Hardware Switch SD card issue

Yoshiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch can only recognize SD cards in hekate and in atmosphere when it's pushed into its slot with lots of pressure. As soon as I release it from that and it clicks in like it should, the switch dosent recognize it. Is there any way to fix this?

D

Deleted User

Atmosphere boots from sd.... meaning that if Atmosphere is booted your sd card is readable.

When you enter Homebrew Menu does it say cannot find any apps?

Yoshiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant that hekate only loads The Nyx ui and can read that an SD card is in so it can boot atmosphere when I'm forcefully pushing the SD card farther into the slot further than I normally should.

If I stop forcing the SD card into the switch the switch basically can't read it.

The card is fine I think; My computer can read it and the switch can read it fine when I'm holding it in, it's just I think pushing the card in farther than it normally rests at might cause damage.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a hardware issue. Might need a new SD reader, but I'm not a hardware guy, someone else might give you a more accurate diagnosis.

E: also does stock firmware recognise the SD inserted normally, if you boot without RCM/CFW?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My switch can only recognize SD cards in hekate and in atmosphere when it's pushed into its slot with lots of pressure. As soon as I release it from that and it clicks in like it should, the switch dosent recognize it. Is there any way to fix this?
The SD reader is on a separate module and is not soldered in so it can be easily replaced. Just be careful that you don't damage the connector on the mainboard (which is somewhat fragile) as that wouldn't be as easy to fix.

In fact, you only need to take the back plastic shell off to access the SD reader module, you don't even have to remove the metal shielding.

Yoshiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... ok I thought it would be a hardware issue

I'm on vacation rn so when I come back home Ill try to open the switch

I have no idea what I'd be doing lol... any tips or things I'd need to get?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Watch a couple videos showing how people remove the connector so you don't damage it.

All you need is a replacement reader, a small Phillips head and a small y-head screwdriver.

Its the easiest repair on the switch

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Watch a couple videos showing how people remove the connector so you don't damage it.

All you need is a replacement reader, a small Phillips head and a small y-head screwdriver.

Its the easiest repair on the switch
To be specific, it needs to be Y00 size. Too small and it won't grip at all, too big and it'll be likely to cam out and damage the screw. It shouldn't require much downward force at all to get it to grip the screw. The more force you have to apply, the more likely it is to do damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...