Hacking Switched from ReiNX to Atmosphere, some titles stopped working

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Today I switched from ReiNX to Atmosphere (latest official build) and a few titles stopped working.

Super Mario Bros U DX and the patched YouTube app give me "The software closed because an error occurred" and with Doom the console freezes on a black screen (before the Nintendo/Nintendo switch logos appear). Additionally, I can no longer install the NSPs for those titles in Goldleaf (v0.3), it gives me an error - the NSP could not be opened, something like that (the Doom/Doom update NSPs install, but like I said when I open it the console locks up). All my NSPs are downloaded from the internet.

Games that DO work include Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, Celeste, Arms, 1-2-Switch, KORG Gadget, Senran Kagura Reflexions, Stardew Valley, Zelda BOTW and Mario Kart 8 DX.

DarthItachiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I switched from ReiNX to Atmosphere (latest official build) and a few titles stopped working.

Super Mario Bros U DX and the patched YouTube app give me "The software closed because an error occurred" and with Doom the console freezes on a black screen (before the Nintendo/Nintendo switch logos appear). Additionally, I can no longer install the NSPs for those titles in Goldleaf (v0.3), it gives me an error - the NSP could not be opened, something like that (the Doom/Doom update NSPs install, but like I said when I open it the console locks up). All my NSPs are downloaded from the internet.

Games that DO work include Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, Celeste, Arms, 1-2-Switch, KORG Gadget, Senran Kagura Reflexions, Stardew Valley, Zelda BOTW and Mario Kart 8 DX.

Seems like your micro sd card got corrupted ... try reformatting.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

if you use kosmos (as i would assume), it has sig patches that prevent you from installing and runnig modified nsps (i might be wrong with this explanation, but i had this kind of problem as well after switching from rei to atmos quite some time ago)..So what i did was just installed a fresh atmos and found myself sig patches seperatley from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/
And you should be fine then.. But that would be it if your sd is not corrupted (if these games still run well on reinx).

Last edited by bad361,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why switch ? You can always have two CFW on your micro SD. You do not have to switched from ReiNX to Atmosphere at all. :)

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReiNX doesn't have layeredFS or the ability to run homebrew with full RAM access. Plus Atmosphere apparently has FW 7.0 support.

fs_mitm.kip system module provides layeredFS.

Retroarch .nsp gives full ram access what other Homebrew app do you need to have full access?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ReiNX doesn't have layeredFS or the ability to run homebrew with full RAM access. Plus Atmosphere apparently has FW 7.0 support.

1) ReiNX has supported LayeredFS (fs_mitm.kip) for ages, and since the 6.2 has been enabled by default
2) Not sure what your doing by I've got full ram access
3) Atmosphere does not have PUBLIC 7.0 support at the moment. It requires you to have the 7.0 keys which only a hand full of devs currently have

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch .nsp gives full ram access what other Homebrew app do you need to have full access?
Literally the only Retroarch core that needs full ram is mupen64plus(-next) which isn't compatible with NSPs lol. DOOM3 also needs full ram, can't really think of any others though. Title replacement has other advantages over album, like being able to suspend it (going back to the home menu without completely closing it), and not being considered as "legacy" by devs

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally the only Retroarch core that needs full ram is mupen64plus(-next) which isn't compatible with NSPs lol. DOOM3 also needs full ram, can't really think of any others though. Title replacement has other advantages over album, like being able to suspend it (going back to the home menu without completely closing it), and not being considered as "legacy" by devs
Does reinx support title replacement tho?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does reinx support title replacement tho?
Idk. I've never used ReiNX

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Title replacement it a layeredFS thing is it not? ReiNX supports LayeredFS. I've been running it for a while now with mods and what not (I also title replace devmenu with devmenu)
Not layeredFS, it's a thing ams's loader sysmodule reimplementation does

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU