Gaming System Transfer App

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen a thread about this, so thought I'd start one. Post any info on System transfer that you guys know and any questions you guys have about it here.

Stuff to Note:
  • Sadly, save data isn't transferred over. This is bull in my opinion, but thankfully I wasn't that far in Shantae anyway so I didnt lose that much.
  • You don't seem to be able to transfer the Brain Age Express games that were included with the XL. They just don't show up on the transfer list.
  • Games are removed from the DSi after the transfer and you are not able to download them to your DSi unless you pay for them again
Question: You don't have to transfer all your DSiware over at once do you? There are a few titles I don't want to transfer just yet.

PS I know its rather random, but who find the system transfer adorable as all hell? Its so funny to see the Pikmin running around transferring the game for you. Looks good in 3D as well.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to know is if the transfer app changes your shop ID info.

I have games on one of my DSi units (I have 3, girlfriend has one. One of mine is an XL). My first DSi has games bought from that initial points offer. If I transfer those, can I still have them on the DSi too? Like saving them to SD card and removing the card before starting the transfer.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games are removed from the DSi after the transfer and you are not able to download them again unless you pay for them again

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gathered that. So it changes the internal shop ID of the unit. That is not pleasing. I had been hoping to keep the games on my DSi, since sometimes I just like playing a different machine.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sychophantom said:
I gathered that. So it changes the internal shop ID of the unit. That is not pleasing. I had been hoping to keep the games on my DSi, since sometimes I just like playing a different machine.
To my knowledge it just wipes your the Shop ID from the DSi. Not sure if it changes the ID of the 3DS as you can transfer DSiWare from multiple systems

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...well, you can select manually what titles you want to transfer. My girlfriend's DSi came with a few free titles that I couldn't transfer, so I think there are some game IDs that you can't transfer (in my case, WarioWare Snapped, Mario & Donkey Kong and Dr. Mario) or something like that. But these titles are already on sale at eShop...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Things i figured out:

First stuff you need to know:
- I have 4 DSi systems (wife, kids and myself) (3 EU models and 1 JPN model)
- All dsi systems where linked to 1 and the same nintendo account
- I bought the same game a few times to be on every dsi system

After downloading the transffer app on All DSi systems, i started transffering games from my own DSi system, i choose custom, to decide whatever game i want to transffer one by one
After that dsi was done, i took my wifes dsi, since she has gotten an iphone 4 from me for her birthday and valentine (there very close to each other) she never played on it anymore
after that i tried my kids dsi's, i couldn't play any game anymore that i transffered from the first dis, that also was on the other dsi's.
- When you have 1 game on more systems, and you transffered that game from 1 system to the 3ds, you still can play that game again on any other system it was on
But once you delete it, you have to rebuy it again.
- Same games transffered on 1 DSi can't be transffered again from another dsi, the are flagged as the non transfferable games
- Once you transffered a game to 3DS, you can't put a backup back from SD on your DSi
- Trying to redownload it from the dsiware shop on your dsi, will cost you again the needed amount of nintendo points

The reason is i think, the game is registered to your dsi and linked to your club nintendo account, your rights are removed from the dsi and your club nintendo account
The DSi transffer program needs a wifi connection, this way it somehow flags the game on your club nintendo account.
The transffer program needs an internet connection to see what games you bought and what games are flagged as already transffered
Already transffered games will flag as unable to tranffer on the other dsi's linked to the same account when you start the transffer app in custom mode

Last i took my JPN DSi, that is linked to an account i got somewhere from a japanese dude, who it seems never used it anymore, but still was active, so i updated this one to and installed the transffer program
- I'm not able to transffer any dsiware to my 3ds
- The reason is i think: i think: different accounts can't be joined on 1 3ds, 3DS and dsi needs to be linked to the same club nintendo account?
- The reason is i think: you can't transffer dsiware from different regio to 3ds from another region
[EDIT done]

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
DjoeN said:
Last i took my JPN DSi, that is linked to an account i got somewhere from a japanese dude, who it seems never used it anymore, but still was active, so i updated this one to and installed the transffer program
- I'm not able to transffer any dsiware to my 3ds
- The reason is i think: i think: different accounts can't be joined on 1 3ds, 3DS and dsi needs to be linked to the same club nintendo account?
- The reason is i think: you can't transffer dsiware from different regio to 3ds from another region
[EDIT done]
I have a US DSi and a European 3DS.
The two stay on the little twirling square.
Is that what you see when you try transfer from the Japanese DSi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1