Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nothing, only sign of life is when i plug into the dock the green light comes on for a second.
Tell me step by step what you did and I’ll see if I can come up with something. Right off the bat I would recommend trying again, hold the power button even longer.
Ps, did you auto rcm?

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tell me step by step what you did and I’ll see if I can come up with something. Right off the bat I would recommend trying again, hold the power button even longer.
Ps, did you auto rcm?
I did not autorcm, last thing i did was activate my sx os license. It said to reboot to use it, so i turned off my switch and thats the last thing that happened. Maybe if i let the battery drain?

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did not autorcm, last thing i did was activate my sx os license. It said to reboot to use it, so i turned off my switch and thats the last thing that happened. Maybe if i let the battery drain?
Drained battery is a possibility. For now I recommend you let it charge for at least a half an out to an hour. Then try turning it on. Make sure you go to RCM to get back into CFW.
I’ll keep checking on you throughout the day.

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sushi Striker isn't showing up and L.A. Noire keeps crashing after the Switch logo. Both were trimmed with XCI Cutter. Transferring over the original full dumps onto my SD card and will try them then.

Everything else I threw at it so far works. I was even able to play Splatoon 2 with my purchased Octo Expansion, so any DLC you actually bought will still work. Word of warning that some games do connect to the internet as soon as they are booted(Splatoon 2, NBA 2K18 for example), so it's best to keep in airplane mode when you're actually playing the games so you don't risk get banned.

Reactions: lordhell

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if all of the SD card-related issues are due to this, but if you ever remove the SD card while the Switch is on, it won't be read by the Switch anymore. The fix is relatively simple however.
Switch's filesystem service has this bug since ever.

Connect your sd card to a windows PC and select everything inside.
Right click, properties, advanced, disable "folder/file is ready for archiving". Done.
So as a general PSA, users should ONLY take out the SD card when the Switch is off to avoid future issues.

Reactions: OhhSheetz

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried with the full games. LA Noire isn't working and Sushi Striker doesn't even show up
Looks like officially card 2 games won’t work, like sushi striker, so these won’t even show up as they have the image on another partition. lA Noir may have a similar issue but not with the cover, hence why it shows up but won’t load. Weird as they seem to be confirmed as working with layered

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems like a issue with SX, since people have reported that L.A Noire works with LayredFS and it's the same dump. Hopefully a fix for this and support for Type 2 cards comes soon

Reactions: OhhSheetz

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't super mind not having LA Noire, but i also didn't and wouldn't pay for something that could get me banned, i get banned for free haha

ravensfan8448

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running firmware 1.0.0, successfully loaded xecuter OS and everything is good to go except split xci files.

I have a samsung 256gb micro sd formatted to FAT32, and I'm using all BBB proper releases. I am using xci cutter found here https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-cutter-tool-windows.504818/ to cut the larger games. All the games show up in the xecuter gallery, but when I select a game that has been split, xecuter brings me to the switch homescreen but the game I selected in the gallery doesn't show up. All the backups are in the root directory of my micro sd, and all split files are .xc0, .xc1, .xc2 etc...

So, going off this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-games-required-firmware-version.485959/ I have gotten the following results from the games I have tried:

Working (all single .xci files):
1-2 Switch
Arms
Cave Story+
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Retro City Rampage DX
The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+

Not Working:
Disgaea 5 Complete (split file)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (split file)
Zelda BOTW (split file)
Rayman Legends (says it needs an update to play, might be a mistake that this game is on the 2.3 or lower firmware list)

Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed