Update PS4 game on PS5?

solitaire4eva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been dying to try out the Bloodborne 60FPS Patch but it seems its only for version 1.09 of the game. I have the actually disc and was trying to figure out how to update the game without updating my Firmware to connect to Sony. I have found the files for the official updates and still can't install them. My current firmware is 3.20 so I can't even install the fpkg yet (but I feel it is coming soon!).

Can anyone help me?

yuu.hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
U need to convert them to fpkg & backport them. maybe need to ask cyb1k or opoisso how to do that bcause they have the knowledge how to backport things. Although i dont think they will take request. It will come when it will

Reactions: solitaire4eva

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U need to convert them to fpkg & backport them. maybe need to ask cyb1k or opoisso how to do that bcause they have the knowledge how to backport things. Although i dont think they will take request. It will come when it will
Why would Bloodborne need to be backported? It's old as dirt. Probably worked on 5.05 for the PS4. Update 1.09 came out 8 years ago.

But you're also right, OP if your PS5 is on 4.03 you can run PS4 backups (this firmware only) and you would need the FPKG of the original game + 1.09 update FPKG. Since you're not on 4.03 you can't play a backup update either, but you do have the option of updating to 4.03. Update 1.09 FPKG is out there, I have it on my 9.0 PS4.

The official updates does NOT include a 60 fps patch! That was done by hacking community. There is no official 60 fps available for the original Bloodborne. You need a hacked 1.09 update that includes the 60 fps patch which you can't play on your firmware.
Post automatically merged:

I just found something I didn't know maybe you could check into it, this says firmwares 3.00-4.51 there's a way to patch Bloodborne to 60 fps.

https://wololo.net/2023/08/07/bloodborne-running-at-60fps-on-ps5-thanks-to-unofficial-mod/

Last edited by Jayinem,

solitaire4eva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would Bloodborne need to be backported? It's old as dirt. Probably worked on 5.05 for the PS4. Update 1.09 came out 8 years ago.

But you're also right, OP if your PS5 is on 4.03 you can run PS4 backups (this firmware only) and you would need the FPKG of the original game + 1.09 update FPKG. Since you're not on 4.03 you can't play a backup update either, but you do have the option of updating to 4.03. Update 1.09 FPKG is out there, I have it on my 9.0 PS4.

The official updates does NOT include a 60 fps patch! That was done by hacking community. There is no official 60 fps available for the original Bloodborne. You need a hacked 1.09 update that includes the 60 fps patch which you can't play on your firmware.
Post automatically merged:

I just found something I didn't know maybe you could check into it, this says firmwares 3.00-4.51 there's a way to patch Bloodborne to 60 fps.

https://wololo.net/2023/08/07/bloodborne-running-at-60fps-on-ps5-thanks-to-unofficial-mod/

Ahhhh that looks awesome!

solitaire4eva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay had to remove the DNS settings and was able to update the game without updating the firmware. I was worried I would have to update the firmware to update the game first!

Newhouse-Estates

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am able to use the 60 FPS patch with the game version being at 1.09 with no problem.
Only one thing is since it is patched, the game won't start until I load it with libhijacker every time.
Yeah because of the old hunters DLC built into libhijacker, i think if you delete your save then it wont "need" the DLC files to boot.

solitaire4eva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah np brotha, had the same issue myself but then Illusion told me the DLC is sort of "built" into the patch.
Kind of like if you play Fallout new vegas with all the expansions but then try to load the same save after deleting the DLC.
Damn! Okay I found a Bloodborne v1.09 merged PS4.pkg with the Debug Menu built in! Works great on PS4 but awwww on PS5 its looking for a license LOL. Im trying to get rid of my PS4 so I got to figure this out

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Newhouse-Estates

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn! Okay I found a Bloodborne v1.09 merged PS4.pkg with the Debug Menu built in! Works great on PS4 but awwww on PS5 its looking for a license LOL. Im trying to get rid of my PS4 so I got to figure this out
Yeah i have confirmed with a few others that you need the disk to play bloodborne as well, if it works in fpkg form let us know.

solitaire4eva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i have confirmed with a few others that you need the disk to play bloodborne as well, if it works in fpkg form let us know.
So far only way to use debug merged fpkg is on PS4 system only. Will install on PS5 but will not go past the loading screen due to license error. I have tried to overwrite the Disc version with the fpkg since I get the message they are the same. Also the message I have to make a decision which one to use the digital version or disc version on PS5. Based on my choice, if I pick disc, it deletes the digital version lol. If I pick digital to use and not the disc version, I can't start it on PS5.

I been overwriting one version with the other trying to see if the license error goes away but no luck. It could be a hash being off with whoever merged the fpkg originally. PS4 system don't care or just ignore it but on the PS5 system, its a no go.

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night