Hacking SX OS 1.1 Is Out

DuelUtility

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We just confirmed, that SX OS not patched Fuse-Check only Fuse-Burn. So if you use 5.1 with the Flash Method (while you are on 4.X so you have 5 Fuses burned) the System Refuse to start.

SX Still need Patch the Fuse "Check" so unless, their Fuse-Burn Protection is useless. They just rushed it =(

Can I get some clarification here? I don't risk burning fuses, but SX OS doesn't let the actual OS run?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"To play online your game (XCI) files need to have a unique certificate embedded. We now properly emulate these certificates, so dumps that have them embedded will be able to play online!"

does this mean its ok to run your own backup with unique cert on CFW instead of OFW?
Yes but you run the risk of being banned so if you care about preserving your online status, do not do it. If you don't care, pirate away.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao you talk like Nintendo is reputable for things like this
Do you remember Wii, 3ds, Wii U bans? Me neither ! Because there wasn’t bans on those !!

i remember cart bans for 3ds, but i mean nintendo is awful at this sort of thing, i trust what the experts say but im inclined to believe they arent as good as they say.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember cart bans for 3ds, but i mean nintendo is awful at this sort of thing, i trust what the experts say but im inclined to believe they arent as good as they say.
Unfortunately, none of the devs work at Nintendo so at the end of the day its always speculation what causes a ban. We can only postulate reasons people may be or were banned. At the end of the day, its up to Nintendo to drop the ban hammer.

D

DeletedMember411838

everyone needs to get with the program and buy used nintendo switch games from gamestop, dump them with their respective certs via WAIN, and then return them to get your money woney honey back. I've been playing online since tuesday and no ban yet. lmao thanks gamestop

And there goes the used game market. Looks like all my games will have to be brand new going forward.

Reactions: tomhanks69

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!!
Did you see what i see?!

To play online your game (XCI) files need to have a unique certificate embedded. We now properly emulate these certificates, so dumps that have them embedded will be able to play online!

THIS PROBABLY MEANS YOU CAN DUMP A CERTIFICATE FROM A CERTAIN GAME AND INJECT IT TO ANOTHER GAME !
So we don't have to own the same game to do this

Nah they just mean they are presening them now, they still have to be unique. On 3DS you could prett much put any header in any game and bingo, Switch more advance and N is uniquely assigning cart certs.

D

DeletedMember411838

Right and i can't see nintendo really banning cart certs even if they detect the same cert connected online at the same time more than once because how can they prove who actually owns that cart,there not going to kill online play on used games.

Now BBB releases and other well known shared carts/certs online they have every right to ban.detecting a cert used on 100's/1000's of switches is obvious vs a few who may pick up the same used cart and dumping it.

Sure they can lol, and if you get banned legitimately (AKA a used copy) than you can return it. Or they may allow you to upload a photo with your cart, a paper with the date, ECT, showing you do in fact own the game.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah they just mean they are presening them now, they still have to be unique. On 3DS you could prett much put any header in any game and bingo, Switch more advance and N is uniquely assigning cart certs.

Remember when 3DS was like this too? That you couldn't play online with backups because of I don't know what, look at 3DS now... lets wait and same thing will happen with Switch.

D

DeletedMember411838

It was just speculation if ikr

It's not speculation lmfao.

The cert is sent to Nintendo, 100%.

There isn't bans yet because,

A. They likely don't have an automatic system in place yet.

B. They are not stupid, they are aware this is a hardware issue, and they can't recall everyone's switches. They are not going to ban 5 people today, when they can wait and ban 500,000 in a month. They are aiming to remove as many hackable switches at once as they can, guaranteed, it's a smart move.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Remember when 3DS was like this too? That you couldn't play online with backups because of I don't know what, look at 3DS now... lets wait and same thing will happen with Switch.

We do it on 3ds by generating headers ourself. That doesn't work on switch. 3DS's also still get banned, alot. However you can reverse a 3DS ban.

Niether of those apply to switch. Nintendo is not stupid, they do learn from past mistakes. Scries even said, the Switch is a 180 from any other Nintendo console, the Security in it is ridiculously good. We don't have a kernal exploits even, at all. The only reason we have what we do is Nvidia mess up.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not speculation lmfao.

The cert is sent to Nintendo, 100%.

There isn't bans yet because,

A. They likely don't have an automatic system in place yet.

B. They are not stupid, they are aware this is a hardware issue, and they can't recall everyone's switches. They are not going to ban 5 people today, when they can wait and ban 500,000 in a month. They are aiming to remove as many hackable switches at once as they can, guaranteed, it's a smart move.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We do it on 3ds by generating headers ourself. That doesn't work on switch. 3DS's also still get banned, alot. However you can reverse a 3DS ban.

Niether of those apply to switch. Nintendo is not stupid, they do learn from past mistakes. Scries even said, the Switch is a 180 from any other Nintendo console, the Security in it is ridiculously good. We don't have a kernal exploits even, at all. The only reason we have what we do is Nvidia mess up.

lets not get crazy with nintendo " not being stupid"

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that isnt true, it just means that you can dump the headers for the games that you physically own, and then use those online and you " should be fine" this wouldnt be important unless you wanted to go online or update.
You didn't understand what I was saying. That's okay, I was just referring to this bullet point right here:

To play online your game (XCI) files need to have a unique certificate embedded. We now properly emulate these certificates, so dumps that have them embedded will be able to play online! Beware though, it is *not* advised to share a certificate with multiple people. Your best option is to make a backup of your own cartridges for the games that you want to play online. A way to do this currently is using WAIN v0.0.3, which can be found here.
Emphasis added. This means they weren't properly emulating them before, even for those who already had private use dumps. This was proven when people who dumped their own carts tried to go online and got an error message saying the cart was banned, but were still able to go online with the original cart they dumped from. Obviously this means SXOS isn't reading the XCI file directly, otherwise certificates would have been supported on version 1.0.

D

DeletedMember411838

Yea I haven’t been online myself either lol only did updates in cfw
Updates should be fine according to SciresM

Updates are not fine lol. Running the game at all, and then going online isn't fine

I already posted in the other thread, check your emails. Nintendo has emailed me on a few occasions saying "Thanks for buying and Playing XXX game" they know. Every game you own, they know.

The games it happened to me on, Mario Kart (my daughters, never played online) and Kirby, (doesn't even have online). We didn't claim coins on either as it seems like a waste of time.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv...