Hacking Question SX OS 1.4 Crash

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
LA Noire is still a game that is causing issues. Its an IR game just like 1 2 switch and the sx os has had issues with IR games since day 1. LA Noire didnt even boot up before SX OS 1.4....

I can't wait to get my switch back with a trinket installed to test out 1.4 though :) Seems really buggy though!
Thanks I am using sx v1.4 but like you say maybe the IR games are still having problems, it hasn't crashed since. This is the first ever crash since using sxos.

Last edited by Reecey,
D

Deleted User

This happened to to me too. Removing hbmenu.nro added roms had no impact . It seemed to have been hanging when it scanned for nsp even after I removed everything accept license.dat, still no dice. Card worked fine on 1.3 pre upgrade had to reformat the card and put roms back again . Sorted.

If as in your case you tried format . Do full format instead of quick see if that errors out on you if it does it's a bumpkiss card. Try low level partition tools like diskpart from command line.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ye sure it's TX not layered fs, dev menu, reinx and all the other sys hacks you have used. Has to be TX . Nice debug .

If your gonna comment at least read and know what your saying.

This all happened right after entering my license and testing 1st switch game. Crash then this. Nothing was ran other than TX stuff 1st. Then once I couldnt get into OS I tried other options since TX couldnt help me on their own site. And again its not the card as they work perfect in other switches.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If your gonna comment at least read and know what your saying.

This all happened right after entering my license and testing 1st switch game. Crash then this. Nothing was ran other than TX stuff 1st. Then once I couldnt get into OS I tried other options since TX couldnt help me on their own site. And again its not the card as they work perfect in other switches.
You have not commented nor responded on any of the suggested fix's in here, if you want to be a princess then piss right off.

it happened on 1.3 now 1.4 ? what about test Tool QuantunCat posted ? what about FULL format what have been results ? what about using diskpart to nuke the part .... i could go on .

The fact the cards are working perfectly in another switch really , that's fucked up.
It sounds almost like you have dodgy SD reader in the switch - while attempting a boot see if pressing the sd card slot with different amounts of pressure during boot observe if it impact the boot progress in anyway .

IF its in auto RCM are you sure its not gone into deep charge mode ? or batt is fucked - will it boot from battery charged up and swapped as test ? has it been in use with 3rd party docks and chargers ? ITs sounding like coincidence m92t36 ic problem even - given the state its in now.

D

Deleted User

You have not commented nor responded on any of the suggested fix's in here, if you want to be a princess then piss right off.

it happened on 1.3 now 1.4 ? what about test Tool QuantunCat posted ? what about FULL format what have been results ? what about using diskpart to nuke the part .... i could go on .

The fact the cards are working perfectly in another switch really , that's fucked up.
It sounds almost like you have dodgy SD reader in the switch - while attempting a boot see if pressing the sd card slot with different amounts of pressure during boot observe if it impact the boot progress in anyway .

IF its in auto RCM are you sure its not gone into deep charge mode ? or batt is fucked - will it boot from battery charged up and swapped as test ? has it been in use with 3rd party docks and chargers ? ITs sounding like coincidence m92t36 ic problem even - given the state its in now.

Tried all suggestions so far. It was in auto rcm when this happened. Sd reader working fine as I dumped my nand with hekate. Tx os crash then straight to this. No docks all 1st party accessories.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Tried all suggestions so far. It was in auto rcm when this happened. Sd reader working fine as I dumped my nand with hekate. Tx os crash then straight to this. No docks all 1st party accessories.
Fuck. And from your main post on this no nand backup . Oh shit . It's still possible something on main board has popped . Was the dump readable ?? Biskeydump works ?

Zebybite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted all my XCI files off my SD Card, and now there are no problems, it seems that I must have had a bad XCI file that was messing something up :|

D

Deleted User

Fuck. And from your main post on this no nand backup . Oh shit . It's still possible something on main board has popped . Was the dump readable ?? Biskeydump works ?

Was able to dump nand and get biskeys - Dump looked good. Woke up to switch in OFW horizon os in the morning with it not being on charger. I believe briccmi is what fixed it by getting it out of autorcm but im not 100% certain until I get this exact issue again.

Thank you to all for the suggestions.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch crashed today when I recorded a 30 sec video in super mario odyssey, pressed home to go to the album while holding L, and I got an error code. This is the first time I've ever experienced this, the album works fine after I rebooted. I thought it was because mario odyssey was still open that caused it. Must have been a random chance.

Ita54_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Switch with sx os 1.4 yesterday crashed playing FIFA 18 and for 60 minutes i cant take my Switch on. Overheating? After this Time I restarted my Switch and all run normal.
Temperatur in my room was over 30°
In Germany

Last edited by Ita54_2,

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think these groups are making bad rips of games ??? than in comb with micro sd card makes allot of sx os problems etc !!
how can you chek if the xci rip is good ?

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

i think these groups are making bad rips of games ??? than in comb with micro sd card makes allot of sx os problems etc !!
how can you chek if the xci rip is good ?

OS hasn't crashed on me once. It's always in game and some games crash more often than others. So far 1.4 has fixed a ton of crashes for me. So far have modded 5 Switches and 1.4 is going strong.

Gonna make some personal rips and test this out.

Reactions: scroeffie

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
some one should test a rip from the internet ,and the og download from nintendo network with nxshop ? and see wich one wil crash or not !
i tthink its a combo of bad rips and corrupt sd cards etc ! i have a psp with 400gb sd card and sometimes games freeze etc psp freezes etc
but when i test the game on a smaller micro sd card it works perfect ,so more testing is needed

also team x needs to slow down these updates and do more testing or let people test a beta cfw first !! they need to slow down
we dont want any bricked consoles etc etc

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some one should test a rip from the internet ,and the og download from nintendo network with nxshop ? and see wich one wil crash or not !
i tthink its a combo of bad rips and corrupt sd cards etc ! i have a psp with 400gb sd card and sometimes games freeze etc psp freezes etc
but when i test the game on a smaller micro sd card it works perfect ,so more testing is needed

also team x needs to slow down these updates and do more testing or let people test a beta cfw first !! they need to slow down
we dont want any bricked consoles etc etc
there is not problems at all,just calm down guys,i do have various switch consoles tested with Samsung and sandisk sd cards with even i single crash.stop buying fake cards.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

there is not problems at all,just calm down guys,i do have various switch consoles tested with Samsung and sandisk sd cards with even i single crash.stop buying fake cards.

Crashes are still present with perfectly good cards. Doesn't excuse the fact that 1/3 of micro sd cards on the market are deemed fake. I have 3 cards 200gb x2 sandisk identical cards (One was sent straight from sandisk) and 256gb samsung. All 3 cards work really good with the samsung giving me faster reading and writing times. I did notice that some games had higher crash rates leading me to believe the issue was in the rip itself.

Reactions: scroeffie

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crashes are still present with perfectly good cards. Doesn't excuse the fact that 1/3 of micro sd cards on the market are deemed fake. I have 3 cards 200gb x2 sandisk identical cards (One was sent straight from sandisk) and 256gb samsung. All 3 cards work really good with the samsung giving me faster reading and writing times. I did notice that some games had higher crash rates leading me to believe the issue was in the rip itself.
i am trying a lot of games to get any crash in purposes but i have no luck. everything running flawless.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another point,why you guys do not post video proof of crash or freeze?
like that we can see whats going on,since a lot of people including myself has no problems with sx 1.4.

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solved use one memory card for games that didn't work and when playing la norie don't go home menu turn off system and for all other games use sx iso 1.3 then you never get freeze and use ultra plus san disk close this topic solved and don't get bad dumps and never use homebrew at all are you get a lot of freezes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo