Feedback What Exactly Is A Dol File?

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to understand more about these files. I remember Tales of Graces had an english menu patch in a form of a dol file and seeing that Usb Loader Gx is capable of loading dol files while running a game. Would it be possible to make a dol file that can make a classic controller emulate a wiimote plus nunchuck controller?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would like to understand more about these files. I remember Tales of Graces had an english menu patch in a form of a dol file and seeing that Usb Loader Gx is capable of loading dol files while running a game. Would it be possible to make a dol file that can make a classic controller emulate a wiimote plus nunchuck controller?
.dol is the executable format on the GameCube and Wii. Think .exe on Windows.

Controllers are handled by IOS, so not exactly. It wouldn't be emulation, as you'd be modifying the input code of the game directly, it would be native support, but it would require game specific patches doing it this way. Controller emulation through IOS, like Fakemote, would be more universal.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.dol is the executable format on the GameCube and Wii. Think .exe on Windows.

Controllers are handled by IOS, so not exactly. It wouldn't be emulation, as you'd be modifying the input code of the game directly, it would be native support, but it would require game specific patches doing it this way. Controller emulation through IOS, like Fakemote, would be more universal.
I would of used fakemote if it had classic controller support.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There exists a emulation from wiimote/nunchuck to classic controller. But you have to own a WiiU because its a Wii VC injection. It also available for other games but needed to check on your own super-mario-galaxy-2-using-the-wii-u-gamepad

You can use UWUVC Injector to create a Wii VC with Classic Controller Emulation. But a Wiimote/Nunchuck cant be used anymore. Compatibility list for Wii VC wich also shows CC Support. There exists also Tutorial.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: