Hacking Question SXOS emunand questions.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone give me a rundown on SXOS emunand? What exactly can it do? Will it let me play legal games online in official firmware without getting banned? Play games of cfw online without getting banned? What's the purpose? does it let me restore of console if I somehow brick it?

I have had a hacked switch for over a year, it was used so I don't know if it's ever played a game online. I've never played online but I have downloaded update files with cfw enabled. (as far as I know i'm not banned) I have stealth mode enabled outside the few times I download updates. will emunand work for me or just on consoles that are "clean" before you install it?

Reactions: NoNAND

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give me a rundown on SXOS emunand? What exactly can it do? Will it let me play legal games online in official firmware without getting banned? Play games of cfw online without getting banned? What's the purpose? does it let me restore of console if I somehow brick it?

I have had a hacked switch for over a year, it was used so I don't know if it's ever played a game online. I've never played online but I have downloaded update files with cfw enabled. (as far as I know i'm not banned) I have stealth mode enabled outside the few times I download updates. will emunand work for me or just on consoles that are "clean" before you install it?
SX OS emuNAND is just a copy of your SysNAND. Its purpose is to allow users to run higher firmware versions without updating the firmware of the console itself. If you do all CFW and homebrew offline in one partition, then its possible for you to avoid a ban since emuNAND and sysNAND are separated.

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Like @Draxzelex above stated emuNAND serves as a virtual sysNAND running off your SD card instead off the consoles NAND, and emuNAND is used to update your switch whilst keeping your sysNAND in a lower version, namely keeping the fuse count intact (assuming autoRCM is ON at all times) updating emuNAND without touching the sysNAND (in case in the future a coldboot method gets released for lower FWs). But emuNAND can also be used as a separate system purely for your hackery piracy needs whilst keeping a clean sysNAND.
You did use CFW on your sysNAND before so it's already tainted. Unless you have proper pre-CFW NAND backup of your sysNAND there's no other way of cleaning traces of CFW homebrew.

No, keep your emuNAND offline at all times and use ChoiDujourNX to update your system henceforth.
As per updating your games go for NSPs. EmuNAND won't mitigate your chance of getting banned and isn't ban-proof either. stealth mode incognito 90dns aren't future proof either Nintendo will develop counter measures to banhammer those "lucky" not-yet-banned switches of homebrew users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end