Hacking SysNAND backup and EmuNAND size

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

What's the size of SysNAND Backup? And what is the EmuNAND one?

Also, if I played a game (Inazuma Eleven 3) which requires at least 5.1, will I lose my save if I downgrade my 3DS and I play with this game on Classic Mode 9.5?

Thanks

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you so SysNAND backup is about 950mb
only games with 7.x Encryption will loose their saves?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so SysNAND backup is about 950mb
only games with 7.x Encryption will loose their saves?

Yes. Altough the list I linked is not complete, a general rule of thumb is that if a game requires 7.1 or higher, it may (but not every game does) use the new encryption method, thus cause you to lose your save.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A last question: I've Animal Crossing which is preinstalled in my SysNAND. If I format SysNAND (I'll take off this one before), will I lose my game and its save?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes. Altough the list I linked is not complete, a general rule of thumb is that if a game requires 7.1 or higher, it may (but not every game does) use the new encryption method, thus cause you to lose your save.
The new save encryption was added in 6.x, not 7.x. The first game that used it was Pokemon X/Y I believe. The 7.x encryption you're thinking of is only for the ROM contents.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've Animal Crossing which is preinstalled in my SysNAND. If I format SysNAND (I'll take off this one before), will I lose my game and its save?

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
if you linked it to a NNID, check that it is in your download list
if not i warn you that you could lost it ( not 100% sure)

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I've Animal Crossing which is preinstalled in my SysNAND. If I format SysNAND (I'll take off this one before), will I lose my game and its save?

Back up your sysNAND and SD card contents before formatting. You can restore it and use it later.
Or don't format at all. AC:NL works fine on 4.5. (Just keep a backup just in case)

The new save encryption was added in 6.x, not 7.x. The first game that used it was Pokemon X/Y I believe. The 7.x encryption you're thinking of is only for the ROM contents.

Ahh, nevermind. I was confusing stuff. Yes, you're right. Some titles with 6.x+ save encryption still work on CFW because it forces to use the old encryption. Pokemon X/Y are playable on CFW, you just can't save them because they use some newer SDK functions.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah but I want to unlink my NANDS and I heard that I couldn't use my game on the NAND I will format

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: