SysDVR - Stream gameplay directly to a pc

SysDVR
Stream/record gameplay to a PC via USB or network.
upload_2019-10-21_9-21-20.png

Update: Version 5.0 has been released with low latency streaming, be sure to check it out on github.

This is an experimental sysmodule that allows capturing the running game output on a pc.
As this uses switch's built-in game recording feature it has the same limitations: 720p@30fps and only works on the games that enable it, but by sending the video to another device there's no time limit to the recording.

There are two modes: USB and Network, both work fine but USB is slightly better, at least compared to wifi, didn't try with a LAN adapter.
Players like mpv or vlc can play the stream directly so you can use any screen recording applications but it's also possible to write the stream directly to a file.
To use the USB version you need the UsbStream program you'll find on the github page, it's built using .NET 5 and works on both windows and linux, haven't tried mac but in theory it should work too.

You can see it in action in the two teasers i posted while working on it:

As you can see it's not meant for remote play, but it can work as a basic capture card, audio output is uncompressed so it can be useful for ripping OSTs .

Download and wall of text guide on github: https://github.com/exelix11/SysDVR/
To get notified of updates you can follow this thread or join my new discord server (i also have a twitter account where occasionally post development updates).

Please make sure to read the full readme before reporting issues as it explains the most common problems you may encounter.

Last edited by exelix11,

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made a direct boot of sysdvr with hidplus (pc controller support) using autohotkey just by double clicking. The only thing I can't figure out is where to add the --fullscreen command. Do I add it to sysDVR launcher.bat (and if so where?)

Run, "SysDVR Launcher.bat"
Run, %ComSpec% /K "irb", %A_Documents%\Switch,,this_console
WinWaitActive, ahk_pid %this_console%
SetKeyDelay, 0, 10
Send py input_pc.py 192.168.1.11 {Enter}

It says here the command line --fullscreen works https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/SysDVR_Switch

DrPleaseRespect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've made a direct boot of sysdvr with hidplus (pc controller support) using autohotkey just by double clicking. The only thing I can't figure out is where to add the --fullscreen command. Do I add it to sysDVR launcher.bat (and if so where?)
I'm not well versed with AHK but since you are calling the Launcher instead of Launching the SysDVR-Client directly you would need to edit the "SysDVR Launcher.bat" file and add the --fullscreen parameter there.

Open the SysDVR Launcher.bat file in a text editor and add "--fullscreen" to the last line
It should look like this
Code:
"C:\Program Files\dotnet\dotnet.exe" "G:\Switch Modding\SysDVR\SysDVR-Client.dll" bridge 192.168.100.103 --fullscreen

Reactions: Jayinem

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks i got it working by just adding send {F11} to the ahk script (F11 makes it fullscreen) and it does it automatically after launch.

If someone wants to use PC controllers and have them working and also SySDVR at the same time with a simple double click you could use my script. Ask me for any help with ahk.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Tried out the latest and it works great on USB but it once had an error on Android. Something was released twice. It happened on non rooted tablet on Android via otg->USB 2.0 cable. Was not able to replicate it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.