Hacking System update 4.05 on a new PS4 Slim, and installing and updating Bloodborne

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I don't yet have a PS4 so I'm kind of in the dark about the console - I'm planning to buy a PS4 Slim with firmware 3.55 (I know where to get one)

My main use for it will be playing Bloodborne, getting the PT (Silent Hills) demo running and buying any other games that I fancy.

If I install my disc containing Bloodborne "Game of The Year Edition" I'll need to let the system go online to download the Bloodborne update (this will take it to version 1.09) - I will of course first disable automatic updates of the system sofware.

But if I do this will I still get update nags even if I then disable the network connection?

So my plan is:

a) Install Bloodborne
b) Enable network connection and let Bloodborne update
c) Disable network connection
d) Install 4.05

I just don't want annoying system update nags. Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

puppydg68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, if you are running original bloodbourne you can probably download the update packages and install them manually if you are going to jailbreak your 4.05, which would be safer than going online. Once you go online the system update may still download and sit nagging you to install it. You can on a jailbroken system ftp in and delete that update file, but it would take more effort.
Bloodbourne is ID: CUSA-00900 look it up on https://www.orbismodding.com/

you just want to make sure that the latest patch for GOTY edition doesn't require a higher firmware than 4.05.

PT is no problem.

Buying other games you fancy - you will not be able to play any games that required higher than firmware 4.05, this is where I'm stuck. I bought a few games like Horizon Zero Dawn which requires 4.06, even though its legit you can not play it on 4.05 currently, it will try to force you to update to the firmware stored on the disc. So you'll still be stuck with games you like that are 1 year old.

But yes, what you are proposing should work, but its possible you will get a nag, I think downloading the updates manually is the way to go.

Reactions: WadsRUs

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a lot for the clear and concise answer. :)

I'll do as you suggest.

I assume that all games have firmware updates which are forced installations if the existing PS4's firmware is a lower version?

Edit: also how do I manually install game update packages? Bloodborne for example - I guess I install the game from the original disc that I purchased then install the update package from the PKG Finder site via a USB stick, but is this process automatic or do I need to install something else first?

Last edited by WadsRUs,

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You cannot do an online update for a game unless you first update the PS4 to 5.03 as you cannot login. the PS3 would bypass the Sony login and update games the PS4 will not.

You should be able to update by downloading the PKG files but you might have to patch them if they won't install.

Last edited by MadBob,
Reactions: WadsRUs and THYPLEX

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, I see, didn't realise that. So how do I install any downloaded package files to update my purchased version of Bloodborne?

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the struggle might be with split files, I tried updating Steep, this simply wouldn't work (and anyway it is pointless as it then needs 5.01 to run) I am slooowllly downloading the update to Uncharted collection as it is >1GB and will test this as a single file (Bloodborne is 8.7GB).

You use the PS4 exploit to bring the debug menu up and then install through Debug/Games, I got the PT demo installed and running but have struggled with updates for my own game discs.

As soon as you go online you will start getting update nags, then install nags. I deleted the PUP file over FTP (after blocking the sony servers) to stop the nagging.

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just updated Uncharted Collection and played it from a save, maybe the DL before was corrupt or split files/version needed was the issue. YMMV :)

This Ps4 has never been logged in to Sony.

Last edited by MadBob,

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to resurrect this thread, I now have a PS4 with 3.55 fw and have updated it to 4.05

Do I need to install/activate the 4.05 exploit in order to install the PKG files to update Bloodborne to 1.09 or is there a way to update to 1.09 without going online but updaing from, for example, files copied to a USB stick?

D

Deleted User

You would have to check what game update works with all the dlc and if that game update of bloodborne is compatible with 4.05.

Last edited by ,

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to run the 4.05 exploit to get the debug menu for installing pkgs, once you have that, you can install official update PKGs from Orbismodding.com for your legit games. My PS4 is not activated, no PSN account tied, and updated Bloodborne without issues.

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bloodborne version 1.09 will definitely work with firmware 4.05 as it was released before that firmware version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need to run the 4.05 exploit to get the debug menu for installing pkgs, once you have that, you can install official update PKGs from Orbismodding.com for your legit games. My PS4 is not activated, no PSN account tied, and updated Bloodborne without issues.

Noted, thanks.

Out of interest, once I do that will I still need to have the Bloodborne disc inserted all of the time?

Last edited by WadsRUs,

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You will currently still need the disc, cannot wait until I can install ISOs on external drive and then take my PS4 wth me when working away, currently a pain to choose which game discs to leave behind.

WadsRUs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to be making progress and have now installed and activated the Debug Settings. However, the Debug Settings option doesn't survice a power cylcle, should it? I had assumed that once I had injected the Debug Settings payload that it would be retained, but I guess not - or am I doing something wrong?

And on another matter - I can download the PKG files for Bloodborne 1.09 to my PC but am I then supposed to copy them to a USB stick and install them onto the PS4 from there? I ask as apparently the stick needs to be formatted as FAT32 for the PS4 but two of the PKG files are over 4GB in size which means that it's too large to copy to a FAT32 formatted device.

Or do I download the PKG files directly to the PS4 via the now activated web browser?

D

Deleted User

I seem to be making progress and have now installed and activated the Debug Settings. However, the Debug Settings option doesn't survice a power cylcle, should it? I had assumed that once I had injected the Debug Settings payload that it would be retained, but I guess not - or am I doing something wrong?

And on another matter - I can download the PKG files for Bloodborne 1.09 to my PC but am I then supposed to copy them to a USB stick and install them onto the PS4 from there? I ask as apparently the stick needs to be formatted as FAT32 for the PS4 but two of the PKG files are over 4GB in size which means that it's too large to copy to a FAT32 formatted device.

Or do I download the PKG files directly to the PS4 via the now activated web browser?

no cfw the hack is not persistent yet

Yay. Go to al azif git hub and download his latest version of local host.

You install the bigger pkg via exfat. copy to root

Tons of great info on my channel just youtube/seanp2500

updates can be decrypted then repackaged with a game

Just updated Uncharted Collection and played it from a save, maybe the DL before was corrupt or split files/version needed was the issue. YMMV :)

This Ps4 has never been logged in to Sony.

that does not matter as I thankfully figured out for us all in my series pkg install on my channel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...