Greyfux27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello all

Spent quite sometime reading the forum looking for a detailed guide on how to install SX OS 2.3 and using EMUNAND on a clean, never modified NSW. This is my first time using SX or any other CFW. I've bought the SXOS license also. Could someone help me go through this process?

I have a NSW on 3.01 and already did the FULL NAND BACKUP process. I'm also using a 64SDXC on FAT32. What would be the next step?

I'm thinking on doing the follwoing:

• Erase all files from SD card and copying only SX OS (boot.dat)
  • Put NSW on RCM
  • Inject SX payload.bin using TegraRCM
  • Let it create the license-request.dat file on SD
  • Remove SD, copy license file, activate on SX website, put it back on NSW
  • Inject SX payload.bin using TegraRCM
  • Go to options and choose create Emunand?
  • ???????

So, no idea what should be the next steps from there. Please help!

Couple of questions:

Should I enable autorcm?
If not will I need to use the jig on every boot?
Is there any risk when updating emunand and burn the NSW fuses?
Should I update my OFW to 6.1.0? Is there any benefit on that? I'm not planning on going online anytime soon.
Should I use XCI or NSPs on emunand?

Any assistance is appreciated!

Last edited by Greyfux27,
Reactions: feight and SagaXIV

feight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in a very similar place myself. I'm on 4.1.0 with my Nand and keys backed up.
But Im unsure if i should upgrade now to get exfat support and game support, or if i should install sxos and emunand, and then update the emunand.

I know that I read somewhere that in your case at FW 3.0.1 updating to or past 4 will burn a fuse for your game cartridge rendering it unusable if you ever decide to downgrade to 3.0.0.
I didn't look into it any further since I am already at 4.1.0

So this might help some people out there - A few of the guides suggest using CNX to upgrade firmware without blowing fuses as something to do after getting CFW on their systems. Since most games won't work on 3.0.0, this was one of the first things I wanted to do when getting CFW working.

Well, mentioned on the GBATemp thread about CNX, but not on the download page most people link to (or on the guides themselves), is this little tidbit: In the 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 firmware, there's an update to the Game Card Reader. This update has it's own fuses and cannot be removed, and if in place will cause firmware before 4.0.0 to crash if you insert a game into the Switch.

The workaround to this firmware update is to disable the GameCard Reader Slot if you're sticking on a native firmware before 4.0.0 (for Coldboot) -- Hecate has an option to do this, and supposedly CNX will automatically edit your Hecate configuration for this, but I didn't see any such change and only discovered what was going on after it was too late.

If you're in the same situation as me -- native 3.0.0 firmware, have the card reader update, yadda yadda -- the workaround I found is to just leave AutoRCM on, use CNX to set a specific firmware, and wait. There may be a different solution that I don't know about to get the card reader working again in 3.0.0, but asking around said that it has it's own fuses and can't be downgraded.

tldr: If using ChoidujourNX, make sure you read up on disabling the Game Card Reader or your switch will be stuck only working on 4.0.0+ firmware."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: +1