SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

_hexkyz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying they could just xor the bits with a fixed number before storing it in a file and then redo that at run time and it's fine?

Interestingly, that's what SX Installer does for master keys. Albeit not as simple as a single XOR but a rather long dance of adds, subs and shifts.
Seeds, on the other hand, are stored in plain inside "sx.nro".

Reactions: smf

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean SXOS now works with firmware 7.0.1? Just making sure.

How is it so far for those that have updated?
Added features:
7.0.x support
Reboot to Payload
JIT patches which improve N64 emulation in Retroarch

Bugs:
USB hard drives are no longer detected for a lot of people. Still working for some.
SX Pro license requests don't work
Emunand issues? I've seen some say that it's broke and some say that it works so I'm not sure.

I probably missed some stuff but that's the gist of it. Xecuter has confirmed that they are aware of these bugs and are working to fix them

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Added features:
7.0.x support
Reboot to Payload

Bugs:
USB hard drives are no longer detected for a lot of people. Still working for some.
Emunand issues? I've seen some say that it's broke and some say that it works so I'm not sure.

I probably missed some stuff but that's the gist of it. Xecuter has confirmed that they are aware of these bugs and are working to fix them
I wanna know if reboot to payload is for autoRCM users and will kick back to SX OS menu after shutdown the console from system?

D

Deleted User

Let's ignore the fact that the forum coding is absolute shite. Like if I want to go on it I have to go on private mode because after 3 visits on the site with normal browsing. It takes 1-2 minutes to load.

Hmm... That's strange. Maybe it's just something with your account?

Weird.

SublimeJhn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance but I haven't had time to keep up with the scene lately, how does reboot to payload work? What do I need to do to boot back into sxos?

Reactions: weatMod

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Added features:
7.0.x support
Reboot to Payload

Bugs:

Sorry, but does 7.0.x mean 7.0.1 works with this?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna know if reboot to payload is for autoRCM users and will kick back to SX OS menu after shutdown the console from system?
It doesn't have anything to do with AutoRCM. Reboot to payload is a homebrew NRO that is included with Atmosphere, which now works on SX OS. You run the homebrew, confirm that you'd like to reboot, and it'll reboot into a payload (that you place at sd:/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin). If you reboot normally (using the power button) then it won't be affected. There is a feature in Atmosphere that does what you detailed, but as far as I know it's not yet a feature of SX OS.

Sorry, but does 7.0.x mean 7.0.1 works with this?
Yes.

Last edited by stick267,
Reactions: ChokingVictim87

Volthax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
SX OS 2.6 Keyless Edition will soon release, the only change is the key got removed and it won't boot at all, but this allows us to post the link once again and is a clever bypass for the GBATemp ToS!
A new revolutionary technology, crafted by the higher TX lords!
Release ETA... Never?
But in all seriousness 2.6.1 is prob going to allow us to post links again wahoo!

Reactions: natkoden

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmm... That's strange. Maybe it's just something with your account?

Weird.
IDK really about site coding but today I have problem with visiblility of some users avatars on Chrome on PC... Even my profile avatar is not showing up... and its Burton not worked... Also option to post isn't present. So I am all day posting from iPad or smartphone...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It doesn't have anything to do with AutoRCM. Reboot to payload is a homebrew NRO that is included with Atmosphere, which now works on SX OS. You run the homebrew, confirm that you'd like to reboot, and it'll reboot into a payload (that you place at sd:/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin). If you reboot normally (using the power button) then it won't be affected. There is a feature in Atmosphere that does what you detailed, but as far as I know it's not yet a feature of SX OS.

Yes.
I am posting because some users stated that atmo have "proper shutdown" for AutoRCM aka. way to not get kick to RCM after shutdown the console.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am posting because some users stated that atmo have "proper shutdown" for AutoRCM aka. way to not get kick to RCM after shutdown the console.
I haven't seen that reported for SX OS so I can't say if they implemented it. I don't use AutoRCM so I can't test it.

Reactions: wiewiec

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong but all the newer cfw have the new 7.0 keys or else it wouldn't run.

So why is one mod here saying no linking to sx unless solid proof is given.

Innocent until guilty, but at the same time all the other cfw contain nintendos new encryption keys or else they wouldn't run on 7.x firmware.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Correct me if I am wrong but all the newer cfw have the new 7.0 keys or else it wouldn't run.

Innocent until guilty, but at the same time all the other cfw contain nintendos new encryption keys or else they wouldn't run on 7.x firmware.
Problem with SX OS. It has a literal copyrighted tsec key baked into the CFW.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Go read all the pages back, hard solid proof enough there and links to tweets regarding that

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ReiNX and Atmosphere both use Sept, they do not include the new key.
Sept is signed with the new key, but is not distributed with it.

Whereas TX have opted into packing the needed key in plain-text into SXOS 2.6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol