Hacking System Transfer N3DS Question

MasterBro10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm getting my Ocarina cart on Tuesday, but I have been very skeptical about the system transfer from O3DS emunand to N3DS emunand. Can someone report if a PC based transfer worked for them? And if it didn't, should I use the wireless method instead?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: MattKimura

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I screwed up somewhere :/
I did a format emunand again (dunno why, it's late...)
So the N3DS DID sys transferred from my old 3DS but since I created another emuNAND it is not seeing the old files (I guess it happened because I separated the sysNAND and emuNAND)

Since I have full backup of my O3DS I easily restored and everything is still there but now I have to wait 7 days to do another attempt... crap!

Do it like this but DO NOT reformat emunand:

Pre steps:
* Make a backup of ALL you SD card (from the O3DS you're migrating FROM, don't forget the emuNAND itself)
* Leave both 3DS SYSNAND WiFi settings empty (a tip from my friend blechner: if you don't have the NANDs unlinked, you will not be able to leave sysNAND WiFi blank as it will be populated back when you fill out emuNAND WiFi. So, unlink the NANDs or clear sysNAND WiFi settings AFTER you have set the emuNAND WiFi)
* Update both 3DS EMUNAND to the latest one and CONFIGURE THEIR WIFI
* Make sure your profile (region), language, region, matches
* TIP: open the eShop at least one time in both consoles and accept the agreement thing we never read! If you don't do it, the sys transfer won't let you proceed!

Migrating:
1) Follow sys transfer wizard and chose migrate using a PC (make sure you choose the right answers for the sys transfer questions, answering you're using o SD for the O3DS and migrating TO A MICRO SD, for instance)
2) Wait until it finishes and restart both consoles. After restart, the process will take you back to sysnand and fail in both 3DS
2.1) On the O3DS it will simply not do anything else while on the N3DS it'll attempt to finish the sys transfer and fail telling you need to update your sysNAND, *** DON'T UPDATE IT ***
3) Shut down the N3DS, remove both SDs (micro SD from N3DS and SD from O3DS), copy the entire content of your O3DS SD to the N3DS micro SD
4) After copying the ENTIRE content of the SD to your Micro SD, boot up the emuNAND on your N3DS and the sys transfer will open automatically will finalize it's thing. Let it do it.
5) Once the sys transfer on N3DS finishes, it'll tell you so but it won't give you any way to close it (the Home button will not work as well), just shut down removing the battery or holding the Power button for 15 seconds
6) Power up your N3DS one more time and boot up the emuNAND. Voilá! All your O3DS stuff are now migrated.
7) Test everything! It should work!

EDIT1:
Fixing some typos and adding new info
EDIT2:
I will create a mini tuto so more users can easily find this

PekingGoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the N3DS DID sys transferred from my old 3DS but since I screated another emuNAND it is not seeing the old files (I guess it happened because I separated the sysnand and emunand)

Since I have full backup of my old 3ds I easily restored and everything is still there but now I have to wait 7 days to do another attempt... crap!

Pre steps:
* Make a backup of ALL you SD card (from the 3DS you're migratin FROM)
* Leave both 3DS SYSNAND WiFi settings empty

1) Follow sys transfer wizzard and chose migrate using a PC
2) Wait until it finishes, after restart, the process will take you back to sysnand and fail in both 3DS
3) Shut down the N3DS, remove the microSD, copy the entire content of your Old 3DS SD to the N3DS micro SD
- Here I did a N3ds Format emunand *** DON'T DO IT ***
4) Test! It should work!

Does it matter if the EmuNAND on one or both systems is linked to the SysNAND?

Thanks! Going to try this next Tuesday for sure.

Let us know how it goes, please!

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Does it matter if the EmuNAND on one or both systems is linked to the SysNAND?

Not really!
In fact, if you are to "screw up" exactly like I did, having the nands linked (sysNAND and emuNAND) will help you :P
I ended up with a working (but not in the end) sys transfer just because I had unlinked my nands...

Good luck!

Reactions: PekingGoose

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So the N3DS DID sys transferred from my old 3DS but since I screated another emuNAND it is not seeing the old files (I guess it happened because I separated the sysnand and emunand)

Since I have full backup of my old 3ds I easily restored and everything is still there but now I have to wait 7 days to do another attempt... crap!

Pre steps:

2) Wait until it finishes, after restart, the process will take you back to sysnand and fail in both 3DS
3) Shut down the N3DS, remove the microSD, copy the entire content of your Old 3DS SD to the N3DS micro SD
4) Test! It should work!

Thanks a lot !!! I successfully performed the transfer from my O3DS emunand to my N3DS emunand !! Yeah !!!!!

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a lot !!! I successfully performed the transfer from my O3DS emunand to my N3DS emunand !! Yeah !!!!!

I'm glad this little post worked for, at least, one person ;)
I'm waiting patiently for next Thursday when my 7 days sys transfer cap limit ends...

Cheers!

Reactions: Leslie White

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just followed your instructions and it worked ! It wasn't so difficult !

And it took about 45 minutes !

Thanks again, I didn't have that much purchased thing, but I renewed my PokéBank account last week on my O3DS and didn't want to spend another 5€ on the n3ds ... and it bothered me a bit to loose all my friends from the O3DS :)

Finally I can enjoy my N3DS :D

PekingGoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Pre steps:

4) Test! It should work!

Will be doing this today. For the presteps, it says to leave the Wi-Fi settings empty on sysnand, but my O3DS is on 9.2, so it uses the browser exploit and requires connection. Is this step needed?

Edit: nevermind, I can just use the CN exploit now (hopefully it works for O3DS fine.)

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I just followed your instructions and it worked ! It wasn't so difficult !

And it took about 45 minutes !

Thanks again, I didn't have that much purchased thing, but I renewed my PokéBank account last week on my O3DS and didn't want to spend another 5€ on the n3ds ... and it bothered me a bit to loose all my friends from the O3DS :)

Finally I can enjoy my N3DS :D

Congratulations! :)
See? Only
Will be doing this today. For the presteps, it says to leave the Wi-Fi settings empty on sysnand, but my O3DS is on 9.2, so it uses the browser exploit and requires connection. Is this step needed?

Edit: nevermind, I can just use the CN exploit now (hopefully it works for O3DS fine.)

;)
That or you can just turn off your wifi router when your consoles are about to restart, right after the sys transfer finishes.

Good luck!

PekingGoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ended up doing the transfer today, finished step 3. But I unlinked sysnand by formatting the sysnand without the microsd card inside (against your recommendation) while I was transferring the content from the source Sd to the target SD. Not sure if this was the cause of the problem, but every time I booted into GW mode I would get a screen that said "connecting to the internet", and it would end each time in an error.

However, with my now unlinked sysnand, I was able to link to my NNID on my N3DS console. Formatting emunand now and hoping the NNID is attached! Will update.

Edit: Looks like the NNID linked fine, so I can access my eshop purchases on N3DS EmuNAND. Thank you for your help!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Pre steps:

4) Test! It should work!

were your saves transferred safely?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf