Switch Oled emmc replaced

R0nny01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello all. I do have a switch oled with a new blank emmc. switch wont boot because boot0 and boot1 are missing and because its empty..
i do not have a backup from the old emmc.

I do have BOOT0 and BOOT1 from other Switch.

is there a way to write these files to the emmc with the rp2040(picofly)?

lcd connector is also bad, so i cant see anything right now on screen. ordered a new lcd connector and still waitin

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yes, I think that is possible because some people mention fixing their bricked picoflyed Switch.
You won't be able to run the OFW with the eShop and stuff but using a CFW like Atmosphere or Hekate should be no problem.

With a working picofly you should be able to boot into hekate and restore the emmc with a donor Switch.

Usually you would use lockpick to get the console keys but in your case I think it can be done with hactool.

I think this was the latest thread but maybe do a search of the forum.
After the picofly showed up, a lot changed.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-way-to-unbrick-your-nintendo-switch.530961/

R0nny01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how do you know boot0 and boot1 missing at first place?
If that is the case, mmcblknx or any emmc programmer should be able to fix this.
I assume that there is no boot0 and boot1 because it's a new empty emmc. I do have the old emmc but I'm unable to get content out of it. I soldered the old emmc to an emmc board from a v1 switch to try to dump the old emmc with unpachted switch. Unfortunately the emmc is dead. Is it possible to hook up the new blank emmc to the emmc board of the v1 switch to flash boot0 and boot1 without removing the emmc itself? So far I couldn't find a way to flash the emmc through the rp2040.

Attachments

• IMG_20231206_000730.jpg
    IMG_20231206_000730.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20231206_000706.jpg
    IMG_20231206_000706.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited by R0nny01,

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I assume that there is no boot0 and boot1 because it's a new empty emmc. I do have the old emmc but I'm unable to get content out of it. I soldered the old emmc to an emmc board from a v1 switch to try to dump the old emmc with unpachted switch. Unfortunately the emmc is dead. Is it possible to hook up the new blank emmc to the emmc board of the v1 switch to flash boot0 and boot1 without removing the emmc itself? So far I couldn't find a way to flash the emmc through the rp2040.

Its possible to boot with a blank eMMC with Sxcore and writable Hwfly chips with this firmware:

https://github.com/hwfly-nx/firmware/releases

But with rp2040 i dont know, sorry.
Post automatically merged:

One more thing, dont flash your v1 boot0/1 on your OLED, because are imcompatible. You need to buid it from scratch with Emmchaccgen

Last edited by zal16,

R0nny01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Its possible to boot with a blank eMMC with Sxcore and writable Hwfly chips with this firmware:

https://github.com/hwfly-nx/firmware/releases

But with rp2040 i dont know, sorry.
Post automatically merged:

One more thing, dont flash your v1 boot0/1 on your OLED, because are imcompatible. You need to buid it from scratch with Emmchaccgen

I do have boot0, boot1 and prod.keys from an other oled switch. Managed to get the files from a friend. Does this work? I don't care about OFW or eshop kind of things.

If I can't flash the files with the rp2040, I could maybe try to wire up the emmc to the v1 switch to flash the files over there. Thanks for the info. I don't have any emmc reader so this is my only option. I do have the rp2040 from aliexpress with the cpu flex and dat0 adapter. Don't know exactly where the difference is.

Could someone maybe explane the differences between rp2040 and hwfly?

Here is a Pic of my picofly chip.

Attachments

• s-l1200.jpg
    s-l1200.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 39

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I do have boot0, boot1 and prod.keys from an other oled switch. Managed to get the files from a friend. Does this work? I don't care about OFW or eshop kind of things.

If I can't flash the files with the rp2040, I could maybe try to wire up the emmc to the v1 switch to flash the files over there. Thanks for the info. I don't have any emmc reader so this is my only option. I do have the rp2040 from aliexpress with the cpu flex and dat0 adapter. Don't know exactly where the difference is.

Could someone maybe explane the differences between rp2040 and hwfly?

Here is a Pic of my picofly chip.
Really, the best solution is you wire up ( soldering direct on the board is better) your Blank eMMC on the v1 switch, download the most recent switch firmware , and Emmchaccgen. Flash only the boot0/1 created with Emmchaccgen (dont use the donor boot0/1, unless you know the firmware version is equal or upper to your console. Put back the eMMC on your OLED and start picofly.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you have the right amount of jumper wire?
I dont see CMD or CLK there. And only one dataline would probably make you trouble when dumping raw

R0nny01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I soldered Dat0, CMD, CLK, VCC, VCCQ and GND. The blank emmc on v1 board showed up in hekate. The generated Boot0 and Boot1 are smaller then original boot files. Is that normal?

Attachments

• IMG_20231206_160505.jpg
    IMG_20231206_160505.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 17018820059882650742723660020082.jpg
    17018820059882650742723660020082.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 33

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I soldered Dat0, CMD, CLK, VCC, VCCQ and GND. The blank emmc on v1 board showed up in hekate. The generated Boot0 and Boot1 are smaller then original boot files. Is that normal?
thats normal. dump 4MB boot0/1 just full of 00 empty data at the bottom. I confirmed flashing this EmmcHaccGen with no issue

R0nny01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, i soldered the emmc back to mainboard. Boot0 and Boot1 flashed with success. Picofly seems to glitch with success. Current draw looks good too. Next step is to wait for new screen connector, because i broke mine. Is there a way to atleast check if the switch actually boots into hekate without screen?

Attachments

• IMG_20231206_213458_edit_455165654773776.jpg
    IMG_20231206_213458_edit_455165654773776.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i soldered the emmc back to mainboard. Boot0 and Boot1 flashed with success. Picofly seems to glitch with success. Current draw looks good too. Next step is to wait for new screen connector, because i broke mine. Is there a way to atleast check if the switch actually boots into hekate without screen?

You need a working screen to see it boot into Hekate, hekate doesn't show up when docked.

R0nny01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, I understand. I can at least try to dump the prod.keys from it by pushing lockpick_rcm and simultaneously do the same thing on my v1. If done right I should get the keys, right? At the same time I would see if the switch could launch a payload or not.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I understand. I can at least try to dump the prod.keys from it by pushing lockpick_rcm and simultaneously do the same thing on my v1. If done right I should get the keys, right? At the same time I would see if the switch could launch a payload or not.

I guess you can if you figure out how to load it up and dump the keys without a working screen.

R0nny01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I now got the prod.keys from my dead switch. stupid me that i broke screen connector -.-

So now i need to rebuild nand with my just obtained keys and flash it back to emmc, right?

R0nny01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, i know i need an emmc programmer for my later projects, but is an emmc programmer necessary if im able to write to the emmc with hekate? I dont think so, correct me if im wrong.

Saved a screenshot of lockpick_rcm.

Attachments

• lockpick_rcm.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 24

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i know i need an emmc programmer for my later projects, but is an emmc programmer necessary if im able to write to the emmc with hekate? I dont think so, correct me if im wrong.

You can load up hekate without the emmc on the OLED?

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada

dumping prod.key from different emmc wouldnt work since cal0 unmatch. But dumping anything raw should be fine.
1701900968983.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch