Switch power button stopped working, powered off ,can’t boot anymore

  • Thread starter Thread starter jokkergsm
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,770
  • Replies Replies 4

jokkergsm

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
47
XP
42
Country
Romania

Hi guys,​

​

A few weeks ago my power button stopped working but it didn’t bother me too much as i used the home button to wake and pw off when needed.(actually the button worked ok when there was an error that required to press the power to reboot)​

​

I wanted to change the sd card and had to power it off(it had full battery).​

​

Now it doesn't go to rcm mode.​

​

I removed the battery and connected back after at least 10min.​

​

I tried connecting usb to pc with vol button pressed before. I also tried with jig.​

​

The actual button is functional as i opened and tested, it has 3.8v and goes to 0v when pressed.​

​

The switch is modded with atmosphere and autorcm enabled.​

​

​

 
You can replace the switch power button and volume pcb if the zif connector on the motherboard is good.
 
The power button worked before i powered off the console, but only in certain conditions as i said earlier.
I am sure it is not a hw failure with the power flex as long there is 3.8v on it, i am guessing something’s wrong with some ic somewhere after the flex.
 
Well it suppose to work 100% of the time, if it doesn't work 100% of the time, it is probably the pcb.
 

Site & Scene News