System transfer advice please

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WiiKiing, Apr 2, 2017.

1. WiiKiing
    OP

WiiKiing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    My son currently has an O3ds and we would like to transfer his console to a N3dsXL using tthhe Nintendo transfer system.
    Both units currently have arm9lh and luma ruining.
    My main concern is the sd card might get wiped on the N3fsXL or both for that matter.
    If I back the card up do I use the files from the O3ds or the N3dsXL when restoring the N3dsXL sd card after the transfer and would that cause problems with the otp file of I do?

2. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Yes. Depending on how you manage the transfer, you'll end up with the O3DS card in the N3DS. I would suggest you backup the OTP and include the serial number of the unit so you don't confuse it. If you have any game saves that you don't want to lose, use JKSM to back them up before the transfer. Some games use Save or ExtData or both. You can bulk save. Click on help in JKSM if you don't know how. Unless you have games that you bought on the eShop, games will not transfer. Depends on the option you chose the SD card does get wiped. I haven't done one recently so I don't remember. Someone else might be more familiar with it.

3. addi33

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    the games get transferred. but the tickets don't, so first backup tickets, and then after the transfer restore them, and voila the games will show up again

4. WiiKiing
    OP

WiiKiing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    Ok this all sounds a bit confusing maybe I'll just back up three saves and download the games on the new one and restore the saves on the new one

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Instead of backing up the tickets you could use tikShop to install all available tickets for your region, this will make the games show up again.

SkillingCat likes this.