Country
QUOTE said:
[What's New 2.0.5 - October 19, 2008]
* Sound bug fixed - thanks eke-eke!
* High quality sound enabled, lowpass filter enabled
* Video threading enabled
* Fixed timing error (incorrect opcode)

supposedly this has better sound, ive just checked, and does it hell*
its worse, i checked with the app, i also injected the new update to my channel for nothing lol, deleted it now though.
Im certainly sticking with 2.0.4 till he sorts it out...

The sounds completely muffled on 2.0.5

Check it out yourself...

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These ongoing sound issues aren't even a big deal, go back to the loader menu and back to the game and it's fixed.

You don't even need to reload the game, just hit home, click back to game and it's fine until the next time it happens.

Remember, It's free and tantric has been doing his best to find the issue and is coming up dry and offers the source to anyone who believes they can help.

Just putting that out there.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
we know that, Tantric is amazing, i was just pointing out this update wasn't really necessary. never mind hope his emulators can only get better. they're already amazing at this stage anyway, there's not really anything else to be added to them.

Just double checked, no matter what rom or anything you choose, settings aswell, restarting the emulator, the sound is bad, 2.0.4 is the best perfect sound and stable!

smile.gif

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asides from the sound issue, was the mother 3 issue fixed? I thought I saw a post some where saying it would be fixed in the next version...I just am not sure if this is the next version...

EdIT- Geez I'm dumb.

Drift Monkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
Asides from the sound issue, was the mother 3 issue fixed? I thought I saw a post some where saying it would be fixed in the next version...I just am not sure if this is the next version...
This is the NES emulator, not the GBA emulator.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
we know that, Tantric is amazing, i was just pointing out this update wasn't really necessary. never mind hope his emulators can only get better. they're already amazing at this stage anyway, there's not really anything else to be added to them.

Just double checked, no matter what rom or anything you choose, settings aswell, restarting the emulator, the sound is bad, 2.0.4 is the best perfect sound and stable!

smile.gif

Oh my comment wasn't directed at you negatively, just for anyone having the bug pop up in the previous build how to get around it, and mentioning to anyone else that he welcomes all programming input so it isn't like he doesn't recognize issues, that he even welcomes anyone else helping him try to fix them.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
very true, cheers, just was pointing out to everyone, stay with 2.04 for now, as 2.0.5 has terrible sound, shame like. mind you ive played with fceu for a good while, loading and saving and it doesn't crash, with master system it crashes after so many loading and saving like say .....5 it eventually goes to half the screen, and when you click home for menu, wont allow restart system.. never mind, its a nice emu.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
ok Dutchman, always like to hear of new releases of emulators like, i feel a bit of a divvy pointing out about problems with some of the updates, as i couldn't code for sh*t, but never mind, hope they can always get better.

The sound can be differed if you change your t.v. to mono instead of stereo, if your having sound issues try that, il keep to 2.0.4 i don't have issues with that.

QUOTE said:
Has anyone tried this yet? On my wii it sounds worse than the previous versions, as if you're playing the game with broken speakers(I guess you could say the sound is saturated). TRY MONO on T.V.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Tantric has released 2.0.6 and yeh its fixed the SOUND!!! be happy all
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Tantric has released a third version of his continued port of FCE Ultra GX a NES emulator for both the Nintendo Wii and GameCube. This new version addresses some sound issues from the last version and fixes compatibility with the Qoob Pro chip on GameCube consoles.

What's New?

Quote:
[What's New 2.0.6 - October 21, 2008]
* Right audio channel corruption fixed (thanks cyberdog!)
* Low pass audio filter turned off (muffles audio)
* Changed to alternate audio filter
* PAL Timing corrected
* Cheesy/2X video filters fixed
* Qoob Pro modchip support for GameCube (thanks emukidid!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...