Tales of the Abyss 3DS Gameplay Trailer

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tales-of-the-abyss-3ds.jpg

Last month during Comic-Con 2011 Namco Bandai released the first localized screenshots for the game. This week is the annual Gamescom convention and Namco Bandai has released two new trailers for the game.

Tales of the Abyss was originally released on the PS2 on December 15, 2005 and was localized in North America on October 10, 2006. The game was regarded as an improvement over Tales of Symphonia, extending that game's multi-line battle system into a battle system which allows players to freely move about the field in battle.

Both trailers are gameplay-focused and are localized unlike the Comic-Con trailer which was taken from the Japanese version of the game.

Tales of the Abyss for the Nintendo 3DS released last month in Japan. Europe will be getting the game on November 10 but as of right now North America still has a TBA 2011 release date according to the latest fact sheets released by the company.[/p]

[youtube]xfYGjNP2sU8[/youtube]​
[youtube]BXBb-Rn4JlA[/youtube]​

icon11.gif
Source

Watch in fullscreen and in 720p.
happy.gif

Otherwise it'll be really blurry
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

Well it's a good thing the videos say "Coming 2011" rather than GameStop's "Feb. 7th, 2012". Now give us a freaking release date Namco :|

(NGL, I'm hoping they do a Oct 10 2011 just like Oct 10 2006 XD But I don't know if games are really out on a Monday)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Amiti said:
Well it's a good thing the videos say "Coming 2011" rather than GameStop's "Feb. 7th, 2012". Now give us a freaking release date Namco :|

(NGL, I'm hoping they do a Oct 10 2011 just like Oct 10 2006 XD But I don't know if games are really out on a Monday)

They come out on tuesday in North America and friday in Europe. There are a few exceptions to this, like Nintendo releasing their first party games on sunday.

D

Deleted User

Giga_Gaia said:
Amiti said:

They come out on tuesday in North America and friday in Europe. There are a few exceptions to this, like Nintendo releasing their first party games on sunday.
Thanks for the clear up. I had a feeling it was Tuesday. (I remember Pokemon B/W was Sunday)

10/11/11 is neat. Come on
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

relminator said:
So how different is this from the PS2 version? I do have the Ps2 version.
To be honest, nothing.

The Japanese 3DS version got the NA's extra content that wasn't on the PS2. But really as far as I know, NA's 3DS of Abyss is a direct port of the NA's PS2. The loading times are probably not as bad now on the 3DS. And you use the touch screen for shortcuts in battle. But yeah, that's all. In Nintendo Power they said that Namco America didn't voice the skits either.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I dont think i will be able to play this. Having watched the anime AND played a undub version on my PS2, i dont think i can handle the poor voice coming at me. But i will surely buy it just to support them though! Cant wait for Xillia and Graces. Hopefully since their on PS3, japanese voices is included.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I've never played anything in the series but my fellow tempers seem to like it so it couldn't hurt to get it when I can
happy.gif

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Tales of Innocence battle confuses me a lot actually, so most of the time i just beat the living crap out of the default targeted baddie and then move on to the next. would be awesome to actually learn how to interrupt/intercept enemies though. i'm not too hyped for this one, but i have to admit, it looks great.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
ferofax said:
Tales of Innocence battle confuses me a lot actually, so most of the time i just beat the living crap out of the default targeted baddie and then move on to the next. would be awesome to actually learn how to interrupt/intercept enemies though. i'm not too hyped for this one, but i have to admit, it looks great.
You simply hold ur L trigger to change targets with your D-Pad lol. You can interupt others spellcasting by attacking them. Some like bosses have immunity. Always been like that through all the games. You have attack, guard, jump and arte. Then the change target and inspect target.
And guarding works against arte and everything. If you feel like you get hit too much then you simply suck at guarding or dodging. Backstep is usually used to dodge aoe attacks because when you guard you lose health.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: