• Replies 1,366
  • Likes 88

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy question I guess.
What may be causing stuttering? I get that a lot when walking around in South Park: The Stick of Truth. Should I overclock the GPU? Not 100% sure but the default value should be 384 MHz while docked

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Easy question I guess.
What may be causing stuttering? I get that a lot when walking around in South Park: The Stick of Truth. Should I overclock the GPU? Not 100% sure but the default value should be 384 MHz while docked

default GPU value is 768 while docked ;-)

Reactions: SkullHex2

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy question I guess.
Anything could possibly cause stutters. Usually what I do is I start with maxed out clocks to see if it fixes the issues with a game, then if it does I lower the clocks as far as I can go before performance issues start popping up again

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
default GPU value is 768 while docked ;-)
Is that so? I'll have to check the log again then.

Anything could possibly cause stutters. Usually what I do is I start with maxed out clocks to see if it fixes the issues with a game, then if it does I lower the clocks as far as I can go before performance issues start popping up again
Interesting method, I think I'll try it too. Thanks for the advice!

StoneShown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Could someone Post Presets for Skyrim, Diablo, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fire Emblem Threre Houses? And if a new game comes out like the new Zelda this month, how can i adjust the Clock? From there get i the number like [010038900DFE0000]? Is there an option to overclock every game automatic without mention it in the config file?

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I download an updated ini file for this?
At the moment you have to make one yourself.
I've put together all the configs I found in the GitHub repo, in here and on RetroNX. Any duplicate should be commented out, retaining the most recent one.
Feel free to delete the configs I've made, which are Assassin's Creed III, South Park: The Stick of Truth and Qlaunch (and partly Dragon Quest XI).

You need to change the extension to .ini, apparently I'm not allowed to post such files.

Attachments

• config.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 315

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do I check the current cpu and gpu clocks in this app? For example when I have no overclocked engaged.

without overclock, it will be default. and default is based on docked or undocked.
docked is cpu 1020, gpu 768 and ram 1600.
undocked is cpu 1020, gpu 460 (at maximum, it can be lower) and ram 1331.

Could someone Post Presets for Skyrim, Diablo, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fire Emblem Threre Houses? And if a new game comes out like the new Zelda this month, how can i adjust the Clock? From there get i the number like [010038900DFE0000]? Is there an option to overclock every game automatic without mention it in the config file?

sys-clk demands settings for every game be entered manually.
sys-clk editor (a seperate homebrew) makes this somewhat less of a hassle because you can do it on the system and while games are running, checking how changes affect gameplay.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
without overclock, it will be default. and default is based on docked or undocked.
docked is cpu 1020, gpu 768 and ram 1600.
undocked is cpu 1020, gpu 460 and ram 1331.
Handheld has multiple default GPU clocks, 307, 384, and 460. 307 and 384 are the most common and 460 is fairly rare.

Spazturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to add a way to set a default base overclock in the config? The difference in power draw between DDR4 clocked at 1333Mhz and 1600Mhz is so small I want the device to have the Mem set to 1600Mhz all the time unless I explicitly set it to lower for certain titles.

p-sam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Would it be possible to add a way to set a default base overclock in the config? The difference in power draw between DDR4 clocked at 1333Mhz and 1600Mhz is so small I want the device to have the Mem set to 1600Mhz all the time unless I explicitly set it to lower for certain titles.

The purpose of sys-clk is too get community have presets for all games (even for multiple cases, like improved battery life, better framerates, etc), and actually find out what games need what by doing a bit of research. This is why even for a less significant power draw, we're not doing anything in the direction of the "set & forget all max OC" some people may do. Check next update tho if what we did fulfill your needs (and yea no ETA)

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
use sys-clk editor, search for it. for Diablo it'll run perfectly 50-60fps without any OC (I even tried docked mode in hanheld with handheld stock clocks and it still smooth over 40fps with dozen of enemies on screen - it look like higher resolution downscale and more blurry, add more graphics details not much better though), for XB 2 you should OC GPU to 460 mhz for stable max handheld 540p - and you should try this, it make XB2 look much better https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-graphics-settings.529436/ , I dont know about skyrim..

Last edited by NotACat,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I updated to atmosphere 0.9.4 with sys-clk enabled and the CPU-GPU clocks are stuck in handheld mode speeds, all the games stuter pretty badly, every time I boot a game the clocks goes down and the only way to recover dock speeds is undocking-docking the Switch.

Disabling sys-clk every game work fine.

I double checked my config file and it happens even with games that are not in the list, a workaround is explicity the dock speeds in the config, but it's annoying having to configure out alot of games.

EDIT: I fixed it, it was a problem with qlaunch sticking its clock speeds into the game, that's why it always happened at first boot and not in middle of gameplay.
If you are using SunTheCourier's sys-clk-Editor make sure to set qlaunch title in dock mode speed, as reseting it will set it in handheld mode speed and carry that speed to the game.

Last edited by cucholix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT