Hardware System Transfer from N3DS to O3DS then back again.

Knitten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to transfer from a New3DS to one of the original ones?

I'm asking this because I have an old 3DS with the ambassador ticket, but, I want to keep my FC from my N3DS. Also, are games still linked to the System itself or would I lose everything permanently on the O3DS? I remember in the past they were paired with the system so even if I had reformatted it, I could still re-download everything.

EDIT: Also the O3DS hasn't been updated since the cancellation of MML3 so it doesn't even have a NNID paired to it yet.

Last edited by Knitten,

Knitten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, period. Only O3DS to O3DS, O3DS to N3DS, N3DS to N3DS.

Well that sucks. Ok I have another question then, if I choose to link my current NNID to my O3DS would that change my FC on it? The O3DS never had a NNID since back in 6.0 you didn't need one to access the store.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
No, the friend code isn"t changed, but when you link an NNID all boguht content from legacy account (eShop account) will be tied to that NNID and the NNID.
Also note you can link an NNID in only one console at the time, the only way to get it to other console without System Transfer is calling Nintendo to manually transfer it.

Last edited by Clector,

qq12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well that sucks. Ok I have another question then, if I choose to link my current NNID to my O3DS would that change my FC on it? The O3DS never had a NNID since back in 6.0 you didn't need one to access the store.
You'd probably need nintendo help to help with the transfer though,only they can hel0 unlink it in a way you can move in the from new to old 3ds

Knitten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I just figured something out. Just want to confirm that Digital games downloaded from the eShop are indeed linked with the System, is that correct?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yes they are linked to a legacy account (eShop account) unique for the console when an NNID isn"t linked, when an NNID is linked the games are tied to the NNID but the NNID is linked to that console when is created.

Knitten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks :D
I figured out how to transfer all my old stuff to new 3ds while keeping the new 3ds FC. Thanks for the help people :D

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Good, note that you can transfer without an NNID to the New 3DS and the content will be transfered to the New 3DS account or NNID even if it has one.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You need to wait seven days after a System Transfer as said, if you are going to transfer to a "New" 3DS take in consideration you can"t transfer from a "New" 3DS model to any "Original" 3DS model.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo