Hacking Switch will only boot to RCM, black screen when trying to boot into CFW or stock firmware

Scopeman3x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I've run into this issue when trying to run CFW, I have a non patched switch and I use fusee-gelee. I can boot into RCM fine and push the hekate payload but when I try to run CFW, or even stock firmware I get a black screen before the switch logo is supposed to appear, even if I turn on my switch, remove my SD card and just try to boot normally nothing happens, the switch wont turn on at all, the only way to use my switch currently is with a jig and booting into RCM.

Is my switch bricked? Or are perhaps the power pins damaged? I've already tried to reformat my sd card to fats32 and redownload everything, but I'm still stuck in the same place.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all you shouldn't be able to boot into original firmware if you installed auto-rcm, without selecting the option from sx/hekate menu.
how'd everything go before you pushed any payloads or set up your microsd?

did you make dumps/backups first? might have to do some extra searching on this until someone gets back to you
but if it booted before settting anything up and or installing autoRCM (if you did this at all) id try again with the microSD, just grabbing the minimum atmosphere pack from sdsetup.com

you didn't do any emunand/emuMMC setup did you?

Last edited by jkjj,

Scopeman3x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I solved the issue, nintendo is dumb and doesn't install the exfat sd drivers until you put an exfat sd inside the switch, since I didn't have an SD before attempting hacking, and my sd was exfat, that caused a black screen since I also had internet disabled and the drivers werent downloaded.

Either way if it happens to anyone else, format to fat32 and it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7