• Views 504,236
  • Replies 1,366
  • Likes 88

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Hekate and Atmosphere, not sure which one would be the emunand thing. And yeah I have prod.keys in the atmosphere folder.

Honestly, and I mean no offense by this, but if you don't really know the difference between these basic concepts I'd say don't use that OC tool. Stick with sys-clk in the first post in this thread.

Last edited by mattyxarope,

uJard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, I'm brand new to this haha. Though I'm well aware of how much I should and shouldn't overclock things. All I really need to do is to be able to use 768mhz GPU in handheld, and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out because it's kinda ruining everything.
Been using freebird to do it so far but it's supposedly outdated and I do have problems with it.

Last edited by uJard,
D

Deleted User

Yeah, I'm brand new to this haha. Though I'm well aware of how much I should and shouldn't overclock things. All I really need to do is to be able to use 768mhz GPU in handheld, and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out because it's kinda runing everything.
Been using freebird to do it so far but it's supposedly outdated and I do have problems with it.
there is only 1 line you need to edit in sys-clk.
for building in Windows you need to run bash build.sh
edit: 200th post

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm brand new to this haha. Though I'm well aware of how much I should and shouldn't overclock things. All I really need to do is to be able to use 768mhz GPU in handheld, and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out because it's kinda runing everything.

Can I ask why you want this?

uJard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can I ask why you want this?
Mostly to play 3 of my favorite games in 60FPS. With 460mhz it's not quite able to hit that, which is causing slowdowns.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm just getting errors upon errors upon errors. I've tried all kinds of different things and followed guides here and there, each one giving me a different error.

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly to play 3 of my favorite games in 60FPS. With 460mhz it's not quite able to hit that, which is causing slowdowns.

Ok as we were talking about in the other post. I suggest you set up emunand first before doing any kind of homebrew. Use a guide like this one: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

It's really important to not getting banned in general.

uJard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok as we were talking about in the other post. I suggest you set up emunand first before doing any kind of homebrew. Use a guide like this one: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

It's really important to not getting banned in general.

Oh I'm quite sure I have that already. Not doing anything in sysnand, and I've blocked all connections to nintendo's servers in emuMMC

This is what it looks like when I do exactly that.
lSESa24.jpg

Last edited by uJard,
D

Deleted User

do you have devkitpro instsalled? I think you are missing libaries and maybe libnx.
to install libnx download the latest release and copy it into a folder, cd into that folder and run the command make install.

uJard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
do you have devkitpro instsalled? I think you are missing libaries and maybe libnx.
to install libnx download the latest release and copy it into a folder, cd into that folder and run the command make install.
I thought I did..
Seems that libnx isn't getting installed properly, which I had overlooked.
Another error, go figure >.>
dyUDkeV.png

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I need to use fss0 in hekate to use the memory overclock or can I just load it on top of regular atmosphere? Because whenever I load my overclock it works, but sometimes when I build the files, the clocks work properly, other times they are constantly max and sys-clk says it is disabled whenever I try to load it from the homebrew menu or tesla overlay.

But on both files, whether the clocks are working properly or not, random games fail to load for some reason with the "could not start the software" error (eshop, backup, or cart too so it's not specific).

I don't know if it's related to loading atmosphere through fss0 but I don't have any game issues on stock, and the kip module doesn't seem to load when booting directly through hekate.

I've rebuilt 'libsys_minerva.bso' and 'loader.kip' a bunch of times without any errors so no idea what's up.

It's weird because I'd never have thought I'd have these kinds of random issues, and no one else seems to be having the same problems, at least not when I've tried searching the thread. Also just noticed the fps counter stops working too, which I assume means saltyNX isn't either.

Man it sounded so simple to do thanks to all the hard work other people put in to make this accessible, but damn stuff just keeps going wrong for me :(

If only the bloody thing had more than 3.5gb and decent memory speeds to begin with and I didn't need overclocking to help reduce lag. Fucking consoles man just give me 30 frames already and I'll be happy, like I know it's nintendo but I'm not after graphics, just some bloody stable frames.

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you have a bunch of firmware NCAs, you can search for a specific title using hactoolnet + grep/findstr
Code:
E:\Nintendo Switch\Firmwares\prod\12.0.3 (NintendoSDK Firmware for NX 12.0.3-1.0) (v805502996)>hactoolnet -t switchfs --listncas . | findstr 010000000000001A
875acbb5a5b6526159ac68a3c91884c7 Program    010000000000001A
feafbedd216b7c81e52cf03b6a6930af Meta       010000000000001A
Then extract it with
Code:
hactool(net) --exefsdir exefs whatever.nca
I'm using it in ubuntu
./hactool -k prod.keys --disablekeywarns -t -nca 12.0.2 | grep 010000000000001a
It prompts me
Failed to read NCA header!
Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?
I already have prod.keys
What I did wrong
sendpix0.jpg

Attachments

• sendpix0.jpg
    sendpix0.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 96

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using it in ubuntu
./hactool -k prod.keys --disablekeywarns -t -nca 12.0.2 | grep 010000000000001a
It prompts me
Failed to read NCA header!
Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?
I already have prod.keys
What I did wrong
View attachment 272784
Syntax is incorrect. Dunno what you’re trying to do there, but hactool doesn’t have any means of searching for ncas with a specific programid, only hactoolnet does. And extracting a nca is ‘hactool —exefsdir exefs whatever.nca’.

D

Deleted User

For Sys-Clk to work you need to rebuild it with the added RAM clock afaik.
Have you tried lowering the RAM clock or increasing the voltage a bit?
Hekate patches (if needed) installed?
Can you post your boot ini for the RAM OC?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For Sys-Clk to work you need to rebuild it with the added RAM clock afaik.
Have you tried lowering the RAM clock or increasing the voltage a bit?
Hekate patches (if needed) installed?
Can you post your boot ini for the RAM OC?

Well using ZachyCatGames' method, it looks like the overclock replaces the 1600Mhz clock, so I don't think I need to add the clock to sys-clk myself. I've attached some screens to show the current files I've built that show the regular clock working, the overclock working in place of 1600Mhz, and saltyNX/FPS counter working in Hyrule Warriors (One of the games that will actually run)
IMG_20210811_125833.jpg
IMG_20210811_130505.jpg
IMG_20210811_130722.jpg

I've not played with voltages, all I did was follow ZachyCatGames' instruction which was to apply their patch to atmosphere, which gave me the modified stratosphere loader.kip, then uncomment this line in minerva and rebuild hekate.

The pictures you see above are as far as I've gotten when it comes to booting my switch with the modified files, as you can see it's almost all working perfectly, except a large amount of games give me this error whenever I try to launch (which doesn't happen on stock).
IMG_20210811_150330.jpg

My hekate boot.ini looks like
Screenshot 2021-08-11 151505.png
where the circled config is the overclock one that you see running in the first set of pictures, and the 'Atmosphere CFW' config is my stock emunand. But if I remove the kip1 line from the OC config, all games run just fine as you would expect, but obviously I don't get the overclock.

So I have no idea what could be causing a bunch of games to give me that error when the loader.kip builds without error, and all I've done is apply ZachyCatGames' pcv_ram_oc.diff file to it, which from what I can tell just adds the overclock in place of 1600Mhz and shouldn't make random games just stop booting and again I've not seen anyone else report this sort of problem in the thread, I just have no clue why it's happening.
Btw this was tested on different sd cards, with clean installs of atmos and hekate just to rule out any conflicts to existing stuff, same problem each time.

Last edited by Rasa39,

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well using ZachyCatGames' method, it looks like the overclock replaces the 1600Mhz clock, so I don't think I need to add the clock to sys-clk myself. I've attached some screens to show the current files I've built that show the regular clock working, the overclock working in place of 1600Mhz, and saltyNX/FPS counter working in Hyrule Warriors (One of the games that will actually run)
I've not played with voltages, all I did was follow ZachyCatGames' instruction which was to apply their patch to atmosphere, which gave me the modified stratosphere loader.kip, then uncomment this line in minerva and rebuild hekate.

The pictures you see above are as far as I've gotten when it comes to booting my switch with the modified files, as you can see it's almost all working perfectly, except a large amount of games give me this error whenever I try to launch (which doesn't happen on stock).

My hekate boot.ini looks like
where the circled config is the overclock one that you see running in the first set of pictures, and the 'Atmosphere CFW' config is my stock emunand. But if I remove the kip1 line from the OC config, all games run just fine as you would expect, but obviously I don't get the overclock.

So I have no idea what could be causing a bunch of games to give me that error when the loader.kip builds without error, and all I've done is apply ZachyCatGames' pcv_ram_oc.diff file to it, which from what I can tell just adds the overclock in place of 1600Mhz and shouldn't make random games just stop booting and again I've not seen anyone else report this sort of problem in the thread, I just have no clue why it's happening.
Btw this was tested on different sd cards, with clean installs of atmos and hekate just to rule out any conflicts to existing stuff, same problem each time.
I don't know if we can discuss piracy here.
But your loader.kip needs to be re-offset loadpatches

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syntax is incorrect. Dunno what you’re trying to do there, but hactool doesn’t have any means of searching for ncas with a specific programid, only hactoolnet does. And extracting a nca is ‘hactool —exefsdir exefs whatever.nca’.
I have found the main, how should I calculate the offset? Thank you for the source code

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if we can discuss piracy here.
But your loader.kip needs to be re-offset loadpatches
Oh right so it's to do with those, no idea how I'd go about doing that and not sure if you'd be able to say cos if it enables piracy it's probably a no go. I only put the sigpatches on the fss0 one because I heard they are needed so thought that would maybe fix it.

That's why it was so confusing because even some of my cart dumps didn't work, I knew you needed patches for eshop dumps but are game cart dumps not like they are on the 3ds, where the header, or in this case signature, is included in a personal dump? I know that's not related to this, but I always thought that was the case for physical dumps, or have I just had a blonde moment this whole time on that haha.

Guess I'll just have to stick to carts then, and the odd dump when they work. Because I have no idea what the offsets are or how to change them. At least only thing I can think of is finding the offset in the original loader.kip build, then finding the same location in the overclock build and using the offset there to modify the patches, other than that I got no idea.

But either way, thank you so much for the clarification and all the help you guys have given me, it was fun to experiment with and to see it actually working on my switch regardless :D

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh right so it's to do with those, no idea how I'd go about doing that and not sure if you'd be able to say cos if it enables piracy it's probably a no go. I only put the sigpatches on the fss0 one because I heard they are needed so thought that would maybe fix it.

That's why it was so confusing because even some of my cart dumps didn't work, I knew you needed patches for eshop dumps but are game cart dumps not like they are on the 3ds, where the header, or in this case signature, is included in a personal dump? I know that's not related to this, but I always thought that was the case for physical dumps, or have I just had a blonde moment this whole time on that haha.

Guess I'll just have to stick to carts then, and the odd dump when they work. Because I have no idea what the offsets are or how to change them. At least only thing I can think of is finding the offset in the original loader.kip build, then finding the same location in the overclock build and using the offset there to modify the patches, other than that I got no idea.

But either way, thank you so much for the clarification and all the help you guys have given me, it was fun to experiment with and to see it actually working on my switch regardless :D
You need to recalculate the loaderpatches for loader.kip and add them to sd/bootloader/patches.ini,Whenever you recompile AMS loader.kip, the loaderpatches are changed, hope this helps you https://gbatemp.net/threads/info-on-sha-256-hashes-on-fs-patches.581550/page-7 #post-9358107

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2