• Views 508,244
  • Replies 1,366
  • Likes 88

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, after reading some of the older messages in this thread I'm a bit worried, because I've got an Erista unit and you keep saying not to overclock it.
What exactly do you mean by “overclock?” Can I use this sysmodule or not? That's all I've been doing

if by “overclocking” you mean pushing past the built-in limits of sys-clk, I've never done that; if by “overclocking” you mean using this sysmodule at all, then I'm fucked lol..
Overclocking is just pushing the hardware harder than what is set by the factory. Your not fucked. The settings by sys-clk are within safe parameters for erista units. From what I've seen/heard, the only damage by sys-clk is shortened battery life. I've been using it my self for the past 3-4 years with the only noticeable "damage" is the shortened battery and even then it could be due to my miss handling (letting the battery completely drain etc)

Reactions: SkullHex2

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello everyone, after reading some of the older messages in this thread I'm a bit worried, because I've got an Erista unit and you keep saying not to overclock it.
What exactly do you mean by “overclock?” Can I use this sysmodule or not? That's all I've been doing

if by “overclocking” you mean pushing past the built-in limits of sys-clk, I've never done that; if by “overclocking” you mean using this sysmodule at all, then I'm fucked lol..
I've been using the safe clocks for months without issue.
That said, it's always at your own risk when modifying your device. No one here can be held responsible for any damage caused by it.

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the safe clocks for months without issue.
That said, it's always at your own risk when modifying your device. No one here can be held responsible for any damage caused by it.
By “safe clocks” you mean..? Not the one provided by Switch-OC-Suite, I guess?
I'm not really looking for someone to take responsibility. I just want to understand what clocks are deemed “safe” and what aren't.

Overclocking is just pushing the hardware harder than what is set by the factory. Your not fucked. The settings by sys-clk are within safe parameters for erista units. From what I've seen/heard, the only damage by sys-clk is shortened battery life. I've been using it my self for the past 3-4 years with the only noticeable "damage" is the shortened battery and even then it could be due to my miss handling (letting the battery completely drain etc)
Thank you

warheit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sys-clk seems to be not working with HOS 17.0.0. Currently using prerelease Atmosphere 1.6.0 and was getting error when opening sys-clk via menu and tesla overlay. EdiZon and emuiibo is working but for opening sys-clk it shows:

Fatal error
sys-clk is not running.

Please make sure it is correctly installed and enabled.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Reactions: Tyvar1 and warheit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr