Hacking SX OS should I use XCI, or NSP on emuNAND?

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SX OS emuNAND and was wondering if I should install XCI, or NSP on my emuNAND? I use a clean Sysnand for online and was wondering if XCI, or NSP is better for not getting banned?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you "install" an xci file it's the same as converting it to nsp first. If you just leave the xci file on the SD card you can launch it and play it from the sxos menu. It emulates a real game by tricking the switch into thinking you've put a game cart in the slot.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are doing it on emunand and not going online with emunand, then it doesn't matter which one you use from a ban-avoiding perspective. Prior to emunand being available, XCIs were much safer to use (not "installing" them, but rather loading them as if you would a cartridge).

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to resurrect this thread, but is there any difference in battery life between XCI and NSP? I remember back in the 3DS days of Gateway and Sky, they would drain the battery faster than if you installed onto the SD card, but that was because we were using a physical cart in the cart slot. I imagine there's no difference for the Switch, but just wondering.

D

Deleted User

Not to resurrect this thread, but is there any difference in battery life between XCI and NSP? I remember back in the 3DS days of Gateway and Sky, they would drain the battery faster than if you installed onto the SD card, but that was because we were using a physical cart in the cart slot. I imagine there's no difference for the Switch, but just wondering.
There should be since it 'emulates' a cartridge instead of just loading it. But not that much of a difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter