Hacking SXOS Emunand setup (detailed questions)

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a view to a few things regarding EMUNAND.

My Current setup:
FW: 5.1.0 (updated from 4.0.0 with Chouji). Have been using SXOS, with a bunch of NSPs installed. Console has never gone online.

My plan is to set up Emunand by cloning the current NAND, and proceeding to use this as I currently have been - i.e. all the xcis/nsps I currently have.

I want to run Sysnand official - I have an untouched 4.0.0 backup, which I plan to restore, and then update this to 6.2 so that I can play things online (i.e. SSBU)

Now I have a current of specific questions:

1. How do installed NSPs on your EMUNAND affect your OFW? Obviously, if installed on your SD Card they will take up space, but will they automatically be recognised on OFW if I keep the same SD card in the switch?
  2. In updating from OFW, is there any need/benefit of updating using Chouji? I understand that fuses will be burnt if not using Chouji, but does this really matter if I don't mind the current warmboot solution?

Cheers

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. Emunand and Sysnand are completely separated. Install NSPs on Emunand won't ever affect Sysnand on the latest SX OS, thanks to Emutendo folder solution. No, Sysnand won't recognize any installed titles on Emunand.
2. You said you've never gone online and having 4.0 nand backup. After creating Emunand, just restore the backup back on then update firmware via Nintendo server (you'd like to go online on latest firmware > super clean nand is in need), forget about the fuse. Btw, Choi can save fuse by setting up autorcm, just in case.

Cheers.

Reactions: Kingfield

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks mate, exactly what I needed. just to doublecheck - is there any chance of detection by updating via Choi instead of Official? I should probably uninstall autorcm just to be doubly sure of no detection right?

Similarly, If I transfer some saves over from my current setup to the restored sysNAND, what's the risk (if any) of being detected/causing a ban?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks mate, exactly what I needed. just to doublecheck - is there any chance of detection by updating via Choi instead of Official? I should probably uninstall autorcm just to be doubly sure of no detection right?

Similarly, If I transfer some saves over from my current setup to the restored sysNAND, what's the risk (if any) of being detected/causing a ban?

I've updated using Choi on sysnand then clean it up many times in 2-3 months or so. Still on the eShop. If you'd like to keep the Switch in its original form for online purpose, disable autorcm then because when using autorcm you have to apply bootloader hack to boot.

Don't transfer any savedata or any unmatched stuff when going online.

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated using Choi on sysnand then clean it up many times in 2-3 months or so. Still on the eShop. If you'd like to keep the Switch in its original form for online purpose, disable autorcm then because when using autorcm you have to apply bootloader hack to boot.

Don't transfer any savedata or any unmatched stuff when going online.

Dang I guess there goes my SSB save data. oh well. Thanks for that. Just out of curiosity, have you disabled autorcm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30