Hacking Discussion SX Core / Lite Battery drain

Emeraldu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've got my Mariko Switch modded with SX Core about a month ago and since then I've noticed that the battery depletes even when the console is switched OFF (not in standby).
It will lose about 7% in 2-3 days (I must test again for exact numbers).
When on standby it will drain even faster, and that's normal, but when fully off, I wonder if it's the chip that is draining the battery. I mean it should be 100% after a few days.
Right ?
Battery-life.jpg

D

Deleted User

If the power is OFF then there is nothing for the SX Core to draw power from. Batteries just degrade over time.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the power is OFF then there is nothing for the SX Core to draw power from. Batteries just degrade over time.
Talking about battery degradation, what is the best practice to keep it healthy as long as possible?
1. Draining the battery while playing until it totally depletes, then re-charging fully.
2. Re-charging anytime without consideration of the % of power left, like what people do when they dock the Switch after they're done playing in handheld mode.

Emeraldu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes but 7% in 2 days for a new Li-ion battery is too much (mybswitch is new, made in 2020)
Only Ni-MH batteries self discharge so fast.

Emeraldu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The battery is the original one. Don't they have like a serial number so you can approximate the manufacturing date ?

Last edited by Emeraldu,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing to worry about unless it goes from 100% to 0% in few minutes, 7% drain in two days that is nothing, a battery would still drain even if the unit is completely shut off, you can leave a unit powered off for a few week and when you touch it agian it would be 0%.

pausuri

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have you tried to reset the Switch back to factory settings and test the Switch? Nothing to lose I guess

Last edited by pausuri,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
That high drain definitely isn't normal. Even my release Switch barely loses anything if powered off completely. 1 month of use won't wear the battery this much.

pausuri

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That high drain definitely isn't normal. Even my release Switch barely loses anything if powered off completely. 1 month of use won't wear the battery this much.

Yeah, that battery drain is definitely odd, could be a software based issue and maybe the factory reset helps with that ...

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're trusting arbitrary numbers.

It's nothing. It's just software assuming what the remaining battery life is. The modchip isn't draining anything as it only gets power when the system is powered on.

All battery readings are estimates. There's no this is without a doubt 97% battery life or whatever.

Not to mention, just like a cell phone, when your device is plugged into the wall, it's actually draining by as much as 10% and filling back up again, even though that percentage in the corner says 100% the entire time. I can only assume Nintendo is doing the same thing as it's common practice to do this and why you're not powering batteries at 100% constantly.

This is a non issue and there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Modificatorul

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably software does not display corect values.

if I remember correctly it took 3 hours to backup nand with your pny 512 card which eventually died completely, and was replaced by pny, and ended up using another microsd Lexar ? for backup another 1h.

Staying to long in sx os menu can create slight batery desync , maybe, not shore yet.

And i will do the discharge off batery to safe level to try to recalibrate.
"
CTCaer commented on 26 Apr 2019
What you need to do is to calibrate the percentage. so you need to do a
100% -> 0% (after HOS powers off drain the remaining via hekate to 3.2V) -> 100%. "

Except in this case i will use multimeter to see the vcc and stay in sx os meniu or
https://anonfiles.com/L3yepaA8o8/hekate_mariko_bin to watch the voltage

You can help by using it until the batery will deplete.
When you have time drop by.

Last edited by Modificatorul,
Reactions: Emeraldu

LiveMChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Emeraldu is right, sx core/lite/sx os don't power off properly similar with auto rcm bug.

When you power off a v2 with sx core is still draining 0.003A(around), to overcome this you need to press again the power button and keep pressed 10sec until is powered off properly this time.

Thanks TX for this and for the weist of time debuging your crap.
Tested on core, v2 ,10.1.0 fw , 1.3 core fw, and 3.0.4 crap.

So this need to by reported i will not, thank you.

P.S.
Buldge on the back solved, i hope now you are 150% satisfied.
View attachment 220251
Very funny you post this when I noticed a battery draining issue on my Lite.

Last edited by LiveMChief,
Reactions: Modificatorul

Emeraldu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you Anonymous for the fix. It worked, and you are right, the SX OS never fully shuts down when you power off.
To do this even better, just after you give the command for the console to shut down, there will be a circle like this dsadasdas.jpg letting you know that the console is about to shut down.
When you see that circle, keep the power button pressed for 10 seconds. The console won't power on then off again, but will go straight into full shut down and won't drain any battery anymore.

There's a very little downside to this, the chip will take a bit more to glitch the Nvidia Tegra next time when you power on. Just a few seconds more.

Edit: Forget the circle trick. Not working properly. Just hard reset the console after you turn it off (keep the power button pressed for 10 seconds and the console will shut down in the middle of boot sequence)

Last edited by Emeraldu,

pausuri

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That’s really interesting, just to clarify:

You’re saying that when the spinning icon comes up after switching off the Switch from the menu we have to press down the power button for 10 seconds to fully power off the device and to avoid the modchip to draw energy when the Switch is off?
Is that correct ?

Last edited by pausuri,

Emeraldu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That’s really interesting, just to clarify:

You’re saying that when the spinning icon comes up after switching off the Switch from the menu we have to press down the power button for 10 seconds to fully power off the device and to avoid the modchip to draw energy when the Switch is off?
Is that correct ?

Correct. This is the only way. If you miss the circle and press like 2 seconds after, then the console will restart (turn on then turn back off during the boot process and still won't drain battery but nobody wants to risk a corrupt sdCard)

The modchip isn't draining the battery. The Nvidia Tegra SoC is draining.

Last edited by Emeraldu,
Reactions: pausuri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello