Hacking Switched from R4

g4med4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just got my Acekard 2, loaded AKAIO v1.1r2, games and save files. Seems like my save files from R4 cannot be recognized by the AK2. Do I need to convert my save files? If so, how do I do that?

Seems like the in-game soft-reset works for some games but not all. It worked on Mario Kart but not in Pokemon Diamond, any idea why? These are the only 2 games I've tried since I got the AK2 about 15 mins ago.

Some side comments on the AK2 as compared to the R4.
-The build quality of the AK2 is certainly less sturdy than the R4 even so with the V2 of the R4.
-Great GUI and menu options.
-Liked the calendar and time feature very much.
-MicroSD slot has a weird feel. The spring seems a bit off. Does not spring very well. Still functional but have to be careful when inserting and removing the MicroSD card.
-The USB interface of the MicroSD card reader that came with the AK2 is a tad bigger than most USB interface making it a little more difficult to plug in. Plus the whole reader is made of plastic(including the USB interface) making it not as strong. Extra care required.

g4med4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! You guys sure are quick with replies!
smile.gif

I thought I might just try to rename my R4 save files(.SAV) to AK2 save files (.sav) and that worked too.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

R4 to AceKard2 saves don't need any conversion.

Just make sure they are lowercase, as you've said.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeVante said:
Yes.

R4 to AceKard2 saves don't need any conversion.

Just make sure they are lowercase, as you've said.
I've never really understood why the lowercase letters matter so much.

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:

The binary codes for upper and lower case letters are different. The importance of either is dependent on the application. If an application is not case sensitive, usually it will convert any character string to all upper or all lower case before working with it to prevent conflicts (like a non-case sensitive password).

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aerundel said:
golden said:

The binary codes for upper and lower case letters are different. The importance of either is dependent on the application. If an application is not case sensitive, usually it will convert any character string to all upper or all lower case before working with it to prevent conflicts (like a non-case sensitive password).
So the RPG is case sensitive?

o RedSheLL x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]The binary codes for upper and lower case letters are different. The importance of either is dependent on the application. If an application is not case sensitive, usually it will convert any character string to all upper or all lower case before working with it to prevent conflicts (like a non-case sensitive password).
[/quote]
Cool

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:

If AK2 (what I have) is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure it is, since that's the easiest way to code it. It actually takes more code to make something not case sensitive, if you go about it the way I described in my post. So basically the firmware makes a save file by copying the .nds filename, character for character, and then adds .sav or .SAV (whatever the code tells it to do).

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aerundel said:
golden said:

If AK2 (what I have) is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure it is, since that's the easiest way to code it. It actually takes more code to make something not case sensitive, if you go about it the way I described in my post. So basically the firmware makes a save file by copying the .nds filename, character for character, and then adds .sav or .SAV (whatever the code tells it to do).
Heh, cool. You seem to know a lot about coding. Want to give normmatt and smiths a hand on their awesome custom firmwares?

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
Heh, cool. You seem to know a lot about coding. Want to give normmatt and smiths a hand on their awesome custom firmwares?

I switched from computer to electrical engineering because I didn't want to code
wink2.gif
These are just a some of the things you'll pick up if you take an intro to C or C++ course.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
yep.. case sensitive crap is annoying.

worse part is I believe the AK2 will load a file if the extension is .SAV or .sav.... but it matches it to the extension of the NDS rom.

I'm hazy right now but i remember doing the save extension conversion routines (.nds.sav -> .sav) required so much random crap relating to the case of the extension.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What firmware do you use?

If you use the official one then yes you do, but if you use AKAIO you just need to press select.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock