Hacking Question SX OS 1.4 Crash

Zebybite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to SX OS 1.4 and whenever I open the album, it will scan for games for a few seconds, then crash the entire system. Has anyone else had this problem?/ How do you fix it?

My Switch is on v.5.1.0 and I have a real 200gb Sandisk SD that was working perfectly previous to this update.

D

Deleted User

I just updated to SX OS 1.4 and whenever I open the album, it will scan for games for a few seconds, then crash the entire system. Has anyone else had this problem?/ How do you fix it?

My Switch is on v.5.1.0 and I have a real 200gb Sandisk SD that was working perfectly previous to this update.

Im getting crashes too

On 1 switch I cant get passed the tx logo no matter what after a crash

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive 3 different sd cards and no issues, maybe is a fragmentation problem you could try move everything to another place format and move back, but its really strange that this is happening, for me was just copy replace and be happy jaja

D

Deleted User

2 sandisk cards bought from newegg - 256gb and a 200gb - both working perfect on another switch

Game crashed on TX OS 1.3
Rebooted to TX logo and would not get passed
Tried volume + and nothing
Holding power for 12-15 also doesnt work
Cant boot CFW
Cant boot TX options to boot OFW or disable Auto RCm
Atemosphere freeze on boot
ReiNX freeze on boot
Formated card and tried fat32 and exfat with same results
Tried 1.3 and 1.4 TX
Removed boot.dat from sd card to see if I get boot.dat error and I do

Tried with dongle and trinket and same exact results

Thinking this switch is bricked from tx software

Last edited by ,

Ita54_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have Zero Problem with 200 gb SanDisk and sx os 1.4.
Delete boot.dat and Download the boot.dat new from sx.xecuter.com

D

Deleted User

I have Zero Problem with 200 gb SanDisk and sx os 1.4.
Delete boot.dat and Download the boot.dat new from sx.xecuter.com

All the Switch Ive personally seen modded randomly crash and with legit samsung and sandisk cards. Not sure how stable 1.4 is but just wait.

Last edited by ,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Test it with H2testw. https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

Reactions: Drakia

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine crashed yesterday I thought it was just a random crash because it did happen sometimes even on OFW I've had it happen before but I was playing LA Noire I home button out the game and it just froze crashed on me I had to power down and restart and I have never had a crash previously whether it was just a coincidence?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine crashed yesterday I thought it was just a random crash because it did happen sometimes even on OFW I've had it happen before but I was playing LA Noire I home button out the game and it just froze crashed on me I had to power down and restart and I have never had a crash previously whether it was just a coincidence?
LA Noire is still a game that is causing issues. Its an IR game just like 1 2 switch and the sx os has had issues with IR games since day 1. LA Noire didnt even boot up before SX OS 1.4....

I can't wait to get my switch back with a trinket installed to test out 1.4 though :) Seems really buggy though!

Reactions: Reecey

Gargamale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this very issue. Ended up being a corrupt .nsp of Darkest Dungeon. I deleted the file and everything works again as normal.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
This happened to to me too. Removing hbmenu.nro added roms had no impact . It seemed to have been hanging when it scanned for nsp even after I removed everything accept license.dat, still no dice. Card worked fine on 1.3 pre upgrade had to reformat the card and put roms back again . Sorted.

If as in your case you tried format . Do full format instead of quick see if that errors out on you if it does it's a bumpkiss card. Try low level partition tools like diskpart from command line.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2 sandisk cards bought from newegg - 256gb and a 200gb - both working perfect on another switch

Game crashed on TX OS 1.3
Rebooted to TX logo and would not get passed
Tried volume + and nothing
Holding power for 12-15 also doesnt work
Cant boot CFW
Cant boot TX options to boot OFW or disable Auto RCm
Atemosphere freeze on boot
ReiNX freeze on boot
Formated card and tried fat32 and exfat with same results
Tried 1.3 and 1.4 TX
Removed boot.dat from sd card to see if I get boot.dat error and I do

Tried with dongle and trinket and same exact results

Thinking this switch is bricked from tx software
Ye sure it's TX not layered fs, dev menu, reinx and all the other sys hacks you have used. Has to be TX . Nice debug .

Last edited by DaveLister,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the most important thing to note,is always make a nand backup. Recovery seems impossible without it. Might change in future,but seriously, don't risk your switch with no nand backup

Last edited by Andalitez,

Squirelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only crash I've had is when I run NX-Shell, after installing NSP files (so I can delete them, without having to reboot/remove card). Console locks up on black screen, and have to press-hold power to force a reboot.

NX-Shell works fine if I run it first, but crashes every time after using SXOS to install NSP's.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You mean TX is not ensuring all the cross compatibility issues from all the shit being poured down the neck of our switches...

REFUND ! my lol banks are almost empty.

I have run nothing but TX and it works beautifully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo