Gaming Switching R4 saves to a new microSD card

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it ever possible to do this without the save files corrupting? I just got a new microSD to replace some junky generic one that kept giving me corrupt saves in normal play...the new one's been perfect so far in that respect, but like I've noticed before when switching from other cards, all my old saves went corrupt in the process. I still have the old card + backup, but is there any way to get the old save data to work on the new card? Thanks.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it ever possible to do this without the save files corrupting? I just got a new microSD to replace some junky generic one that kept giving me corrupt saves in normal play...the new one's been perfect so far in that respect, but like I've noticed before when switching from other cards, all my old saves went corrupt in the process. I still have the old card + backup, but is there any way to get the old save data to work on the new card? Thanks.
This isn't normal, and doesn't happen with the average situation. You should just be able to drag them over and have them work. How are you getting them over? Maybe your sd card is already damaged and doesn't handle transfers well.

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I only have one card reader slot, I copy the contents of the original microSD to a folder, then paste it onto the new microSD card. The games themselves don't corrupt at all, just the save files. It also happens when transferring from completely good cards (I've upgraded from low-capacity but good quality cards a couple of times).

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is helpful info or not, but certain games seem more resistant to the transfer corruption - I've never had Henry Hatsworth corrupt, and in the past, New Super Mario Bros. only semi-corrupted (I got a message about corrupt save data but was still able to resume my game). I think every other game I've tried it with had the save go bad, though - some examples being Devil Survivor, Retro Game Challenge, Lux-Pain...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*