Hacking Question Sys Update Required now?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2017-6-20_22-52-52.png

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing zelda then i took the time to go to the home screen to look at the time and it says i have to install a update so i turn off wifi still will not let me play any games so i turned it off and well not play tell i get more info.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I was playing zelda then i took the time to go to the home screen to look at the time and it says i have to install a update so i turn off wifi still will not let me play any games so i turned it off and well not play tell i get more info.
You can still play games offline if you turn on airplane mode then restart the system.
Can't do anything online though. Yellows8 even got locked out of 2.1 webkithax because of this. He will have to update.

Reactions: peteruk

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still play games offline if you turn on airplane mode then restart the system.
Can't do anything online though. Yellows8 even got locked out of 2.1 webkithax because of this. He will have to update.
Bummer, looks like Nintendo got caught up with their security finally.
I do wonder though if this can just be bypassed with another fiddler though. That would be hilarious.

I'd assume there is nothing that can actually stop people from playing online/offline that's written in the system at the moment. Saying its mandatory to update like on the 3ds in order to use software or play online.

Reactions: EpicLPer
D

Deleted User

I just wanted to add that I bought Zelda Breath of the Wild today. I had waited because i couldn't get a switch at launch and then didn't want to go online with it when I first got it. I know that game needs updates. Anywho. Since I am on 2.3 I don't want to system update. I was worried I wouldn't be able to update the game itself but turns out I was able to. It never asked me to update the console. I updated the game to 1.2.0 and then just took it back offline. All went well. Posting for anyone else in similar situation...

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You're missing out a lot by not updating to 3xx which is a really huge firmware update that adds a lot of value to the Switch. I get that you want to leave it on the lowest firmware so whenever there's a hack you'll be able to install but how likely is that gonna turn up any time soon? I dunno but probably in a few years.

Nintendo is finally doing right by its customers and allowing us to use the controllers we want. If only they'd fix that shitty, confusing, mess of an online voice-chat service they've got coming up...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: CallmeBerto

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

the webkit exploit (pegaswitch) still works, but plutoo confirmed that the kernel bug he has privately exploited has been patched in 3.0.0 https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

Thanks so much for sharing this information. Knowledge is power.

In terms of the fixes in 3.0 I am not against having them but well. I see big things for the switch in the future. Big things. That screen is begging for homebrew like mugen. To play final fantasy 3 on it man oh man. Policenauts? My head just spins. Nintendont? With all the features touted in the latest update it is a shame. Maybe I need 2 switches one for online one for hax. Mario Odyssey looks frigging amazing. That will be me first tear shed if 2.3 will not run it. I know I am looking at potentially a couple of years till homebrew. Piracy isn't super appealing to me. I know when it is nintendo they make quality games and I am willing to pay for those cute little cartridges. It's the possibilities of the system once hacked that have me determined.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: