Hardware Hacking Switch OLED 256gb NAND upgrade

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Density is written 512GB which is not what you're alluding to. You cannot have 64GB in your part number and have 512GB density.

From micron pages you can clearly see it written as capital B as in Bytes not bits to be consistent with the rest.

Though after thinking more about it I believe there's an error perhaps 512GB was a mistake. No way to find out until these micron b!tches open up their datasheets to the public not just their business partners.
Right, they got the units wrong in the density field, should be Gb not GB.
Looking here, datasheet appears to be the same for 64GB and 128GB variants, and part number for 128GB is MTFC128GAXAQEA:

screenshot_2023-09-18_11-45-51.png

A 512GB variant would have part number MTFC512GAXAQEA, as far as I know Micron doesn't make one.

Doesn't matter, the chip is available on Mouser vor 5,71€...
It's never ever a 512gb emmc chip.
These two are 512 GB chips.
Ferri emmc (Silikon Motion)
SM662PBF-BESS 512gb

Flexxon
FEMC512GBG-E540 512gb
Can't find a source for the Flexxon, but that Ferri is indeed 512 GByte. A bit expensive, but very tempting...

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
The reason why nobody is making it because its obsolete. It makes no economical sense to continue making higher density on an inferior interface unless of course it becomes fairly cheap in which the equation may flip but since its on par with UFS pricewise and perhaps even more expensive we will not be seeing them.

mmxyssky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to know how to mount my emmc OLED version to linux through memloader.bin. After selecting it, the machine goes into a black screen.
Post automatically merged:

If you put the emmc on a nand board and program the partition and configure the emmc right using a unpatched erista. While having the OLED nand info on it. You can make it work. After that transplant it to the OLED. Use hekate to fix a few things. I did this for a mariko. With all the new improvement programs and stuff it’s probably easier and don’t need a unpatched. (Haven’t done a emmc upgrade in about 2 years now)
I just want to know how to mount my emmc OLED version to linux through memloader.bin. After selecting it, the machine goes into a black screen.

Correct, spacecraft firmware cannot handle it.

HWFLY-NX recognizes the situation and fixes it because I needed it on two OLED switches where I placed 256GB. If you have a full NAND backup, you can place an empty NAND and the firmware will write the necessary parts to your eMMC. You may contact me for details.
Hello, I am using a V2-OLED machine. I used a programmer to write the original 64GB into 256G, but it was not recognized. I followed the tutorial, but the tutorial only covered the V1 machine. How should I proceed?

Last edited by mmxyssky,

zal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hello, I am using a V2-OLED machine. I used a programmer to write the original 64GB into 256G, but it was not recognized. I followed the tutorial, but the tutorial only covered the V1 machine. How should I proceed?
The menloader only works with V1 consoles. You need to use Hekate (under tools/usb tools) to mount the desired partitions (Boot0/1 or eMMC RAW GPP)

Your programmer mounts the Boot0/1 partitions? Probably you only writed the the RAW GPP.

mmxyssky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The menloader only works with V1 consoles. You need to use Hekate (under tools/usb tools) to mount the desired partitions (Boot0/1 or eMMC RAW GPP)

Your programmer mounts the Boot0/1 partitions? Probably you only writed the the RAW GPP.
I'm not sure if the programmer can copy boot, but it can be turned on normally (but very slow), but I have a backup of boot0/1.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter, the chip is available on Mouser vor 5,71€...
It's never ever a 512gb emmc chip.
These two are 512 GB chips.
Ferri emmc (Silikon Motion)
SM662PBF-BESS 512gb

Flexxon
FEMC512GBG-E540 512gb
Would these brands work on modded Switches?
Or do the manufacturers need to match with what Nintendo uses during production?

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or do the manufacturers need to match with what Nintendo uses during production?
I don't tested it (to expensive) but it should work.
In 2020 I installed a very old bga 169 emmc 4.1 8gb chip to a daughter board and hekate could read it.
So yes I'm 99% sure it's working fine.

Last edited by evil_santa,
Reactions: FR0ZN

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You need to check the specification sheet if they use the same interface. Someone saying it works without testing means you will be the guinea pig.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's emmc 5.1 specification it's working.
Only problem I see could the modchip.
I will sacrifice myself :D
Is there any good source to order one of them?

I have a spare HWFLY OLED here (the first generation) with HWFLY-NX installed on it.
The eMMC interposer is currently beeing manufactured, so all this might take a few weeks.

EDIT:

I had a look at the Silicon Motion product line and saw that they currently have 4 512GB eMMCs in their portfolio
https://www.siliconmotion.com/products/Ferri-eMMC/detail :

SM662PXF-BFS
SM662PEF-BFS
SM662PAF-BFS
SM662PBF-BFS

On the internet I can see that your example (SM662PBF-BESS) exists/existed but not on their page - could it be that it's an old part that is no longer in production?

EDIT 2:

I filtered it on DigiKey - even those 4 chips don't show on SM website wth?

https://www.digikey.com/en/products...EABaO0UHVWcNMCl6WGZQsKSFJRUndVcQKRpNPUQmcRKgA

Last edited by FR0ZN,
Reactions: madisonswitch

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: FR0ZN

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to maximize the console's capabilities. I already have a 1TB micro SD installed, but I want to maximize the internal memory too, as it is slightly faster and there are no more investments (UFS is the future) in capacities greater than 256GB (which constitutes a definitive upgrade). If one day a 2TB micro SD comes along, I won't hesitate to buy it (as long as it's not at stratospheric prices, of course)
get a 1.5-2.0 TB micro SD

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This link leads to a 512 Gbit eMMC for me.
The link I posted above filters all eMMCs for 4 Tbit
check Taobao here, you can order with an agent service like pandabuy or superbuy
https://s.taobao.com/search?catId=1...046-cn.searchbar.d_2_searchbox&tmhkh5=&type=p

i think this shold be the right one, my problem is i cant decrypt the part number and there is so much different part numbers.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...XmxE2u&id=748442925166&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check Taobao here, you can order with an agent service like pandabuy or superbuy
https://s.taobao.com/search?catId=1...046-cn.searchbar.d_2_searchbox&tmhkh5=&type=p

i think this shold be the right one, my problem is i cant decrypt the part number and there is so much different part numbers.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...XmxE2u&id=748442925166&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail
But that's the wrong eMMC no?
512 Gbit = 64 GB

For 512 GB we are looking for 4 Tbit eMMCs.

zal16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Attachments

• silicon-motion emmc datasheet.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: zal16

Ferz1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, I have a backup from my original OLED Nand chip (which is dead), I have replaced the Nand but I cannot boot into HEKATE...
I have an rp2040 modchip and when It tries to glitch it gives me this error (=** eMMC init failure during glitch process) ... can with this modchip somehow run Hekate to flash the emmc? can I change the firmware on it with a compatible version of Spacecraft? to boot?
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-25 102519.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-25 102519.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto