• Views 153,907
  • Replies 1,572

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
bit of a update, it seems my report of COD:WAW working was a false positive unfortunatley..i've cold rebooted since and it refuses to show in the disc channel, however plays fine via GammA..

any one else tried this game?

Sounds to me like it's wrong region or decrypted. decrypted are smaller than 1:1 ISO. check the size of the .iso for it if you still have the .iso file.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
i think it mite actually be a decrypted copy, although i aint got the damn .iso anymore and i'm using my lil AspireOne as my main system at the moment while i rebuild my tower to include watercooling, so no dvd-burner lol

the majority of games do however work flawlessly, am guessing with this method theres no need to start a wiki or thread for what works and what doesnt since theres no loader involved right??

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the compatibilty in this case is reduced to only your region using Disc Channel, and the same games working on Gamma, will work here; G'nite folks, see ye' tomorrow *yawn* :zzzz:

Maximillion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I spent alot of the night reading about this, finally got the link for the pack off someone =) thanks
and installed pretty easy works great.
Good job guys been waiting for this for a while

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all. This is great and will really open up some new doors on the wii.
grog.gif

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

First of all, congrats on the good work!!
Can't believe this has gone as far as it did.

I'm at work right now, but soon as i get home, I'm gonna try and perma-mod my WII.
All i would like is a PM with a link to the CIOSCORP package.

Oh, and as far as i've read (way too much to read here if you skip like 24 hours LOL), I should actually backup my originals. Problem is, I never got so far in it to see/get the prog to do that with, so a link to that one would be nice as well
smile.gif

Once again, great work from all those who tested/succeeded/brainstormed on this
smile.gif

Edit: NM the NAND dumper, I'll just use the infamous search button
wink.gif

arman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

great work been following this thread from the start , now iv,e backed up my nand i fancy trying this
would some kind soul like to pm me the CORPCIOS files
cheers

D

Deleted User

Maximillion said:
Just Stuck in Destroy all Humans NTSC and it showed up on my Pal wii disc channel fine?
So some other regions do work. =)
I'm assuming it's patched?

beardman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can add +1 to successfully modded wiis with this i did a friends wii earlier today couldn't have been easier to do for me now he is super happy. everyone involved in making this happen you rock

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
REQUEST:

Due to the testing and various methods of approach and all the other replies, this thread has become very sloppy.
Could someone PLEASE write up a (short) tutorial on how to get this working using the safest way possible.

Maybe the TS can edit the first post and add this tut there, so me and the other noobs can easily install this on their wii's.
Thanks in advance and once more a big up for everybody involved in taking this to the next level.

Hoping to see a tut soon...

D

Deleted User

FRanatic said:
REQUEST:

Due to the testing and various methods of approach and all the other replies, this thread has become very sloppy.
Could someone PLEASE write up a (short) tutorial on how to get this working using the safest way possible.

Maybe the TS can edit the first post and add this tut there, so me and the other noobs can easily install this on their wii's.
Thanks in advance and once more a big up for everybody involved in taking this to the next level.

Hoping to see a tut soon...

As previously stated, the reason there is no tut, is because you should read the first 20 or so pages.
This should not be used by noobs.
Until this has gone through extreme amounts of testing, then there shall be no guide/tut.

Also, why is it that a region patched Rockband 2 works, but mario party 8 doesn't?
Should i Install a different cIOS in IOS9, i currently have cIOS36 dip 7 in IOS9.

gadgeteduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this has engrossed me for the last 3 days excellent work work i have just crossed over from maxconsoles because of this thread and am wanting to try this out on my wii been modding for years and this would be perfect for my 7 yr old boys wii a(and mine too ) am backing up nand as i type if someone would be as kind to pm me cioscorp i would be much apprieciated good luck with future developments

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
pretty interesting read
you guys are (a little) crazy to test thing you don't fully masterize

some questions though for smart minds:

1/ what happen when the CIOS patcher patches the IOS it is currently using
2/ how can you be sure that simply replacing 00000001.app works with all IOS ? How can you say for sure it has no consequences ? you would have to disassemble and analyze each IOS for sakeness
3/ further IOS update problem: what happen with upcoming games making automatic update ? if you are not aware and just boot you retail copy, you might end up screwing your wii compleetly

again, the dangerous thing is that this is permanent change in your console (the idea of having a completely fake-signed and IOS-hacked wii seems a little scary) and that even if you have backup all your NAND, how are you going to restore it once your wii is bricked ?

buy a modchip ? whooot, too bad to end like this when the first goal was obviosuly to get ride of it
wink2.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dnmn8e said:
As previously stated, the reason there is no tut, is because you should read the first 20 or so pages.
This should not be used by noobs.
Until this has gone through extreme amounts of testing, then there shall be no guide/tut.

Yes, I understand. But with the weekend coming up lots of people will be going to test this for themselves I guess.
Therefore, to protect people with less knowledge on the matter, a small tut would be in order.
Still, if you put a big fat warning on top of the tut, stating this method is not tested extensively and should not be attempted by people who don't understand what the risk is of fiddling with ios', that would suffice.

This would be very helpfull for people who want to use and help testing this method, but not forcing them to read through 20+ pages, which might be confusing.

So, really, a tut would prevent bricks and will help evolve this method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: OMG it's soooo ugly