Hacking System Menu just will not update

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using hte guide here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 to update from 3.2 to 4.1. However, my system remains on 3.2E. I've done it 4 times now using the Network Install method. It downloads the files, but then I get an error:

>>Installing COntent #127... ERROR! (ret = -1022)

I'm searching atm for how to fix it, but haven't got anything specific yet.

Cheers

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can try Pimpmymy it will download all ios, shop channel and menu 4.1. It can also patch with truchu iso you want. Don't trucha ios 34 and 61 cause HBC use them.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunatley ISO16 can't be downloaded from Nintendo, so Pimp My Wii won't help. I've installed this one manually now, but still no luck

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I had the reply page open since before DeadlyFoez comment, so my last reply was in response to matguitarist only.

Cheers, longtom1, I am using dop-ios and have IOS60 v1674, but had read elsewhere that my error message relates specifically to IOS16.

Dai-a, talking of hypocritical, I've been a member for a year longer than you: I did this when it was far more involved, before all these tools did it for you. Hardly a noob. Plus, your response is entirely irrelevant to the quoted error, so you're not looking good right now.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been in the homebrew scene since 3.2u was the best and the twilight hack was used to get homebrew.
I even had homebrew before it was even a channel and only a beta.

Also registration date doesn't matter.
You can be in something for as long as you want but it doesn't mean you'll learn.

EDIT: BTW It's IOS not ISO scrub.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the latest hackmii installer to install hbc, bootmii, and dvdx.
then update via nintendo to 4.2.
tbr1.1 to downgrade ios15, patch ios36 (you can install to ios236 if you want to keep ios36 virgin)
use dop ios mod to install the nonstubbed version of ios60 and system menu 4.1 if you wanted to go back to 4.1.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very simple to do this, install ios60 wad FIRST
then install system menu 4.1 wad for your region.
i did it twice just a couple weeks ago to go from 3.1 to 4.1 and from 3.2 to 4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1