Hacking Question SX Core Noon Questions (Emunand, 2 SD Cards?)

MajinChibi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Everyone!

The SX Core is on the way to me and i have a few questions.
It seems like most of the FAQs information in the forum is mainly about SX pro.

Would be nice if somebody could answer them
upload_2020-7-5_9-12-30.gif
:)

I dont know the details but after a company installs my SX Core i

-make a nand backup
-create an emunand

I will use a Clean Sysnand for online gaming with original games (if i ever like to do that...)
I will also use the clean sysnand for local LAN Multiplayer with original games
And i will use emunand for homebrew and everything else, offline only

My Questions:
Do i need a micro sd card for clean sysnand and another one for emunand or can i use one for both?
Is local lan multiplayer possible with emunand? Or is that as risky als playing online with backuped games?

Is there anything i else i have to consider/must do´s?

Thank you in advance

(EDIT: Noob, not noon questions... what a start -.- )

Last edited by MajinChibi,
Reactions: LeviDL

abk14459

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use 2 cards to be safer. That’s what I do. For the card that you want to use online, you need to have the boot.dat file on the root to be able to get to the sx menu. From there you have 2 options. You can click boot ofw in the middle of the screen or click options and Tools and there should be an option that says something like boot legit. For that option, it will burn fuses like original boot so it’s as close as you can get to booting legit stock firmware without traces of mods

you can also just use 1 card for both ofw and cfw emunand but there’s speculation that Nintendo might be able to see what’s on your sd card and detect mods so people say 2 cards is better.

Last edited by abk14459,
Reactions: MajinChibi

rob531

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Core SX and also want to use two sd cards to be safer. However, I can’t find the actual process explained anywhere. For example, if I want to use ofw, do I boot holding the pwr button and vol+, then swap to the clean sd card before selecting’Boot original FW”?

Thanks for any help!

MajinChibi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a Core SX and also want to use two sd cards to be safer. However, I can’t find the actual process explained anywhere. For example, if I want to use ofw, do I boot holding the pwr button and vol+, then swap to the clean sd card before selecting’Boot original FW”?

Thanks for any help!

I ended up using just one card.

But if i would use two:

copy license and boot.dat to booth sd- carda.

insert card 1 --> power button + volume button --> create emunand.

Now when you like to use emunand insert card 1 --> power button + volume button --> enable emunand and boot cfw

if you like to use your ofw , insert card 2 ---> power butto + volum button --> boot ofw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat