Hacking SX OS "Stealth Mode" is not creport?

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anyways, there have been some reports of people still being able to update their stuff despite being banned so I would believe not everyone got CDN bans.

Oh, is this confirmed? I was under the impression that MOST of the people who claimed to be only banned and not superbanned are just people who haven't rechecked their ban recently, because they didn't know something new hapepned 4 days ago. Like here:

Update on my post: just checked my Switch and tried to update it. Yep I managed to get a CDN ban.
View attachment 141495

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
uhmmm if we cant reduce the thelemetry, the "new" mode is pretty unless, the information will be send to nity when we go to OFW.
I know people hate that TX is taking the work of others and putting it into a convenient package, but I hope in their next update they implement the method of directing telemetry accumulation to the SD card so the system won't send it to Nintendo upon online connectivity.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that was an interesting read although it shouldn't be used as an excuse to freely pirate games.

Yes it should. I can tell you this fact with a straight face. If it weren't for the ability to pirate, I wouldn't have bought the thousands of dollars worth of video games that I have bought. Would they really rather have me not have bought all those? I only came back to Nintendo because of piracy, and my nephew only started because of me. My Wii, my Wii U, my 3DS, my Switch, my nephews 2DS, and my nephews Switch, all only happened because piracy got me rehooked onto an old end of life GameCube. Almost all the piracy is done by people who weren't going to buy the game anyways. It doesn't take a lot of positive sales effect to offset that tiny loss of sales. Out of 100 pirated copies there might be 2 lost sales and 4 gained sales. You don't call that good?

If it were my own video game company, I wouldn't want to lose all those sales just on principle.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that video game about making video games? If you pirated it, you'd get piracy in game and you couldn't win? How many people decided to buy the game after that part so that they could continue? Is that number greater than zero? That number has to be greater than the number of people who would have bought it otherwise. Your conversions only need to be higher than the tiny amount who would have bought it and would have quit before that point. People who wouldn't quit will convert for sure. As long as the number of people who now decide it's worth it only after the piracy extended trial is larger than the number of people who would buy the game and quit early on, you make out better. If your game is good, this will be true.

The real way to combat piracy is 1) Make the non-pirated product better than a pirated version, and 2) Sell it at a reasonable price point. Why do people pay for Netflix and Hulu? You could pirate most of it. So why? It's because it's cheap and better.

Video games should be like this. Mario kart 8, pirataes get 50cc mode only and no leaderboards. Wake up video game industry. Nintendo is so stuck in 2002.

Reactions: Revard

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Remember that video game about making video games? If you pirated it, you'd get piracy in game and you couldn't win? How many people decided to buy the game after that part so that they could continue? Is that number greater than zero? That number has to be greater than the number of people who would have bought it otherwise. Your conversions only need to be higher than the tiny amount who would have bought it and would have quit before that point. People who wouldn't quit will convert for sure. As long as the number of people who now decide it's worth it only after the piracy extended trial is larger than the number of people who would buy the game and quit early on, you make out better. If your game is good, this will be true.

The real way to combat piracy is 1) Make the non-pirated product better than a pirated version, and 2) Sell it at a reasonable price point. Why do people pay for Netflix and Hulu? You could pirate most of it. So why? It's because it's cheap and better.

Video games should be like this. Mario kart 8, pirataes get 50cc mode only and no leaderboards. Wake up video game industry. Nintendo is so stuck in 2002.

Man i remember the days when games had unkillable enemies that would stalk you the entire game if you ran a pirated copy. Or guns that would fire chickens and wouldn't kill anyone. THOSE were great AP measures. Really hilarious too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why was everybody SO JEALOUS of SX when everyone wants to copy the SX OS itself. they're the first, and they're gonna be the last. still the best cfw.

...SX is the one copying from everyone else, not the other way around...

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Off topic but they taste extremely different. But the same thing you either love or hate either and or both. I can't stand Marmite..

I wouldn't know, i never tried any of that stuff, they don't have it in my country. Nor have i ever been THAT curious to try it that i'd go out of my way to look for it

I don't get why everything is so polarized all the time, as long as we have more options everyone should be happy. There's been way too much infighting with the Switch scene it's unreal.

IT's been like that since the 3DS scene. Somethings never change

FTP is the difference. As stealth is enabled by default there's no way to stuff up unless you manually go disable it, but why would you do that, and if you do it's your own fault. I know for me, being able to easily use FTP to transfer files and not have to remove the sdcard all the time or implement my own blocking rules in the router is way more convenient. Finding it hard to find something to complain about here but I guess the drama is all encompassing by this point :D

I tried FTP file transfers before. For small files and even to erase files form the card it's fine but transferring large files, like a 4gb+ game file it's DREADFULLY slow, way too slow for it to matter, for me at least

Show me where they touched you :)

I like how people think that just because i don't like SXOS that i'm super pissed at TX, even when i make a simple comment, like this stealth mode not being anything new. Oh well, fanboys will be fanboys i suppose

Reactions: Deleted User

donk7413

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a question about SX OS.
Ok,it's not creport but we know that SX OS support LayeredFS since 1.3 so.

• Add LayeredFS support
    Are you excited about any upcoming Game Mods for switch games? Well, we are! To accommodate this we have added what is commonly referred to as "LayeredFS" support. In short what this allows you to do is override specific files from a game with modified copies that are loaded from your microSD's (ex)FAT partition.
    Place your custom game files under the following locations on the microSD root:
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/exefs/
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/romfs/
    We can't wait to see what cool mods the community will come up with!

What if I put creport from New SDFILE in sxos/titles/0100000000000036

It will make creport works on SX OS ? Like that the "Stealth 'not so good' mode" will be more secure and prevent ban.

Last edited by donk7413,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It will make creport works on SX OS ? Like that the "Stealth 'not so good' mode" will be more secure and prevent ban.
Normally yes.
But what people don't understand is that creport is only for crashes. And that doesn't prevent a ban. A ban for homebrew, yes, for now, a ban for backup loading no.

And as I said, nor a dns, nor anything will completely be safe (except homebrews, they don't leave traces because of the rcm way of launching them) if you don't restore a backup. Which basically make it useless.

This can be easily replicated by simply setting a dns to block any *.nintendo.* except ctest and some others.

donk7413

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Normally yes.
But what people don't understand is that creport is only for crashes. And that doesn't prevent a ban. A ban for homebrew, yes, for now, a ban for backup loading no.

And as I said, nor a dns, nor anything will completely be safe (except homebrews, they don't leave traces because of the rcm way of launching them) if you don't restore a backup. Which basically make it useless.

This can be easily replicated by simply setting a dns to block any *.nintendo.* except ctest and some others.

When you load XCI with the SX card emulation, creport will not make a log ? Because internet-based xci doesn't have a cert so it will be considered like a error, no ?

Or maybe it's another module that will do the telemetry jobs for logging error.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you load XCI with the SX card emulation, creport will not make a log ? Because internet-based xci doesn't have a cert so it will be considered like a error, no ?

Or maybe it's another module that will do the telemetry jobs for logging error.
No creport only handle crashes (eg when your switch ask you to reboot).
Not having a cert while going online is asking for a ban.

Not sending anything too nintendo can be flaged. (not including crashes)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country

I've been doing this for a while
although I can't verify if it's working as intended or not, at least it doesn't break anything for me, so no harm for me to keep using this

donk7413

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No creport only handle crashes (eg when your switch ask you to reboot).
Not having a cert while going online is asking for a ban.

Not sending anything too nintendo can be flaged. (not including crashes)

Ok thanks for this informations, I didn't know it.

Actually I use the stealth mode and i don't play online xci game.

So hypothetically, the best method for prevent ban is a "real-time" edit of the telemetry send to Big N and to tell them "don't need look here, eveything is fine", right ?

I've been doing this for a while
although I can't verify if it's working as intended or not, at least it doesn't break anything for me, so no harm for me to keep using this
You may should be able to see log on your SD card. It's what creport do so ^^

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, is this confirmed? I was under the impression that MOST of the people who claimed to be only banned and not superbanned are just people who haven't rechecked their ban recently, because they didn't know something new hapepned 4 days ago. Like here:
Its mostly off-hand stuff although I'd have to comb the thread again to see if someone submitted a report after the widespread CDN bans were being reported. I'm still confident it was a server-side change that just gave the impression of bans upgrading to CDN bans and not a manual process of upgrading all normally banned certs to CDN banned status but I'll continue monitoring the situation very closely.

Reactions: linuxaresisagaysob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica