Hacking System File is Missing

smtw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I bought an Acekard 2i quite sometime ago and it worked fine until recently. What happened was my memory card was almost full and I think it crashed when Acekard tried to create another save file for a new game that I'd just opened.
Now when I switch on my DSi and clicked on the Acekard, it says "System File is Missing". When I tried to access the SD card from my computer, there was nothing shown in the card but when I clicked the card's properties, it showed that the card was full, so I think my game files are still in there somewhere. Is there some way that I can rescue my save file and games without formatting my card? Thank you very much for your help.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your MicroSD card got corrupted. There are recovery tools out there, but I don't think its worth going through all the trouble. Best I can recommend is try to run Checkdisk on the card then defrag it. If that doesn't work, the stuff is gone.

I feel your pain. I was about halfway through FFIV and at the final boss in Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia and I corrupted the cart by pulling it out of my Mac without ejecting it first.
frown.gif
Learned one very important thing that day though: ALWAYS back up your saves.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the loss of your saves.
There's a lot of file recovery tools available, but being how games are picky about their saves all the time, it's very hard to recover them.

If your card is corrupted, you've got to reformat.
Try Panasonic Disk Formatter.

smtw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you soooo much for your replies. It's really nice of you guys to help me out.
I followed the instructions of the other thread but I think I'm doing something wrong somewhere.
Here's the step by step guide I followed: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step
I actually did some screen captures of all the stuffs I did but I don't know how to insert the images to this reply. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you
smile.gif

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
STOP RIGHT NOW DON'T FORMAT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
I once lost all the stuff from my AceKard cause it also got corrupted and appeared to be full when checking the properties.
DON'T FORMAT!
Get a program called Data Doctor Recovery 14 - in - 1. (It costs money but only like a buck, otherwise you can pirate it but it's really worth it!)
Go to the memory cards section and begin the recovery.
It takes a while to recover, like 15 minutes or so, and then it will give you all the files that were on the card but not the folders. Say if you had all your games in a subfolder and music in another subfolder, they're all gonna be mixed together when it's recovered. No subfolders! But this is perfect! I got my Pokemon Platinum save back and I really needed it cause I was on my way to the league. I friggin' love this program and I highly recommend it.

Good luck!

smtw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
Sorry for the late reply. I went to Nepal for a vacation and just came back yesterday. I'm happy to report that I've managed to recover my files thanks to your help. Thank you so much for all the help!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock