Hacking Discussion SX EmuNAND is not real EmuNAND.

YeetedOn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolute bonkers. With the amount of bickering and salt in this thread I could build an entire castle.

That being said, I do think it really is necessary to inform people, especially for the lads who own SX OS, that this might potentially brick your console.
Obviously though it is thee who is taking the risk and no one is trying to stop you from doing so. Take your risk, and don't cry afterwards. It's this simple

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So TX fucked up again? I'm just going to sit here and just shake my head in disappointment. And here I thought they did something great. Turned out they did something not so great. At this point, it's $22 - $30 (Licence only) just to get that sexy ban.
yeah i also woke up and had that li'l "Well, TX, you're a lotta bastards, but you fuckin' did it, didn'tcha?!"
then the reality hoo boy

>He paid $20 for online
>He paid for his games
>He paid for SX OS
>He paid to have slow in-game load times
>He paid to get banned
At least you're not poor, right? ;)
i did this and i am poor
f to pay respek

Which is a false statement. A new thread for a false statement is a bad idea imho.
it was a for instance, not a statement
the actual thread title is accurate, whatever other discussion takes place
even if it was stated in the original release that 'EmuNAND' wasn't really EmuNAND

Absolute bonkers. With the amount of bickering and salt in this thread I could build an entire castle.
bickering and salt are inefficient building materials
bickering especially seems to be a concept, not a physical object that can be applied in construction
please get the necessary training and permits before you build things, it can avoid accidents when the concrete substitute falls apart screaming at the other parts of the building

Last edited by Darth Meteos,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That being said, I do think it really is necessary to inform people, especially for the lads who own SX OS, that this might potentially brick your console.
Obviously though it is thee who is taking the risk and no one is trying to stop you from doing so. Take your risk, and don't cry afterwards. It's this simple
Just. No. There is no way this can brick a console. It doesn't write to boot0 (only boot1), and it doesn't mess with partitions. It's turning a copy of your boot0, boot1, and user partition (minus free space) into files that are being copied to the free space in your user partition. It does this before it adds its magic to boot1, so in fact, I would speculate that the boot0/1 copies can be used to UNBRICK your console if needed in the future.

Last edited by urherenow,

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's evident, that you do not understand what the word "original" means.
By that definition, the original features by TX are:
- working backup loader in general
- XCI loader
- tiny USB-C dongle to boot Switch into RCM mode
- Emunand (yes, it IS a working emunand. Saying otherwise is a sign of a mental disability)
False, True, False, True
what do i win

D

Deleted User

That's not an analysis, that's a screenshot not detailing shit.

How do you know? Again, nobody has taken a look at the actual telemetry. Whether or not this is collected hasn't been proven, because again, you all ride the coattails of spoon feeders. Grab a PCAP for fuck's sake. Show us this will actually happen.

I don't own a Switch, so therefore, no, I can't. And what you're proving to me is that you'd believe that the sky is green if somebody told you it was.
Capture.PNG
If it's on the switchbrew.org. It can be pretty well assumed that it's a thing

Reactions: Ashura66

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you DO with it. Basically stay offline and your chances are as low as they can get
Well right now I use xcis on my sysnand and am offline when in cfw. But I wanna switch to a nsp + emunand setup but only if my ban chances decrease, stay the same, or only slightly increase.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well right now I use xcis on my sysnand and am offline when in cfw. But I wanna switch to a nsp + emunand setup but only if my ban chances decrease, stay the same, or only slightly increase.

Like i said if you stay offline, your chances are as low as they can get. Doesn't matter if you use .XCI or .NSP and"emunand" is pointless if you stay offline

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay