Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
we had 5300 lines in one game, managed to translate every bit of it :)
I see, well at least you get done with the translation but I can already guess that probably 98% on translation needs to be rephrased just to fit it on game dialogue window.

Unless someone is already in your side to deal with those obstacles that most of translators have to deal with since they lack a ASM person for that thing.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Tales of Rebirth: Dialogs: (50099) string exactly, and some people still wonder why it's still not there...

well lol

I see, well at least you get done with the translation but I can already guess that probably 98% on translation needs to be rephrased just to fit it on game dialogue window.

Unless someone is already in your side to deal with those obstacles that most of translators have to deal with since they lack a ASM person for that thing.
well we were like 4 people :P

RazorGenesis7

Trophies
XP
Country
well, its been like 2 months and still only a few percent has been done. i heard that it took 8 months for team maverick to patch monsterhunter portable 3rd. its not even 100% patched, only 90%. is it going to take also 8 months for u guys to finish it or longer? i know that patience is a virtue but at least tell me the approximate month? btw, tnx for starting this project, really appreciated it. be wishin u guys luck.:yay:

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
well, its been like 2 months and still only a few percent has been done. i heard that it took 8 months for team maverick to patch monsterhunter portable 3rd. its not even 100% patched, only 90%. is it going to take also 8 months for u guys to finish it or longer? i know that patience is a virtue but at least tell me the approximate month? btw, tnx for starting this project, really appreciated it. be wishin u guys luck.:yay:

lol ok it seems like you didn't read the whole thread, you see, the game uses the installed DATA as primary data source, so we had to decrypt/extract the DATA to translate, but, we cannot encrypt/repack the DATA sadly, and the eboot doesn't read the decrypted/extracted DATA, sooooooooooo it's not like we translate by choice here :/

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also just to say, I don't want to quote myself, but who said it's a translation patch ?
Right now it's just me and tsuna having fun.

If we ever accomplish something, we'll deliver it. I'm really having a hard time getting some time to devote myself to the project (and Digimon World Re Digitize is a bit of a priority)
So it might take a while, if someone else wants to do it, no problem, but you'll have to deal with a big problem which I don't think most people here can't do something about it.
Even I'm having some issues (mostly due to lack of time though, it's not "THAT" hard, just time consuming for now)

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never said that.
It's just people jumping to conclusion too early, I always said I was going to work on it "when" I can, and for the moment I don't have much time, that's all, so if anyone wants to do it, I won't stop them or make them think there's a translation patch on the way, because it could be a lot faster if I only had this project, which I don't.

Laxus Dreyar

Lightning Dragon Slayer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well since the game was released somewhere mid March the team technically only worked on it for about a month.

Michael Tripp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe people just got caught up with how much progress seemed to be made early and assumed it might be finished in the summer. By translation standards that's an unreal expectation though I am one of those that fall into that trap as an outsider following such projects. Take your time with this and let it be an enjoyable hobby. Most of us will be here if and when its completeed down the road still.

Reizant

Awestruck
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just an idea for you magnificent people doing this. What if you went to the publisher with the translation, and asked it to be released outside Japan? At that point the translation would be already done, and thus the biggest localization issue dealt with. Then, as the game sells, you'd be getting money for it, having done the translation. Or that's how I think it would work. If you did that, I for one would surely buy it!
Anyways, great work, and I'd help if I could, but I lack the necessary know-how and stuff. Keep up the good work peeps! Hope it won't take forever.

YamiNekono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if you think that you're idea is good, I'm sorry to tell you that it's not that easy...

You want to send a fantranslation to the publisher who have not given their approval for the translation ?
... No you can't, If this method existed, we would not have so few games imported from Japan (example : the Visual Novel games)
Sometimes we have "special" cases (ef the first tale - Minori + Mangagamer + No Name Losers ) but I don't think SAO will have this chance...

And you want the publisher spends enough money to be released outside Japan, without knowing if it will really make a profit ?
If the game is realeased outside Japan, many will have the game but they will not buying it (if you see what I mean), publishers must be very careful about it...

( And this is not the only constraints ! )

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Just an idea for you magnificent people doing this. What if you went to the publisher with the translation, and asked it to be released outside Japan? At that point the translation would be already done, and thus the biggest localization issue dealt with. Then, as the game sells, you'd be getting money for it, having done the translation. Or that's how I think it would work. If you did that, I for one would surely buy it!
Anyways, great work, and I'd help if I could, but I lack the necessary know-how and stuff. Keep up the good work peeps! Hope it won't take forever.

ok, first of all say that we have a way of contacting them, let's say E-mail, all you will get is an automated e-mail saying "we thank you for your support blablabla we shall do our best to meet your requirements blablabla...etc about being good fans and shizzle", but let's say you don't, and there is a human being behind that e-mail, "Greetings we already have our localization team and we saw that the game will not sell too much outside of japan so we decided not to make it", but let's say they agree, "greetings we like the idea about you translating the game and shizzle, but i don't think you have the translation level to get the most accurate strings to our game, so we are sorry", but let's say we have japanese speakers and readers "Greetings we notice how big of fans you guys are but the game will just get dumped and no one will be buying it blablabla, the psp is dying blablabla, this was our last game on this console blablabla" there will always be a reason.

Reactions: YamiNekono

Reizant

Awestruck
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As I said, it was just an idea, nothing more. I did not ask anyone to do anything, nor did I say how things should happen. I am sincerely sorry, if I was misunderstood, as my point was that the whole project is great, and I did not know much about this, but I had a thought as to how someone might possibly make a profit of it, if they wanted to. If it doesn't work that way, too bad, and the officials are stupid. No one has to do anything about it, at least I'm not saying anything like that. Anyways, the team and the project has my complete support, which is unfortunately pretty much nothing, as I can't do anything to help. :cry:
Anyways, just keep up the good work, and hopefully it will be done someday.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
As I said, it was just an idea, nothing more. I did not ask anyone to do anything, nor did I say how things should happen. I am sincerely sorry, if I was misunderstood, as my point was that the whole project is great, and I did not know much about this, but I had a thought as to how someone might possibly make a profit of it, if they wanted to. If it doesn't work that way, too bad, and the officials are stupid. No one has to do anything about it, at least I'm not saying anything like that. Anyways, the team and the project has my complete support, which is unfortunately pretty much nothing, as I can't do anything to help. :cry:
Anyways, just keep up the good work, and hopefully it will be done someday.

you weren't, i contacted konami about TAG FORCE 6 in the same way, they first Auto-reply to me, then someone from Konami japan with a really bad english, told me that the Localization team was funded by 4kids, and that the contract problems stopped the localization team from working, and that they abondonned the idea after 3 months.

EDIT: anyways, can anybody give me a hand to translate this list, i think it's an in-game status list:
よう!
おう!
どうも
はあい
ども!
おいっす!
おう! お前もな!
はい どうも
うん?
どーもー!
しつこいな
しつけーぞ!
しつこいですよ
しつこいなー
しつこいぞ!
しつこいと嫌われますよ

Reizant

Awestruck
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For some S&G, I asked google translate. I'm pretty sure none of that qualifies as a status list.
Example: "しつこいと嫌われますよ" -> "You'll be hated and persistent"
I know that's not accurate, but it does give a clue as to what it might be. Just saiyan'. ;)

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
i know what they are lol, just can't get a good translation, they are japanese respect prefixes or some shizzle, like XXX-san, YYY-Domo, ZZZ-SENSEI, etc...

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok,here is what I've got,it won't be 100% perfect but atleast it's something​
よう!= Yo (pronounced yo in japanese,means something like "this way" referred as:This way the plan will not fail(example))​
おう!= O (king)​
どうも = Domo (prolonged o,"somewhat" or somehow)​
はあい =Hai (yes)​
ども!= Domo("somehow" or "somewhat",again)​
おいっす! =Oisu ("Understod" is the most apropiate)​
おう! お前もな! = Ou OMaeMoNa (I guess it means "you too")​
はい どうも = Hai doumo​
うん? = UN? ( "yes?" asking it)​
どーもー! = Dōmō,Doooomooo (prolonged o)
しつこいな = Shitsukoina ("forgot" or something similar)​
しつけーぞ! Shitsuke-zo (don't really know this one)​
しつこいですよ =Shitsukoidesuyo ("persistent")​
しつこいなー =Shitsukoi na-(persistent,said in a dissapointing manner)​
しつこいぞ!=Shitsukoi zo ("persistent" or "always" depends on the meaning of the whole frase)​
しつこいと嫌われますよ = Shitsukoi to kirawa remasu yo(you always hated him/her/it,whatever is the case)​
I hope it is correct,I have an app for the hiragana so it helped a little.Would be a lot easier with katakana translations​

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
thank you, that is some text i found in the Decrypted eboot, there is more, but sadly it all system strings, like saving dialogs and shizzle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4