Hacking Tales of Graces English Patch?

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been googling and youtubing and seeing alot of partial patches floating around. Anyone know the current status of this patch?

TiWill14

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- The complete English Patch of the game is halted, due to the official localisation of the game (Tales of Graces f), as you can see here : http://talesofgraces.com/ ;
- The partial Menu Patch (http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84338) was stopped because the English Patch above was in the work, and also because the PS3 game was released ;
- A Spanish team is working currently on a complete patch in Spanish, but it is mostly on the piracy side.

If you have a PS3, just buy the game and support Namco for future localizations of the Tales series. That's all I can say.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe someone will eventually move the English text from the English PS3 cpk file to the JPN Wii cpk file?
Something similar did happen with YS 6 and Akumajo Dracula Chi no Rondo (PC Engine Castlevania)
So it's definitely possible (google for PS ToG Undub to get the tools to open the cpk file, and the menu patch was pulled off with just hex-editing).

I don't understand how the Spanish patch is more "illegal" than regular (not the above) fan-translations; They are going for a re-translation plus dual language, NOT using the PS3 localization script.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't really foresee myself buying a PS3 just to play this one game. If someone with the know how can pull the files from the ps3 game and put them on the wii game, that'd be great...

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
You're better off just buying a PS3 since Tales of Xillia is also coming (and probably Xillia 2) which are both apparently the best Tales games in the entire series.

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The ps3 version has an extended storyline that really ties things up a lot better than the wii version does anyway, so I'd highly recommend just going with that someday down the road when ps3s are phased out and dirt cheap, since a full translation will probably never come to be.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
The extended storyline isn't really an argument to choose the PS3 version over the Wii version since it feels so... tackled on (it is even a separate game mode in the menu) aside from making a certain character (who leaves for plot relevant reason for most of the main arc) playable for more time and confirming a pairing that was hinted anyways in the Wii version FMV ending cutscene. I mean really, an additional dungeon with the final boss battle plot devices from the main arc repeated all over again? It's nowhere near the Vesperia PS3 additions, maybe 1/8th of the main arc Wii additions.

I'd rather choose the PS3 version since it improves some design choices (EXP!), and ... for the DLC costumes maybe?
But the Wii game (the bugfixed version, that is) is a beast in its own right. It's one of the best games in the Wii library, that's for sure.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Why? They've gotten better reviews and they've also sold more than any other Tales game. I'll reserve judgment until I actually play them but from what I've seen they certainly seem like they are up there at least.

Plus Tales of Symphonia is also getting a PS3 remaster.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plus Tales of Symphonia is also getting a PS3 remaster.

It is not, developer just deny it from coming out.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/27/tales-of-symphonia-perfect-edition-rumor-refuted-by-series-prod/

Well I don't really foresee myself buying a PS3 just to play this one game. If someone with the know how can pull the files from the ps3 game and put them on the wii game, that'd be great...
Beside Tales series there is also a lot of RPG games from PS3 you are missing out. RPG fan should not miss out on PS3.

You really ought to get a PS3, not only for Tales of Graces F (extended story really ties up the loose end in Wii version and adds about 50% more gameplay time), but also for other good games such as Valkyria Chronicles etc.

Emiya Shiro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
If someone will have any info on English version for the Wii, send me a Private Massage, I wish someone will make Wii version in English, I might have PS3 eventually one day (or I might not, it all depends) but until that time comes a lot of years will pass (and I am not saying like 2 year, probably 4~5 but I really don't have and don't see any reason to buy PS3 looking at it's game library that interests me...) and I would like to play this on my Wii before that.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
but I really don't have and don't see any reason to buy PS3 looking at it's game library that interests me
So let me get this straight. On one hand you say you want to play Tales of Graces on the Wii because the PS3 doesn't have any interesting games and on the other hand you fail to realize that the PS3 has Tales of Graces F, Tales of Xilia and soon Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Xilia 2, the games you actually want to play. You seem to be quite an ignoramus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1