't want to open a new TvC UAS hacking thread.
Not only the Music, but also other stuff can be modded in the game. For example texture hacks and stuff like that...
When you check out the disc you can find fpk files on it. As you might now, fpk is a container file somehow like an arc, but with a sort of PRS compression.
tbu from the game research forum wrote an extractor for those
@WiiShizzza, good stuff.
I want to ask you, if you know more about .SSD and .SRT?
We know that the music stages must NEED a .SRT to work, using the JAP version of bgm.srt makes no music in stages.
If exist a way to edit a .srt or convert mp3 to .ssd and .srt format, will be awesome.
Well, that's not the proper thread I guess, but I don't want to open a new TvC UAS hacking thread.
Not only the Music, but also other stuff can be modded in the game. For example texture hacks and stuff like that...
When you check out the disc you can find fpk files on it. As you might now, fpk is a container file somehow like an arc, but with a sort of PRS compression.
tbu from the game research forum wrote an extractor for those
true ?
I thought the jap version got animated endings... I read it somewhere... too bad...
I'm at texture hacking Ryu to Jin Kazama atm. ^^
TyRaNtM said:
@WiiShizzza, good stuff.
I want to ask you, if you know more about .SSD and .SRT?
We know that the music stages must NEED a .SRT to work, using the JAP version of bgm.srt makes no music in stages.
If exist a way to edit a .srt or convert mp3 to .ssd and .srt format, will be awesome.
Sorry, I'm only in textures not in sound... but I will see what I can do.
I think there are no .SSD or .SRT tools available, yet. Same as an .fpk packer.
Simply hope one code guru some time come up with some tools...
Japanese version has both (You watch the slide show first and then the cutscene). You'd have to rewrite the code to play the thp file after, something that I don't think can be easily done.
Okay, the training stage music is a little fuzzy but not bad. I might change it back to normal later. The other two work perfectly. Btw, the pack is done, use the same steps as before.
Japanese version has both (You watch the slide show first and then the cutscene). You'd have to rewrite the code to play the thp file after, something that I don't think can be easily done.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...