Share your Switch Title IDs here! - Find Title IDs by Utilizing the Switch Parental Controls App

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Gyndemia, May 16, 2017.

1. Gyndemia
    OP

Gyndemia Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    TemitriteSV
    You can find Switch Title IDs by utilizing the Switch Parental Controls app!

Let's get straight to the point! By connecting the Parental Controls app to your Switch you can view Title IDs of any game that you own. Let me explain how simple it is to obtain a title ID: When you click on an icon of a game in the app, it sends you to your browser. In the link that it sends you to, there is the title ID, but only around a second after, it redirects you to Nintendo's site for the game. I bookmarked it as fast as I could for my titles and then was able to access the bookmarks on my PC. Reminder, this method only works if you have a mobile device that can open a browser that has quick bookmarking abilities, such as android + chrome. Here are the titles gathered so far:

Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Us3Wb5warcH4hb13Zb4bZsiOZ6q4IKirCxZPyhV1ReQ/

List of Title IDs found using this method

And to show you proof of it, here are examples of links I got them from.

Region free game example: (MK8D) https://ec.nintendo.com/apps/0100152000022000/US
    [If you replace US with any other region abbreviation it will load its region-respective site]
    Region free demo example: (Snipperclips) https://ec.nintendo.com/apps/0100D87002EE0000/US
    [Same as above, although as seen, demos link to their games, not the actual demo]
    Out of region demo example: (DQ Heroes 1&2 Japan) https://ec.nintendo.com/apps/0100930002EAA000/US
    [As you can see, the site won't load, unless you replace US with JP]
    Timed demo example: (Splatoon 2 GT) https://ec.nintendo.com/apps/010000A00218E000/US
    [The Testfire links to the game store or Nintendo's main site no matter what region you have it in]

Account title ID link: https://ec.nintendo.com/apps/[TITLE ID]/[two letter country abbreviation - eg GB, US, JP]

As seen above, some games are region locked and some aren't. For games like Puyo Puyo Tetris Japan Demo, there will be no page for the UK site because the game and its demos are based on region, unlike Snipperclips, meaning you can download all 3 versions of the Puyo Puyo Tetris Demo, but only one version of the Snipperclips Demo. Basically Puyo Puyo Tetris is region locked, and Snipperclips is not. If you are wondering why the Title IDs of games like Puyo Puyo Tetris are very different across regions, it must be noted that the Switch is region free and some games are region free as well, so with the region locked games a new system is in place as it isn't typical to have a number in the ID that marks the region anymore. You may also notice that the demo of a game redirects to the game itself. That is probably because the demo is not its own space on the eshop and is a side option for download. With demos like Splatoon 2 Testfire, it has it's own space on the eshop and I'm confident that the actual game will get a different ID than that demo. And oddly enough, the Splatoon 2 Testfire redirects to Nintendo's main site instead of for the game. If anyone has some insight into anything regarding Switch Title IDs please notify me of it in the discussion below. Speaking of discussions, why not share some of your Switch games' title IDs down below!

And some may be asking: "Why is this useful?"
    It is useful as later when hacks do come out we will already have a head start on title IDs, so it is possible to mod some games and we won't have to go through the small hassle of getting the IDs then. (and to give us something to do while we wait for said hacks)

Video

Also, there's a page on SwitchBrew: http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Title_list/Games

Contributors:
    @I pwned U! - Title ID Link Documentation
    @badpix11 - Title IDs
    @JohnathanMonkey - Title IDs
    @soaresden - Spreadsheet Recommendation
    @shinrukus - A ton of Title IDs
    @xXxSwagnemitexXx - Notifciation that Othello was remove from EUR eShop
    @DarkFlare69 - Title IDs
    @Dialexio - Title IDs
    @MisterAlex - Title IDs and Game IDs
    @Gyndemia - Finding this method, Title IDs, Game IDs, spreadsheet, video tutorial, writing this post

Last edited by Gyndemia, Sep 21, 2017
    MisterAlex, zezzo, zeldaism and 21 others like this.
  2. Splat_Red

Splat_Red GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2016
    United States
    Twinleaf Town
    Nice!
    Title ID's will totally be useful later down in the Modding Scene.

Gyndemia likes this.
  3. iAqua

iAqua

Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    Well aren't you a smart human :).

Deboog likes this.
  4. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Wait are certain games region free as in you can't get all of them with a US console?

5. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    Woah cool. Very nice!

Splat_Red likes this.
  6. TheGuyWhoDidAkbar

TheGuyWhoDidAkbar Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2017
    Gambia, The
    What's the whole point of this Luke

7. Gyndemia
    OP

Gyndemia Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    TemitriteSV
    Region Free in a console sense means that you can games from any region on it. For the Switch you can access other region's eShops by creating a new user and linking a Nintendo account with a different region tied to it. Region free in this sense that I am putting out means the game is the same no matter what eShop you buy it from, so for Snipperclips, even if you download it from the Japan eShop it will be the same as if you got it from the USA eShop and it will be played in the region of your console. For a game like Puyo Puyo Tetris, if you have a USA console and get it from the Japan eShop then you will play it in Japanese and if you get it from the USA eShop you will play it in English

kprovost7314 likes this.
  8. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Or you could just take a screenshot, put the SD Card in your PC and get the TitleID from the picture there.

9. Gyndemia
    OP

Gyndemia Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    TemitriteSV
    Just tried that, the Title IDs are always 16 characters long, not 32. Plus they don't match the title ID's from Nintendo's site.

dragonslayer817 likes this.
  10. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    I pwned U! is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    From what I gather, here is a full documentation of the URL format.

https://ec.nintendo.com/apps/[TITLE ID]/[two letter country abbreviation]

The language part is completely optional and changing it seems to have no effect on where you get redirected to..

Gyndemia likes this.
  11. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Wait, the parental controls app lets you see title IDs? Why did Nintendo even think this was a good idea?

12. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    What do you think they are? They are the same on a game with multiple screenshots.

13. Splat_Red

Splat_Red GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2016
    United States
    Twinleaf Town
    Nintendo is Nintendo please consider that lol

14. Gyndemia
    OP

Gyndemia Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    TemitriteSV
    They're definitely not Title IDs, that's for sure. Title IDs are always 16 digits long. It's possible they are just the IDs for the screenshots in general or some kind of secondary ID.

15. hitodesu

hitodesu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2017
    United States
    Keep up the good work! These are the kinds of threads I want to see!

Gyndemia likes this.
  16. MSco

MSco GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Very, very cool. :)
    I hope that I will be able to provide Super Bomberman R 's Title ID later this week.

Gyndemia likes this.
  17. badpix11

badpix11 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Serbia, Republic of
    Fairy World
    1-2 Switch: 01000320-000CC000

I posted them in another thread:
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT:
    And I bought Snipperclips: 010070400-0B3A000
    Downloaded
    [EU] Puyo Puyo Tetris - Demo: 01004B1-0031BE000

Last edited by badpix11, May 16, 2017
    Gyndemia likes this.
  18. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    TID aren't supposed to be ultra private stuff unlike keys, just per games info...

But well why not

ariankordi, AboodXD and Subtle Demise like this.
  19. ariankordi

ariankordi GBATemp Greg Joswiak

Oct 25, 2014
    United States
    /dev/null
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Do I see Nintendo using the same database for all things e-commerce since the Wii? And has it raw and accessible via poorly assembled JSP pages too?!

20. Gyndemia
    OP

Gyndemia Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    United States
    TemitriteSV
    Added Thumper, Disgaea 5 Demo, and a few others. Remember to contribute if you are able to!