Hacking System Menu questions/thoughts

• Thread starter OSW
  • Start date
  • Views 154,053
  • Replies 1,572
D

Deleted User

Is there absolutely no way to control the dvd drive and its firmware through the wii?
Even if it means a cSM or something of the sort?

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So just to post an update and confirm what is being posted here. I have been running the custom cios's now for a couple days and I have had no issues with compatibility. I have about 30 games in my library and all work just fine except TW09 and Disaster which are PAL games.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
digitydogs said:
About gamecube games... This is the last time i think i'll post this as im getting tired of repeating myself.
WiiGator Said the only thing keeping Gamecube games from running is that the dvd read commands for gamecube aren't correct. He has hacked the MIOS completely and that is not what is stopping GC backup from running. Until we come up with a way to translate the read commands used by GC disc to match what we use for wii backups we won't be able to have a GC backup loader. I keep hoping ppc_gba will show up and give us an update of how far he got with this, and if hes still even working on it. Also Linkinworm stated that the new multigame loader waninkoko is working on isn't CURRENTLY compatible with GC backups without a chip.... which leads me to believe wanin is working on this as we speak.

Hmmm, I wonder what's translating the GC DVD commands then? I'm guessing some sort of function coded by Nintendo that we cannot touch(yet?), or the Wii has to be in GC mode or something like that. And I assume flashing the DVD drive is a bit more technical than what most people here would want to do when trying to softmod a Wii. The only reason I'm interested in a GC Backup Loader is so I could put multiple GC games on 1 disc. I currently own all the GC games I'd ever really want to play anyway.

I must say this has been the most interesting thread I have ever followed on this board. I've been tempted to try this on my own Wii, though there's really not much use I'd get out of it in the end anyway, and I think I don't need a stylish white brick by my TV. But I hope it can develop into something bigger(and hopefully more stable...) in the future.

Kudos to you guys, you're either really stupid or have the guts I could only dream to have.(I'm leaning more towards the second)

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
ok guys i've managed to get my hands on CORPCIOS.

just a question few Qs before i go ahead and install these.

1. am a PAL Wii owner, does this matter? i mean our these NTSC system files.

2. am on 3.3eV1 right now, is it absolutely essential that the system be on 3.2 before install.

thanks people

20clarky08

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The ios are not region specific so you should be fine.

In regards to 3.2, I would stronly suggest moving to 3.2 and installing starfall before you proceed. Hell even if you decide not to do this, I still suggest moving to 3.2 with starfall.....you are crazy not to.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
my only reason for not moving to 3.2 so far has been that my copy of zelda is now scratched beyond use,

if i downgrade to 3.2 will i need to re-twilight my system?

am installing as we speak so here goes nottin lol

another Wii-nea Pig

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Check the guide in my sig for the how to.....you will not need to use zelda if you have homebrew on already. Once you have all the CIOS installed you can use a backup of zelda if you need to.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just use cIOS downgrader 1.2 to go to 3.2..!!!
smile.gif

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
ok guys i've just ran IOS Downgrader, and Custom IOS Downgrader and i'm now runnin on 3.2e
cool.gif

just about to install Starfall, then am gonna go for it with CORPCIOS.

i dont need to dump nothing from the NAND or obtain any keys or anything i just install the WADS correct?

p.s. can someone PM me where they got there pack from just wanna make sure i got the right files mine came from Mega*pld courtsey of a forum member.

nice 1 fellas

20clarky08

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
double check with anytitle deleter to make sure it actually changed. Thats the only reason it shouldn't be running properly, mines working great.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude we cannot stress this enough.. dump your NAND... this is sort of your backup system... when doing such a major change to the system like this you should do a NAND dump... Sort of like with the PC whenever your doing some serious PC stuff.. you always backup stuff like the registry, etc. same kind of thing.... it will dump everything you have to the sd card...whats the hurry of doing the CIOSCORP?! We have already been playing backups for awhile now... It's just good practice to always backup import files you are messing with.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
no hurry IronMask dude..

jus got a few days of work so decided to have a lil experiment.

i've just downgraded to 3.2e and installed Starfall after months of sticking with 3.3eV1.

still need someone to confirm i have the correct files tbh, because i am slightly nervous about killing the Wii lol

but am willing to go for it so hey lol

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
20clarky08 said:
ok guys i've just ran IOS Downgrader, and Custom IOS Downgrader and i'm now runnin on 3.2e
cool.gif

just about to install Starfall, then am gonna go for it with CORPCIOS.

i dont need to dump nothing from the NAND or obtain any keys or anything i just install the WADS correct?

p.s. can someone PM me where they got there pack from just wanna make sure i got the right files mine came from Mega*pld courtsey of a forum member.

nice 1 fellas

20clarky08

I just PM'ed you the link I used

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
yeeaahhhhh boiiiiii lol

succcess man, disc channel loading...!! just tried QOS007, COD:WAW and NFS Undercover and all working.

to all involved, fuckin amaziin achievement guys..

would it be possible to automate the process of the wad install into a PatchMii kinda thing.?? or is that the aim of the project.

am officially permantley modded, think its time to go buy my arse a gamecube pad tho just incase lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ram ranch