switchroot android 11 hanging on lineageOS logo when rebooting to recovery mode on first install

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure i followed all the instructions correctly, OLED switch with i think a picofly modchip (booting with no sd card shows the logo with the raspberry pi fly thing not the rocket one, i read the rocket one isn't compatible but this shouldn't be that), using a 1TB sd card (its legit i tested it), and the partition size i created with hekate was 75GB so its def big enough, but after flashing android and pressing reboot to recovery mode it just hangs on the light blue screen with the lineageOS logo forever?

the only discrepancy i noticed with any of the guides was that when i initially partitioned with hekate it asked me something like if i wanted to do the partition as Dynamic for 13+ or Legacy for 10, 11, or 12 i think, i wasn't sure exactly what that was for but I chose dynamic because I'm using what seems to be the latest release so it wouldn't be legacy right? any ideas how to fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 3.24.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 3.24.21 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 11

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest release of switchroot is still Android 11.
any idea why it's hanging on this screen then? i followed https://wiki.switchroot.org/wiki/android/11-r-setup-guide and the sthetix guides.

i just opened up the switch to check and this is the chip im using, is it compatible?
Post automatically merged:

finally managed to get it working by starting over and reformatting everything and chosing "Legacy" this time when asked about the android partition type. idk why there's an option for android 13 compatibility if 11 is the newest version of switchroot but i hope this helps somebody in the future and the guide should probably be updated to reflect this

Attachments

• 1711836399804.png
    1711836399804.png
    532.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by autumns,

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same issue. What you want to do is replace the everything with the Android files (its the bootloader) then you should get an error to update the payload. Get the latest Hekate and replace that bootloader. Delete the lineage folder on the sd card and do another partition but this time skip.

There are some file or a file from the Android files that needs to be on the SD card thats why replacing it will change something on the SD card and then replace it with a brand new Hekate should keep the files updated.

Bramario

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I had the same issue. What you want to do is replace the everything with the Android files (its the bootloader) then you should get an error to update the payload. Get the latest Hekate and replace that bootloader. Delete the lineage folder on the sd card and do another partition but this time skipg

There are some file or a file from the Android files that needs to be on the SD card thats why replacing it will change something on the SD card and then replace it with a brand new Hekate should keep the files updated.
Hi, can you elaborate this? i tried to replace the bootloader along with payload to the updated hekate after formatting but when i tried to flash the android is still going back to hekatee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.